Anyone been able to buy Onboard Credit through the Onboard Gifts page recently?

Groucho

Why a duck?
I have a lot of money in gift cards (thanks to buying at a discount from someone whose cruise was canceled) and I've been trying to use the Onboard Gifts page to buy Onboard Credit. That way they can get used for all the onboard charges.

I am able to go to the page, select an amount and the traveler to assign it to, but when I add to bag, I get the dreaded "We're Working on It" error page. If I go back to the Onboard Gifts page, it shows that the there's 1 item in the bag, but if I go to look at the bag, I get the error page.

I've tried multiple browsers, private browsing sessions, etc, with no luck. The message stays until the cookies expire or I clear cookies. Sometimes once the error happens, I can't log back into the Onboard Gifts page for a few hours because it tells me that it can't find my reservation.

I can always call/chat but it'd be easier if it actually worked! Just wondering if it's worked for anyone or if it's just me! Thanks!

Why not just take your gift card with you and apply to your account once onboard.
1. I shouldn't need to since the website should work.
2. I don't want to spend time at Guest Services the second I walk on the ship.
3. Guest Services doesn't want any unnecessary in-person interaction.
I might add that I'm not talking a single card. I'm talking about multiple cards at their maximum amount - just in case.

So, back to my original question.

I never ever knew this was an option, perhaps because we always book with a TA and she would have to manage that?

Anyhow, have you tried doing it on the app vs online with your computer?

I just checked it out. Apparently it is something I can do, not that I need to add any cards, but thank you for teaching me something new!

I just checked it out. Apparently it is something I can do, not that I need to add any cards, but thank you for teaching me something new!
Yeah, apparently it was added in 2019. It's sort of hidden under the Shop by Category. It'd be ideal for what I'm trying to do, if it worked! :)

As for app vs website, the app takes you to your device's web browser for onboard shopping, so it's still the website, and the problems have been the same. :(

If you've got a minute, I'd be curious if you're able to add it to your "bag" without getting an error message? You aren't charged until checkout so you don't have to actually do it.

I just tried and was able to get through to the payment page. I didn't try to enter payment info so don't know if it would have failed after that.

We've always just called to add extra to our onboard account. By doing it in advance and paying with the Disney Visa card, it qualifies for 6-months no-interest.

Yeah, apparently it was added in 2019. It's sort of hidden under the Shop by Category. It'd be ideal for what I'm trying to do, if it worked! :)

As for app vs website, the app takes you to your device's web browser for onboard shopping, so it's still the website, and the problems have been the same. :(

If you've got a minute, I'd be curious if you're able to add it to your "bag" without getting an error message? You aren't charged until checkout so you don't have to actually do it.

I was able to add it to my bag without getting an error. Sounds like you are going to have to call DCL. Sigh....

Thanks guys. So it is just me! :( Oh well. I got an absolutely amazing deal on the gift cards so that takes some of the sting out of having to wait on hold forever! :) (Yes, they're legit, from someone I know, and all are loaded in the Disney gift card page and verified.)

Have you tried faxing the form? I have he success with that in the past. Not sure if it is still done that way since we haven’t cruised since 2018.

Are you using a VPN, or logging in from an IP address that might fail the security smell test? Do you have add-ons such as adblockers or privacy scripts enabled? And what happens if you try and do it through your smartphone - not through the app but on DCL website on your smartphone?

Are you using a VPN, or logging in from an IP address that might fail the security smell test? Do you have add-ons such as adblockers or privacy scripts enabled? And what happens if you try and do it through your smartphone - not through the app but on DCL website on your smartphone?
Thanks for the response. I do use adblockers but have them disabled on DCL. No VPN (I'm a sysadmin by trade and tend to roll my eyes at the VPN-for-home-security industry!) and using a standard home service dynamic IP for internet. I did also try several different browsers, not all of which had adblockers. It just must not like me for some reason!
You can't buy onboard gifts with the app - it just open's your phone's default browser (Firefox!), and same result.

I ended up calling DCL earlier today; hold time was a little over an hour but they were able to take care of it for me with no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter