Anyone book Slinky Dog FP+ at 60+5 in AM?

Any advice: Do you think it’s best to book Slinky Dog first at the 60 day mark, or FoP?
This isn’t exactly an answer to your question, but more of snapshot of currently FP availability for these two attractions.

In searching for a FP party of 2, the earliest availabitly for Slinky is on July, 31st. The earliest availabitly for FoP is August, 5th.

I only searched for availabitly at approximately 60 days from now. I didn’t search EVERY day between now and August. There may be limited and sporadic availabitly before these dates.

I’m hoping for get Slinky for 3 people before 2pm on a Sunday in September at 60+1 and FoP for 3 people after 4PM on a Monday at 60+2! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for all your responses! It looks like there is hope for my 60+5 DHS day! I will go ahead and try it.. Sounds like I may have to modify and tweak, but it is possible with a little persistence.

I am going for FoP on 60+6 and 60+9, so I really wanted to try to put DHS on day 5. I'm going with teens, so it's more of a priority to get FoP than SDD (although we all want to try something new!)

Thanks again! I'll report back when I book my FP+ in a few weeks.

For the week of 7/11, I booked SDD at 60+4 at 9:45am for party of 4 & 60+6 at 8:30am for party of 3

This isn’t exactly an answer to your question, but more of snapshot of currently FP availability for these two attractions.

In searching for a FP party of 2, the earliest availabitly for Slinky is on July, 31st. The earliest availabitly for FoP is August, 5th.

I only searched for availabitly at approximately 60 days from now. I didn’t search EVERY day between now and August. There may be limited and sporadic availabitly before these dates.

Bold is our first day. I can make FP in 2 days! :hyper:

I edited my first post to reflect what I was able to get

I know you mentioned having to leave for work during your FP picking time, but I had great luck refreshing & moving up FP times immediately after booking them, there's a mass reshuffle on that morning that lasted about 2 hours, when it really slowed down the offerings, I stopped trying. Sometimes I could only move up the time by 5 minutes but I would take it & keep refreshing. (FYI, for others planning their FP morning).

Had our FP day this morning (6/22). I was able to get Slink Dog @ FP+4. Now it was only available in the evening.........but we GOT IT!!! Sadly we were unable to get FOP at FP+3 which is our only AK day :(

We'll live...........but we're trying out SLINKY DOG!!! :D

Doug :goofy:

Any advice: Do you think it’s best to book Slinky Dog first at the 60 day mark, or FoP?
FOP was gone @ FP+3 when I signed on this morning.......something I expected based on TourPlans info on FP availability. If you put AK later in your trip you might have a better shot. But that's contingent on how long your at WDW. Slinky Dog was available at FP+4........

For me its a personal call. We've done FOP several times so Slinky Dog was the priority. You have to make that call.

Doug :goofy:

We only have one morning at HS and our main goals are Slinky Dog, Alien Saucers, and the new Disney Jr. dance party (if it's running when we go in October!). We're going to rope drop and my original plan was to get a FP for Slinky Dog, and head to Alien Saucers at RD. Do you think I'll have better luck getting a morning FP for Alien Saucers and lining up with the masses for Slinky Dog at RD?? Thanks!

Today was my FP day. I got the Alien Saucers at 60 +1 and 60 +4, and there were plenty of times. I got Slinky Dog at 60 +5, and there were plenty of times available there too. The first Saucer was a party of one, and the other two FP were for a party of three. We spent a LOT of time at AK last year for Pandora, so I only have one AK day planned and am not riding FoP, although there were FP available. I don’t know how late in the day availability was that good though as I booked mine as soon as I could log in today.

I know you mentioned having to leave for work during your FP picking time, but I had great luck refreshing & moving up FP times immediately after booking them, there's a mass reshuffle on that morning that lasted about 2 hours, when it really slowed down the offerings, I stopped trying. Sometimes I could only move up the time by 5 minutes but I would take it & keep refreshing. (FYI, for others planning their FP morning).

I had about 40 good minutes with FP+ on my 60+ day, then had to head out to work. I regretted not taking the day off LOL! It would have been nice to spend time going over plans carefully and making adjustments. Yesterday (Sat), I was able to spend a good couple of hours tweaking our plans. I shifted a bunch of things, swapped some FP+, and I have to say I'm really happy with the way things look now.

I'm not real happy about our 2:00 SDD mostly because I'm worried about rain putting a wrinkle in those plans. If we get a replacement FP+ for it, I'm not even sure if we'll be able to come back to ride it. This day is a 7:00 AM RD day for us, so I was hoping we'd be out of the parks by 1:00 for a rest at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter