anybody else just getting started, or restarting?

Good luck! The music teacher at the elementary school where I teach is doing weight watchers and is having amazing results!
We are on our second week at Disney. I'm doing my best to stick with my eating plan. It can be a little depressing to pass on some of the yummy treats down here....
I'm sure I'll be glad that I did in the long run though!:goodvibes

Ahhh calories don't count at Disney! At least they shouldn't LOL ;)

I was very successful with Weight Watchers in the past but then I quit and gained everything back. Here's hoping that doesn't happen this time! And I agree that calories at Disney don't count! I walk so much while I'm there that I sometimes end up losing weight!!

Well, we went out and bought a set of scales for our purple locker to keep us accountable on this trip. My husband and I are both working to make changes in our lifestyles. Plus it would be nice to look trim on the Fantasy in June. He just told me that be wants to do the 5k when we re on Castaway Cay. Oooooh Boy!

Ugh! The snow finally arrived:headache:. Once they plow the streets, I might consider getting back out on the road. I am too afraid of slipping on ice so I will stick to the elliptical for now. I went 45 minutes on it yesterday. Then I did some bicep curls, tricep extensions and Roman chair situps. Today, I had ibuprofen for breakfast:lmao:. I worked 12 hours last night and I'm headed for another 12 tonight so no workout today. Tomorrow, I am hoping that the roads will be snow-free so that I can try and get a run in...the elliptical is SO boring.

Back at it also! Just got done with a 30 minute run (I pushed Week 7, Day 2 a little further - it was supposed to be 25 minutes but I stretched it out to 30). Felt good, now of course, I'm rushing to get ready for work. Oh well, It was worth it! And yes, I'm procrastinating on the DIS when I should be in the shower!

I'll post more later but I do plan to hit the gym after work for a bit more exercise today! Best of luck to everyone!!

I did another 30 minutes (3.04 miles) on the elliptical yesterday. It is 28 degrees with a 14mph wind outside so no running on the road for me. I wanted to do 30 minutes today, but I worked until 4am yesterday and had to get up at 10am today for dentist appointments (mine and the kids') before I go to work for another 12 hours. Today will be a no-cardio day:worried:. Hopefully, I will get out of work on time tonight, get a good night of sleep, and be able to get up in time to do a 30-minute run before work tomorrow.

Oh, and since it is a new year, I will try to remember to post my weight with each post...today, I am 158.5...my goal is 153 by March 29 (but I'd *really* rather see 150!)

Desiree & Kristenrice glad to see ya! Hope today went well for you both. I'm still going strong and very proud of it! watched what I ate and exercised!:thumbsup2

Just getting started today on disboards and coincidently weight watchers. Hope to make a better go of ww this time around.

Well, here's one more person just starting out...hope you don't mind me joining!

I guess a little backstory....my name is Annie, and I'm a senior at East Carolina University. My senior year of high school, I weighed 108, and loved it. However, I was also physically active 7 days a week with dance, marching band, and soccer. Once I got to college, I started getting lazier. At first it was just a couple of pounds here and there, but now it's starting to get out of hand. I don't have a scale at school, so I only weigh myself when I come home, and it seems that lately the pounds add on faster and faster. For the first time in my life last year, I couldn't zip up a skirt that I'd bought only a few months before. I tell myself I'm going to eat healthier, but honestly, as a college student I find it hard. I live off of Coke (the soda, not the drug), consider Pop-Tarts breakfast, and because I'm generally tired for class and work (I work part-time at a Chili's on campus, which doesn't help) dinner is usually frozen pizza or easy mac. Also, even though we have a gym on campus AND one at my apartment complex, well, I talk myself out of visiting very easily. My parents run marathons, and I tried for a bit, but I HATE running. With a passion.

I figure I need someone to keep pushing me, to help motivate me when I don't feel like it. My mom posts on another thread, but I found this one and you all seem so nice! So I guess here's to a New Year and new me!

Good morning and Happy New Year everyone!

Hello to the new posters here! Best of luck to you with your goals! We can do this!:banana:

Oops! I've been absent! Probably because I haven't been running:worried:...but I have been exercising:banana:. Today, I went out on the road. We are starting to get a bit of a thaw and we're looking at record highs on Friday and Saturday (mid 50's!)...of course, I have to work 10a-10p on Friday and 7a-7p on Saturday:headache:. I went a total of 5.07 miles today in just over an hour (1:01:22 to be exact). I was just slightly over a 12-minute/mile pace which is where I want to be for the 1/2 marathon. I'm shooting for a 13-minute/mile pace. Today I had to walk a little more than I would have liked to. I probably could have pushed myself through it, but since I haven't been out on the road running in several weeks, I didn't want to overdo it. Heck, I probably only should have gone 2-3 miles, but that 5 mile mark is such a motivation.

Even more motivating was that earlier this week, I stepped on the scale and saw 155! WTH? That can't be right! It was:woohoo:....but I had a little bender last night (carrot cake...my evil nemesis:furious:) and I was up to 158 this morning:(. So, it's back to no cake or french fries for me:rotfl:.

On a side note, my husband kicked his beer habit (not alcoholism level...he just drank 2-3 beers a night, 3 nights a week) and he has lost 10 pounds in just over three weeks:cool2:. He's back to doing his strength training and cardio again so I need to step it up a notch too. We leave for HHI in less than 3 months and I *will* have a better beach body than he does before we leave::yes::.

Count me in for restarting ... again!

I have been injured twice, and am currently sidelined again from running. No exercise means weight gain if you're not careful. I'll be starting again soon ... with some walking.

Looking forward to taking this path with you all. Let's motivate each other. :cool1:

I went out and ran yesterday since it was my day off. I actually ran just over 3 miles and went a total of just over 4. When I got home, I grabbed the dog and went for a mile walk so I got my exercise in for the day. I stayed within my calorie range too and weighed in this morning at 157.

Great job Kristen! And hello to everyone new and recommitting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter