• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody getting paczkis for Paczki Day this week?

I just had my first fitting for my dress for my sons wedding in April, swore I was going on a salad diet..... But then I come home and read this thread
So yes, I will get a box of them......... What can I say, I'm a sugar addict. :guilty:

Considering I live in Pulaski, WI which is the ultimate Polish town (named after Polish war hero, Casimir Pulaski) and we have a local bakery that is featured on the news every year on Paczki day...of course! They have every filling imaginable. People come from all over the area for them from our bakery, which is actually kind of funny because they sell them EVERY day. We love our paczkis!

http://www.smurawabakery.com/polish-specialties
http://www.smurawabakery.com/paczki-day

eta: my fave are the raspberry filled and the lemon filled. yum!

I have a very good friend from Pulaski! She's making a road trip to visit family and get Paczkis of course!

Eat them every Sunday, the valley where I live is filled with Polish and Slovak immigrants that came over in the 20's and 30's..my Baba being one of them :)

I'm from Michigan. Like there's a choice.

I'm sure there will be paczki in many places for me to take advantage of (DH will probably bring some home), but I usually don't take initiative to go to any one of the well known sites and buy them myself.

I recently saw an image of a paczki version with cannoli filling. That would be awesome.

Also from Michigan. I'm born and raised and grown here and I never realized this was such a regional thing until a couple of years ago when I asked some work colleagues from the South what flavors they had picked up. They thought I was insane.

Now that I'm no longer in college with infinite time to wait in lines, I don't usually get the awesome, super fresh ones. The Meijer ones aren't bad though!

Had no idea how it was spelled. The only time I've heard of them, it was mentioned by former football coach and TV analyst John Madden on his daily segment on a local radio station. I guess he had them on his visits to the Midwest. He way he pronounced it was "paste-eeze".

Had no idea how it was spelled. The only time I've heard of them, it was mentioned by former football coach and TV analyst John Madden on his daily segment on a local radio station. I guess he had them on his visits to the Midwest. He way he pronounced it was "paste-eeze".
That is a completely different thing. Pastys are a meat and vegetable filled shortbread crust. Paczkis are like jelly donuts. I'm always amazed at how such a know it all can get tripped up by the most mundane things.

I usually start seeing them about a week before Fat Tuesday. But as of Friday, my local Shop Rite didn't have any yet. Hopefully they will by tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter