• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone concerned about the Coronavirus in WDW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems like this is ramping up. Where will we be in a month? I have until 31 days out to cancel my dvc reservation and avoid holding points. Worry over quarantine.

It’s still going up. Why wouldn’t it be more widespread in June versus April?

May be still going up but I am hoping that since it will be warmer in June, more temperate weather will be at least a partial backstop.

It just seems like this is ramping up. Where will we be in a month? I have until 31 days out to cancel my dvc reservation and avoid holding points. Worry over quarantine.

At some point there are going to be too many cases to quarantine. Personally I feel we need to start telling people who are sick to stay home, have some personal space and use common sense. That is going to be more effective because there are probably already people out there we don't know about spreading it as we speak.

At some point there are going to be too many cases to quarantine. Personally I feel we need to start telling people who are sick to stay home, have some personal space and use common sense. That is going to be more effective because there are probably already people out there we don't know about spreading it as we speak.

Since we’re in flu season, they probably think they have the flu.

New research came out in the 26th showing CT scans to be more effective at diagnosis than PCR. Research is continuing to evolve over time with this virus.

We have 60 reported cases in the US at this time. Out of that number...

42 aboard the Diamond Princess..Japan
3 repatriated from China
14 traveled abroad or close contact with those who had..
1 unknown transmission in California

Yes, the number will like likely increase but just a bit of perspective for now.

If that were the case, there would be no cases in the Southern Hemisphere.
Not necessarily. In a global community, contagion could be coming in from the northern hemisphere ever time a plane lands.

That said, I'm not counting on the calendar to cure this.

I feel, with no professional expertise of course, that the April/May/June timeframe is the most primed for cancellations and even US park closures. Luckily our June trip is a room only reservation so we can decide a week before time what we are doing. We drive.

Hopefully by our September trip this wont be an issue.

I feel, with no professional expertise of course, that the April/May/June timeframe is the most primed for cancellations and even US park closures. Luckily our June trip is a room only reservation so we can decide a week before time what we are doing. We drive.

Hopefully by our September trip this wont be an issue.

That's been my running theory as well. Though end of March can't be ruled out. With spring break quickly approaching there will be even more air travel happening to aid in spreading ALL viruses, including flu and potentially COVID-19.

That's been my running theory as well. Though end of March can't be ruled out. With spring break quickly approaching there will be even more air travel happening to aid in spreading ALL viruses, including flu and potentially COVID-19.
Perfect timing for my end of April cruise. I have finally gotten to the point where I just cannot worry about it right now. At least my August cruise will probably be okay.

We have 60 reported cases in the US at this time. Out of that number...

42 aboard the Diamond Princess..Japan
3 repatriated from China
14 traveled abroad or close contact with those who had..
1 unknown transmission in California

Yes, the number will like likely increase but just a bit of perspective for now.

8400 people under observation thanks to that one case in CA. It’s really early for the US. Right now, the two new big outbreaks are in South Korea and Italy.

If it gets to being community spread....there won't be quarantining. This isn't china or even japan once it's out here, society will adapt and we'll continue our normal trek through life. The reason quarantine is happening now is an attempt to prevent community spread. I would be very surprised if places like disney or professional sports were actually cancelled for any long period of time in this country once its community transmitted.

Edit: another note on the summer temps helping..I agree we cant assume that it will get better but we also can't assume it wont.

For all those saying warmer weather will be a cure here, I suggest we use Singapore as an example. It's 90 degrees there and there has been local transmission, albeit on a small scale beause of their rigorous control procedures. We have a mid-April trip booked as well, but I think that's likely a lost cause at this point.

For all those saying warmer weather will be a cure here, I suggest we use Singapore as an example. It's 90 degrees there and there has been local transmission, albeit on a small scale beause of their rigorous control procedures. We have a mid-April trip booked as well, but I think that's likely a lost cause at this point.

Warm weather doesnt stop the transfer of the flu or colds it lowers the chances greatly...there still are people with the flu or colds in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter