Anybody getting paczkis for Paczki Day this week?

Picked up a dozen this afternoon.

0qjW1SDkueNZ8IWUFRwzg1P56XDe6Vn5hfQNIOLLMk6mM9ytbYjK6OmqBv_ZchuuQAt1FPC88vt4oS9aYdfKyWbQ3naU7XM64omG57N2oQhsm-KHdoq0-J9xFONWXer4yipVQMFa-Cicy9jVqf_2Xt92ZADk3CRgXwkTq25vUY1xoBOpkJexi7aMV1CfFM24oHMDVFECiPZTlxzNP7qtiH9HLNEO66zLlfP15VvRzWb1pdqvEI5VqXaDWr65Pp4TmJ6bThXq4skXLg9RvwIFgNMSgi59JZ18CnUsj09JHQ904fQKgCNyVCVCGEQUjjHcgEzKsZ8t1ctLRlgNegTvsKGnhgObRO08phcPDV1roi39xWLWZNP6lgfhD2JJ4JWDmrpiCpG9h02JG5axE6q1Ua53fEMUlBxfL5sI0MnRYlS9Zu33tto051AxklgbMIvN4LxqSGUrg4OscuW1LN6jlnFEcJyAr0xxzoB9RKsC_mELKWo6P4pILwGuetlS2AKidPLjJ5M-pgk412POunkixfmChATmu3yZKahfOe-BxlJYHAQ4934QUx01tI0bJKqpRZK0PPZ9Sip4NTLsVjfh-OVgIO0IUo5qH0CYtlC6QZqKoysAo7GyYg=w1720-h968-no

These are the flavors at Spunky Dunkers.

Chocolate Bavarian, Bavarian, Cheese, Strawberry Cheese, Raspberry Cheese, Cherry Cheese, Apricot Cheese, Blueberry Cheese, Lemon, Cherry, Banana, Raspberry, Lemon, Strawberry, Apple, Apricot, Blueberry, Lemon Buttercream, Strawberry Buttercream, Blueberry Buttercream.
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's meet at Gumbo's, pretty sure he's got a vehicle that can get us to Chicago fast. We'll stop at the bakery, buy up the entire stash and take Dan to lunch! :teeth:
Sounds good to me. :drive:

Oh my. I was not aware of these but I just Googled where to buy them near me. I love learning about new things on the Dis!

We have a famous local bakery that makes rose flavored ones & it's considered lucky if you get one with a rose petal in it. I've only tried them once & got the petal. I didn't feel lucky. All I could think was that they taste like my Grandma's bathroom air freshener smelled. They're disgusting. :eek:

I just bought some for the first time...got Bavarian cream...they kind of remind me of beignets we had in Gulf Shores this summer...YUM

I'm from Michigan. Like there's a choice.

I'm sure there will be paczki in many places for me to take advantage of (DH will probably bring some home), but I usually don't take initiative to go to any one of the well known sites and buy them myself.

I recently saw an image of a paczki version with cannoli filling. That would be awesome.
Exactly the opposite here; there's never been much of a Eastern European influence in this region of the province. Impossible to get a decent pierogi or cabbage roll either. :sad1: No patchkies (or however it's actually pronounced) for me. We will definitely be having pancakes on Shrove Tuesday though. :goodvibes

Last edited:
ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's meet at Gumbo's, pretty sure he's got a vehicle that can get us to Chicago fast. We'll stop at the bakery, buy up the entire stash and take Dan to lunch! :teeth:

I'm in!

I have never seen a paczki like the one the OP posted (live in MI). I got some a couple weeks ago from Meijers. They were surprisingly good considering the source. Must have been lucky and got a fresh batch. I wish they had more filling choices. I got strawberry and lemon. I think cannoli filling is supposed to be the new thing around here this year.

I've never heard of a paczki, but they look much more yummy than the pancakes I'll be making next Tuesday.

I have never seen a paczki like the one the OP posted (live in MI). I got some a couple weeks ago from Meijers. They were surprisingly good considering the source. Must have been lucky and got a fresh batch. I wish they had more filling choices. I got strawberry and lemon. I think cannoli filling is supposed to be the new thing around here this year.

Proper Polish grammar please!!! ;) Paczki is a plural word, a single one is a paczek.

....are they Polish? The next town over [Wallington] has a large Polish population - perhaps I should get there post haste....:car:

no. can. do.

Iwas wondering how you got Paczki Day out of Fat Tuesday. Never heard that before.
It's gotta be just a variation on the theme of consuming all the "rich foods" in the house so as not to waste them before going into the fasting period of Lent, which starts with Ash Wednesday the next day.

It's gotta be just a variation on the theme of consuming all the "rich foods" in the house so as not to waste them before going into the fasting period of Lent, which starts with Ash Wednesday the next day.
....:scratchin....:idea:....sounds like MY KINDA LOGIC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter