Anybody jump of the Dream?

That's a nice little tidbit of knowledge in that article:

The Disney Cruise Line is well known for their impeccable safety record and standards. Their outside railings (facing the ocean) are 42 1/2 inches high (about waist/chest high on an adult) and covered with plexiglass. It would be extremely difficult, although not impossible, for an adult to accidentally fall overboard.

I have a friend on the Dream that posted this on Facebook tonight. He did say an announcement was made on the ship after the man was recovered and taken to the medical center.

He jumped about 6 pm. It was light out with dead calm seas several passengers saw it and heard the splash. Coast guard showed up about 45 minutes later. He was rescued after about 90 minutes by Disney crew. A lot of people were at dinner and didn't know anything about it. The did call mr mob one time.

He jumped about 6 pm. It was light out with dead calm seas several passengers saw it and heard the splash. Coast guard showed up about 45 minutes later. He was rescued after about 90 minutes by Disney crew. A lot of people were at dinner and didn't know anything about it. The did call mr mob one time.

interesting Mr mob. translation. Man Over Board Disney is slipping in their acronyms. usually they use something totally unrelated to keep people guessing whats really going on.

Now that I read the story, if he did go over from deck 4, if I remember correctly there are several gates to get to the lifeboat equipment. Its not out of the realm of impossibilities, that they found a gate and opened it.

Now that I read the story, if he did go over from deck 4, if I remember correctly there are several gates to get to the lifeboat equipment. Its not out of the realm of impossibilities, that they found a gate and opened it.

Deck 4 would also help explain why he was found and alive. Much less distance to go to the water, relatively speaking.

All depends on how you land.

True.

Just the only other person I've heard of surviving/being found after jumping off was from the Adonia which is tiny even by Classic class standards.

True.

Just the only other person I've heard of surviving/being found after jumping off was from the Adonia which is tiny even by Classic class standards.

The guy that the Wonder picked in 09 from the Sensation I think came off the 7th deck balcony. We were on the Wonder when she picked him up.

interesting Mr mob. translation. Man Over Board Disney is slipping in their acronyms. usually they use something totally unrelated to keep people guessing whats really going on.
It's Funny we were in the room. My son had just popped in and the ambulance chaser that he is went flying out of the room. I went up to the cove. Nobody seemed to concerned. The pool workers and bartenders said it's probably from another ship because it just never happens on Disney. There were no other ships in the area though. When the coast guard plane started circling I knew it was our ship. The edge kids all saw the rescue and were videoing it from deck 12. At dinner none of the wait staff new about it. I guess they want everything to go on business as usual. If they hadn't found the guy so fast I'm sure the whole ship would have known because we would have been circling for hours.
I'm not sure what happened. I'm assuming he jumped. He must of found his will to live though because he treaded water for about 90 minutes. That's not easy to do. My son said he was completely naked and looked like hell when the pulled him out.

It's Funny we were in the room. My son had just popped in and the ambulance chaser that he is went flying out of the room. I went up to the cove. Nobody seemed to concerned. The pool workers and bartenders said it's probably from another ship because it just never happens on Disney. There were no other ships in the area though. When the coast guard plane started circling I knew it was our ship. The edge kids all saw the rescue and were videoing it from deck 12. At dinner none of the wait staff new about it. I guess they want everything to go on business as usual. If they hadn't found the guy so fast I'm sure the whole ship would have known because we would have been circling for hours.
I'm not sure what happened. I'm assuming he jumped. He must of found his will to live though because he treaded water for about 90 minutes. That's not easy to do. My son said he was completely naked and looked like hell when the pulled him out.

Probably had a lot of shrinkage being in the water for 90 minutes.

Disney have used Mr Mob, for Man-Over-Board for at least three years now.
Even if it is totally unrelated its not necessarily top secret. I'm sure it would only take a few minutes of posting on here for someone to tell everyone what the code is for a medical emergency, or even a fire...

Disney have used Mr Mob, for Man-Over-Board for at least three years now.
Even if it is totally unrelated its not necessarily top secret. I'm sure it would only take a few minutes of posting on here for someone to tell everyone what the code is for a medical emergency, or even a fire...

We had a Bright Star on the Magic once. They announced it and it sounded bad.... then we found out it was bad. Terrible.

We had a Bright Star on the Magic once. They announced it and it sounded bad.... then we found out it was bad. Terrible.

Just putting it out there that a 'Brightstar' doesn't always have a terrible ending. It's rare that it does.
A lot of the time its because someones had a fall, or broken a bone, or collapsed...
I once got too hot in a crew drill (in the Bahamas, in a crazy small space, with a lifejacket on, and no air because we weren't on the open part of deck 4), I hadn't been 100% and my body gave up and I collapsed. They called a bright star. I got carried down to the medical centre but was back at work the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter