Anyone able to book FP's this morning????? [10/2/2018]

I'm seriously so upset I could cry. This trip is supposed to be about celebrating my dad who survived organ failure in June. He was hours from death, was flown to a hospital four hours away where they told us he barely made it. We usually don't rely on FP's because we are rope droppers, but we won't be able to rope drop this trip because he really only has enough energy to be up from 9 am - 10 pm. Just dropped almost 3k on APs and here I am watching all of the FPs disappear before my eyes.... :sad:

:hug: You're going to be okay. Your trip is about celebrating your dad, and that's what matters most. You'll take your time, take in the sights and just enjoy the fact that you can all be together at Disney. And eventually (with a lot of refreshing of pages) you'll probably even get the FPs you want, if not exactly at the times you want.

Our trip is about celebrating my husband's retirement. He's had some health issues of his own, and lost his mother, aunt and uncle recently. It's been a bit rough these past two years, so I was feeling some pressure this morning to make everything "perfect". I was sitting there at 7am, getting upset about seeing that darn Olaf over and over. But then my husband walked by and said, "Why get stressed? One way or another, we're going to be at Disney, at Christmas! So who cares if we get on any one particular ride?"

(Keep in mind, this is the same man who once had a - small, manly, very dignified and adult - meltdown over missing the last steamboat ride of the day. :laughing: We've all been there!)

You're going to have an amazing trip. Congratulations to your dad, and best wishes for his continuing recovery!

Had the same problem, kept crashing in the morning but eventually got most of the FPs we wanted. Was anyone able to book Slinky Dog? showed zero availability

Had the same problem, kept crashing in the morning but eventually got most of the FPs we wanted. Was anyone able to book Slinky Dog? showed zero availability

I was able to get Slinky Dog Dash for the afternoon of Dec 4th at about 9am this morning, but they do seem to be all gone now. However, I expect if you refresh the page very diligently, one might show up as people adjust their plans.

:hug: You're going to be okay. Your trip is about celebrating your dad, and that's what matters most. You'll take your time, take in the sights and just enjoy the fact that you can all be together at Disney. And eventually (with a lot of refreshing of pages) you'll probably even get the FPs you want, if not exactly at the times you want.

Our trip is about celebrating my husband's retirement. He's had some health issues of his own, and lost his mother, aunt and uncle recently. It's been a bit rough these past two years, so I was feeling some pressure this morning to make everything "perfect". I was sitting there at 7am, getting upset about seeing that darn Olaf over and over. But then my husband walked by and said, "Why get stressed? One way or another, we're going to be at Disney, at Christmas! So who cares if we get on any one particular ride?"

(Keep in mind, this is the same man who once had a - small, manly, very dignified and adult - meltdown over missing the last steamboat ride of the day. :laughing: We've all been there!)

You're going to have an amazing trip. Congratulations to your dad, and best wishes for his continuing recovery!

Thank you for the encouraging words :hug: and congratulations on your husband's retirement! I am very excited about Christmas at Disney.. I haven't been at Christmas in 4 years! :jumping3:My mom can just be overly critical sometimes about the plans.. like if I can't get a FP at a certain time she will complain about it being "too late" or "too early.." she doesn't realize how hard it is to even GET a FP :confused3

I was able to get Slinky Dog Dash for the afternoon of Dec 4th at about 9am this morning, but they do seem to be all gone now. However, I expect if you refresh the page very diligently, one might show up as people adjust their plans.

Found refresh to be key especially when you're there! Got FOP day of and got 2 FEA day of by switching times back on forth on the app. Didn't get FOP today cause AK is our first stop so figured it wouldn't happen....gonna see if I can get lucky with same day again :stitch:

We make ours Friday. I am on east coast and can only be logged in until 7:45 cause I will have to go to work....UGH NERVOUS

Called back after I didn't hear from the resolution team. The CM was able to book all of my Fastpasses for me. The only one I couldn't get at my preferred time was was FoP on the 4th day of my trip. I'll keep trying to move it up, but at least I got something. She did have to book a few of them as "special" experience FPs because they were giving her issues too. I'm so glad I called back and got a knowledgable and friendly CM :cool1:

Called back after I didn't hear from the resolution team. The CM was able to book all of my Fastpasses for me. The only one I couldn't get at my preferred time was was FoP on the 4th day of my trip. I'll keep trying to move it up, but at least I got something. She did have to book a few of them as "special" experience FPs because they were giving her issues too. I'm so glad I called back and got a knowledgable and friendly CM :cool1:

That's wonderful!

UGH these posts are freaking me out! My day is Monday the 8th and I am in CA so I have to be ready at 4am. All I see lately are these posts where people can't get in. It's so frustrating!!!!

12/4 is our Hollywood Studio day too. Only 6pm and later SDD FPs were available when I tried. Didn't reserve it as it conflicted with our dining reservation.

Found refresh to be key especially when you're there! Got FOP day of and got 2 FEA day of by switching times back on forth on the app. Didn't get FOP today cause AK is our first stop so figured it wouldn't happen....gonna see if I can get lucky with same day again :stitch:

Def will give it a shot.

I got Slinky Dog on the 5th in the afternoon and it was right when it opened up for booking this morning. Lots of down time as mentioned above, but got everything ,else we wanted if not exactly when we wanted. Didn't try to get FOP but got everything else in the morning (except Peter Pan). After all the frustrations of this morning, I feel pretty good about the results. I did change some things around, but all the good ones had the FP gone so had to keep the ones we had. I did get upset when I booked two FP and then it said I did it on Dec.1 when I had chosen Dec. 4. I just checked the website and it is messed up now - so glad I got what I got!

I went in this morning to make some FP adjustments for our trip in 2 weeks. I was able to get an additional Slinky Dog on a different day, as well as a 2nd FOP for a different AK day.

According to a Cast Member I spoke with, there were a number of system changes introduced last night. One was apparently changing Friends and Family permissions so you can no longer see the reservations of someone linked to you unless you are in the reservation, even if the owner is sharing all plans.

There must be other wonkiness because I was unable to make FPs with the system saying I didn't have valid admission even though I have an AP.

12/4 is our Hollywood Studio day too. Only 6pm and later SDD FPs were available when I tried. Didn't reserve it as it conflicted with our dining reservation.

I had the same issue, but I grabbed it anyway, and then worked on moving it up earlier right away. I managed to move mine from 6:55pm back to 3:55pm, which we can make work!

I hope you have an amazing family trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter