Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

Yikes! I just realized how badly I conveyed what I meant to say with that last post. My deepest apologies. My hope is that Disney doesn't let up on these guidelines. Plain and simple and regardless of what DeSantis has opened up. Not that they are making bad decisions right now because you are right, they aren't. Again, my deepest apologies if this has offended anyone. That was not the point I was trying to make, and the statement was entirely false.
Can we please leave DeSantis/local politics out of the posts. It's up to Disney on how they procede.

I agree that the photos show pretty decent compliance, but they also show a LOT of people, and just statistically some of them must be contagious. I do think that given current attendance levels and wait times, virtual queues or fastpass should be implemented. If you are indoors for an hour in line, it doesn’t matter if you are 6 feet away from the next group, that is a really prolonged exposure and there are always some nose peekers, walk-and-drinkers, or pull-down-to-talkers in line adding droplets to the indoor air. Fastpasses would give people an option to shorten their indoor exposure to 15 mins or less.

To quote Rafiki, “It is time.”
Fastpasses would slow the standby line, and virtual queues for all rides would have everyone wandering the parks and crowding the walkways. What would be helpful is opening some more shows and restaurants to take crowds out of the queues and off the walkways.

Hey, I just got attacked on another thread for posting up how crowded it is today so I’m gonna try to get attacked on this thread lol. Social distancing is a joke, crazy crowds and long lines at HS today. Flame me!
View attachment 531093
View attachment 531094
View attachment 531095

i just left. It was a s—t show in Toy Story and GE. The main blvd looked great. Every place else was packed.

We were there 3 weeks ago and IMHO half the amount of people. Wait times have doubled.

Not talking about distancing and such, Disney is doing great on that, but is failing on distributing people around. Not enough venues are open for the crowd increase.

I would not want to be in the parks this weekend.

i just left. It was a s—t show in Toy Story and GE. The main blvd looked great. Every place else was packed.

We were there 3 weeks ago and IMHO half the amount of people. Wait times have doubled.

Not talking about distancing and such, Disney is doing great on that, but is failing on distributing people around. Not enough venues are open for the crowd increase.

I would not want to be in the parks this weekend.

Someone told me that the reason its been so crowded was because of school breaks in the east coast. Do you think this is the cause for the increase?

Most people choosing to visit during this altered experience are not first timers or seldom visitors, and WDW vets are more likely to pick Fall/Winter over Summer. It's encouraging to see visitors accepting most of the current drawbacks without much complaint, I just hope WDW shows the same good faith by making sure there are enough park hours, staff and attractions open to accommodate them without average wait times going off the charts as attendance increases.

We still have confidence our January trip will be fine and WDW will continue with reasonable protocols as the evolving situation warrants. Their capability to minimize risk doesn't worry me much, it's more the possibility of them not making corrections soon enough to offset crazy wait times. I'm fine not getting perks onsite like FPs & EMH as long as we do not have to stand on a 100 minute line for EVERY E-ticket ride.

We've been here since Oct 1. I think it all boils down to expectations. We all saw the videos and heard the reports from July and Aug of nearly empty parks and walking on rides, and thought - gee I want some of that!!

Fast forward to October and things have changed. Our son is with us and he estimates the crowds are 2 to 3 times the size they were when he was here in early August. For example, last Sat at AK we got in line for FOP 10 minutes prior to the posted park opening. It took 35 minutes. Compared to "normal" times that's fantastic and would make pretty much anyone very happy. But compared to our son's August experience when they walked on FOP 3 times in a row (mid-day) with CM's not even making them go the entire way back to the ride entrance, well now the 35 minutes doesn't sound so great :rolleyes:.

If you are coming right now, you are going to wait in line. Some are nice and short. Some of them are quite long. While a lot of them do end up being shorter than posted times, that's not always the case. Over the past week, we've stood in lines that ended up being less than (most common), about equal to (quite a few), and longer than (rare) the posted wait time. It's basically a crapshoot. Overall, the actual wait times are still a lot shorter than "normal" standby times would be for the most part. But if you are someone that is used to taking advantage of FP for the headliners and only riding the other things with shorter waits, even these standby times might seem daunting. Again - expectations.

As for safety, we have been very pleased overall. Is everyone perfect? No. Are there the occasional jerks that just don't care? Yes. But they are few and far between and we've had no issues avoiding those situations. We are still having a great time, even if we aren't riding our favorites over and over as our son and his friends did two months ago. My biggest issue is the heat. Goodness, FL weather gods - give us poor northerners a break! We aren't used to 90 + air temps (100 + feels like temps) in October :goodvibes). I'll be glad to get back home to some nice Fall temps, for sure.

The only thing I am concerned about it is whether or not they will bring fastpasses back before Xmas! We arrive Xmas Eve and if the crowds are insane, at least give us fastpasses.

The only thing I am concerned about it is whether or not they will bring fastpasses back before Xmas! We arrive Xmas Eve and if the crowds are insane, at least give us fastpasses.
I would almost guarantee you won't see anything to do with FPs at all until they roll out the new App and stuff next year in 2021. That's just my guess and I have 0 info or knowledge to back it up...I'm just taking a wild guess that all of that will be one big launch at once.

Other than the Frozen sing-a-long, are there any indications of when shows may return? With the pick up in crowds, some large venue shows (with socially distanced seating) could go a long way to clear up some of the congestion.

Other than the Frozen sing-a-long, are there any indications of when shows may return? With the pick up in crowds, some large venue shows (with socially distanced seating) could go a long way to clear up some of the congestion.
No

We are going for a resort only stay in Nov. for 5 nights for this very reason staying at Bay Lake and Copper Creek. The crowds have picked up, no fast passes and less hours in the parks does not interest us. We were lucky and had a great 8 night trip in March. We left March 14th and had a great trip with cool weather. It was crowded at times, but with fast passes and rope drop.....it was an awesome trip.

Yikes I've never seen rnr line halfway up sunset blvd...even in covid times
Yikes I've never seen rnr line halfway up sunset blvd...even in covid times
I agree I am here now and it is packed. All the lines are hugely long before park opens. We also came in July and there is no comparison. The line for test track was 80
Min long 30
Min prior to park opening. My husband went one day on his four day park hopper and said no way will
He go
Back

I agree I am here now and it is packed. All the lines are hugely long before park opens. We also came in July and there is no comparison. The line for test track was 80
Min long 30
Min prior to park opening. My husband went one day on his four day park hopper and said no way will
He go
Back
We'll be arriving Monday and man it's looking a lot worse than our trip a month ago.

Most people choosing to visit during this altered experience are not first timers or seldom visitors, and WDW vets are more likely to pick Fall/Winter over Summer. It's encouraging to see visitors accepting most of the current drawbacks without much complaint, I just hope WDW shows the same good faith by making sure there are enough park hours, staff and attractions open to accommodate them without average wait times going off the charts as attendance increases.

We still have confidence our January trip will be fine and WDW will continue with reasonable protocols as the evolving situation warrants. Their capability to minimize risk doesn't worry me much, it's more the possibility of them not making corrections soon enough to offset crazy wait times. I'm fine not getting perks onsite like FPs & EMH as long as we do not have to stand on a 100 minute line for EVERY E-ticket ride.
This! You summed up my concerns exactly. Unless you arrive about 2 hours BEFORE scheduled opening, you will likely be in long lines for every E-ticket ride at DHS. I arrive Sunday during the first big school Fall Break week. The entire week had very little park availability until a couple of weeks ago when they increased capacity (and yes, they absolutely have increased capacity a couple of times already because completely full days in all buckets suddenly have lots more availability). That increased capacity and limited Disney hotel availability next week indicate it will be the busiest week so far. Unfortunately, I am worried that I am arriving during the period of time before Disney makes the increasingly necessary crowd accommodations. Although I'm concerned, I am going in with realistic expectations and do think we will have fun.

For example, last Sat at AK we got in line for FOP 10 minutes prior to the posted park opening. It took 35 minutes. Compared to "normal" times that's fantastic and would make pretty much anyone very happy. But compared to our son's August experience when they walked on FOP 3 times in a row (mid-day) with CM's not even making them go the entire way back to the ride entrance, well now the 35 minutes doesn't sound so great :rolleyes:.
A 35-minute wait for FOP still sounds great in my book. And that's coming from someone who's only ever rode it using FP+. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the part of the queue that we always miss, even if it means waiting 30-45 minutes instead of 10-15 with FP. Even if we end up with a 60-minute wait, FOP is worth it to me and it's far better than the 3-hour waits that it's consistently had since it opened.

A 35-minute wait for FOP still sounds great in my book. And that's coming from someone who's only ever rode it using FP+. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the part of the queue that we always miss, even if it means waiting 30-45 minutes instead of 10-15 with FP. Even if we end up with a 60-minute wait, FOP is worth it to me and it's far better than the 3-hour waits that it's consistently had since it opened.

I'm glad you mentioned the stand by queues. We've always been FP or bust kind of guests, so it's been fun going through all of the stand by queues for a change - many of which we'd never seen before that have such terrific details.

Today did get better after it rained but it always does. The crowds don’t bother me. I was just sharing how busy it is and for those that say social distancing looks good in the photos, I agree.... in those photos. It’s kinda hard to take other people’s picture incognito but I was able to take a few in SR. I had a few tailgaters in lines but finally just turned around and asked if they would like to join our party lol. One guy said “sorry,I thought you were my wife”. I replied “sorry your wife looks like a man” and he backed off lol. This is what I seen most of the day. Groups ignoring the ground markers to keep this from happening.

and a lot of this. That is not all one family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter