Anyone done the "Atlantis Sub Adventure" on St Thomas?

suttonsammie

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone has done this excursion on St Thomas and if they enjoyed it? Was it worth the money? I have two smaller children, ages 4 & 8, and was wondering if this is something they would enjoy.

Eileen

We did the Atlantis Submarine and thought it was interesting. There were several youngsters on our dive and they seemed to enjoy it. They only catch is there is no guarantee of seeing a lot of fish. Hope this helps.

Hello!

My two sons (11 and 8 at the time) and I did the Atlantis Sub excursion in May/01. The kids loved it, but I wasn't as impressed as they were. I had been expecting a lot more vibrant sights. My first and only experience with underwater anything was in the Cayman Islands, and I was spoiled by the beauty of the ocean life there, I have been told that it is only second to the Great Barrier Reef...As for the kids....they thought it was great...the sub is a bit confining...but the crew was fun, and I think that your children would enjoy....hope this helps a bit...

Melissa

We did the sub with my DS4, by 4yo DNiece, and my 8yo DNephew. The 8yo really enjoyed it because of the novelty of going almost 90 feet below the water's surface. But the further down you go, the fewer colors you see because color is filtered out by the deep water. My son and niece were pretty bored. They much preferred the See & Sea tour at St Maarten. Bigger windows... more to look at... especially with a diver outside the windows feeding the fish.

My DD-9 and DH went on this last September and LOVED it! My DD said that the Captain will help you spot fish and lobster- whatever is down there at the time. She really enjoyed it and tokk some really nice pics!

I took my 6y/o DD on the sub tour in December. She really enjoyed it, especially watching the depth guage as we wentj down further and further. The only bad part was the 15 minute trip out to the sub. We had rain that morning in ST and the seas were running 10-15 feet. It was almost as good as Aerosmith! DD thought it was fun at the begining but after 5-10 minutes of stuffiness and rough ride, the doors and windows were closed due to the wind and rain, she was not doing too well. Another girl about 10 on the trip was so scared they went back without going on the trip.

DD thought seeing the coral and the various fish were fantastic. We saw several different sharks and lobstres. The colors do become quite muted as we went deeper. Red fades out first as depth increases. The ride is glass smooth as soon as the sub dives. On the whole, I would recommend the excursion. But, you do need to remember that the type and quantity of sea life seen is not controlled by a Disney computer!

Have a great trip.

:bounce:

DH took DD7 in July and she LOVED it! (I, on the other hand, saw no benefit of being 100ft under water and opted for a day of jewelry shopping!)

I guess the ride out to the sub can be pretty choppy - nothing bothers our little "Iron Stomach", but 2 weeks later when her friend went on the cruise she got sick as they were about to enter the sub. They returned to the Magic and luckily, they were able to get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter