Anyone do the tangled lantern photo op?

-W1ZGqVrQJt7DNpCepwLqAPfY8IRp5EgLTz60IUEILK0p3k-EQRuCPJiMeCJP7IewnEU5oz0GaX2kULj2ZMUuszkH3EAIJIVvsPY06zTznsopK-fWon8HM85zh4l7zEAHT-mY3zGffohEkK8PifWlg3yQpgibY8IW0kCz2S3llA5q_ECpp4pUV3wE_oFk5f04X0Gtwvbkf6ktZsquN06sI98N8-uTjrG5H6r2vcy4Lr3V52cuEHHTTLGXlyuOImDP4StgMVwzh7ZSth216yN1NPwevTtuJNvGbVpgZmf_ALChvsczRTwco_fBY5v-_35ccpxbWYVDA1LsJT0BbHzXlnskc9NbGSOYvZIN45KfZeUIdnvRa0FPa-B8yGK3l1KVp91wdKZmfs8tcdTR2D5Nm8Y6bPGONN6pr5auOu9zOBdfLSyGzC--X05J5MQhDD_epU5jq8vRdkgEpt5onQjgXUeQIW8r2s5w88W1v6pBE7yDz3qk_d34CELIYoPp-5_DUr78NaJKwjkTK9ccJ9_dLN-_PUu1Iv-XNAKHXVHOhFXi_tGGtdJaZdtqLxPbQKwASwzRaNDOLV1aO3FjiuQ6JJGAqJTDlffFUljleyu=w1370-h914-no

My daughter and her girlfriend got this lovely shot last week. They were so pleased with it!

They seriously need to do something about the lighted bathroom doorway in the background. I was so disappointed with my photo when I noticed that!
It's too bad you were disappointed in yours
Hope you get a chance to go back and try it again.
We've loved all ours. I think the photographers do a grand job of blocking out all the background and if I didn't know better I'd never guess it was taken at a bathroom of all places.
It's about the only photo you can't even see the people. Heck, I didn't even notice the doorway till you mentioned it and even then, nothing about it screams "bathroom" to me
Just looks like a doorway in a village or something.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_410035751285.jpg

No I did that one it’s a little app on iPhone called color pop super easy to use and you do some great things with it.
I love the effect. I remember how many shots the photopass gunner took when my wife and I did this. They took so much time getting the shot perfect, it struck me as the sort of thing that might show up on the photopass screen when you go look them up. Since the lantern's a known quantity for every shot it would be possible to process the effect with an algorithm automatically.

If you don't mind me riding your coat tail, I think I'll try the effect myself for the print we're doing of this same shot.

The door actually is very simple to edit out if any of you need me to.
Mask it and us the dodge tool to darken it. What I would actually like to try is to grab a bunch of the 'floating' lanterns, mix them up, and drop them down into the background to fill dead areas like in front of the door to the toilet.

I love the effect. I remember how many shots the photopass gunner took when my wife and I did this. They took so much time getting the shot perfect, it struck me as the sort of thing that might show up on the photopass screen when you go look them up. Since the lantern's a known quantity for every shot it would be possible to process the effect with an algorithm automatically.

If you don't mind me riding your coat tail, I think I'll try the effect myself for the print we're doing of this same shot.

Mask it and us the dodge tool to darken it. What I would actually like to try is to grab a bunch of the 'floating' lanterns, mix them up, and drop them down into the background to fill dead areas like in front of the door to the toilet.

I hope you do do it and post it here and your done!

We got it done on NYE around 10pm no wait we walked right up. I can't figure out how to load a picture.
Also a few days later we found a a lantern one in front of the tea cups. Again we walked up, no wait.

Yes. You can always have a picture taken without buying Memory Maker. You just have to pay to download them.
Thank you. I have never had pictures taken anywhere before so wasn't sure how it all worked.

Thank you. I have never had pictures taken anywhere before so wasn't sure how it all worked.
You get the photo taken and have your magic band scanned. If you do not have a magic band I believe the photographer will provide you a card with a code on the back. You can get one with the first photo you have taken and keep using it the entire trip.
The photos will appear on the Photopass area of your My Disney Experience account
They will have a watermark on them.
For any you want to download there will be a link to purchase. I believe they are $15 each. They may offer packages of several at a discount (example, buy 10 and it's only $100), not certain. Since we have an AP we always get all photos included so I've not checked in to pricing in a while.

This is the first I’ve heard of this and it just made it to the top of my must do list for when DH and I go in September. We have tickets for MNSSHP. Can we still get the picture during the party?

This is the first I’ve heard of this and it just made it to the top of my must do list for when DH and I go in September. We have tickets for MNSSHP. Can we still get the picture during the party?

That's when my DD got theirs' taken. She had it planned and in her touring plans for the evening. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter