Anybody else have a friend like this?

Goofyyukyukyuk17

Earning My Ears
Hi, sorry this is probably the wrong forum, I just didn't know where to post this. I have a friend who has never been to any Disney theme parks or Universal, yet he is constantly harping on me for my love of Disney. He claims that Universal is superior in every way to Disney. Hopefully after he goes to Universal this summer, he'll take back a little bit of his trash talk. I don't have a problem with Universal. I like Universal movies and parks, but I just feel that it is unfair to discriminate against one or the other until you have experienced both sides. I convinced him to go see Finding Dory with me this summer, and afterwards, he wouldn't stop talking about how awful it was and how it was the worst movie ever. I love him to death, but it annoys me so much! Anybody else have a friend or relative like this?

Sounds like someone you need to spend less time with? lol. People are stubborn, and are loyal to what they are loyal to for no reason sometimes, and will trash everything who is seen as the 'rival', with or without any valid points (ex. You love Peyton or you love Brady, not both lol)

My BIL used to mock us Worldphiles relentlessly. Every family gathering included one of his rants about how there is a whole other world outside of Disney and how we were ruining our children's' lives by repeatedly taking them to WDW.

Fast forward to now. They have a daughter and another child on the way. They have been do Disney several time a year in the past five years and FINALLY took my advice on annual passes.

Sometimes people just don't get our love of all things Disney. But sometimes, they experience it and do get it.

Hi, sorry this is probably the wrong forum, I just didn't know where to post this. I have a friend who has never been to any Disney theme parks or Universal, yet he is constantly harping on me for my love of Disney. He claims that Universal is superior in every way to Disney. Hopefully after he goes to Universal this summer, he'll take back a little bit of his trash talk. I don't have a problem with Universal. I like Universal movies and parks, but I just feel that it is unfair to discriminate against one or the other until you have experienced both sides. I convinced him to go see Finding Dory with me this summer, and afterwards, he wouldn't stop talking about how awful it was and how it was the worst movie ever. I love him to death, but it annoys me so much! Anybody else have a friend or relative like this?

The bolded parts literally made me LOL. Never let a complete lack of facts and experience get in the way of a strong opinion. :D

I have a brother like this. It makes me crazy. He hasn't been to the parks in 17 years but says that he has no interest. My mom was trying to plan a huge family trip to celebrate her retirement but my brother complained so much that we cancelled the trip. She was paying for his whole family but he had excuse after excuse. He has a 6 year old and a 2 year old, I don't know why he wouldn't want to go. His wife has never been so she is no help because she has no idea what she is missing. The last excuse that I heard was that he is in the military and has been the the actual places, he doesn't need to go to a theme park to see them. DH is very close to my brother but he's as frustrated as I am over this. Luckily DH is awesome and said were are not letting his attitude cancel or trip, we are taking our boys anyway.

Most people i know say... there's a whole world out there, how can you go to the same place and see the same thing over and over. UGH!

And since their opinion is just that, THEIR opinion... they make a shorter line for me when they stay away, lol

You either get it/love it or you don't.

People who do that are often looking to get a rise out of you. They think they're soooo funny. And some people just like to be contrary. Next time your "friend" speaks ill of Disney, simply put up a hand and say "Stop. I'm not interested in hearing your opinion about places you've never been or bashing something I enjoy so much."

If he can't respect this aspect of your friendship, you should consider weeding your friend-list.

I have a brother like this. It makes me crazy. He hasn't been to the parks in 17 years but says that he has no interest. My mom was trying to plan a huge family trip to celebrate her retirement but my brother complained so much that we cancelled the trip. She was paying for his whole family but he had excuse after excuse. He has a 6 year old and a 2 year old, I don't know why he wouldn't want to go. His wife has never been so she is no help because she has no idea what she is missing. The last excuse that I heard was that he is in the military and has been the the actual places, he doesn't need to go to a theme park to see them. DH is very close to my brother but he's as frustrated as I am over this. Luckily DH is awesome and said were are not letting his attitude cancel or trip, we are taking our boys anyway.

What a shame that your brother has hijacked your mother's trip and made it all about him. That's no way to react to a gift. The trip was supposed to be about your mother, not him. I wouldn't be shocked to hear if he has a history of making family stuff all about him.

Sounds like people who have never sailed on a Carnival Cruise ship and trash the company constantly as low class and full of drunks. :rolleyes2 (People on here do it all the time.:rolleyes1)

I would never bash something I have never tried. If you have tried it and you hate it, great! Now you know and you don't ever have to experience it again. But how can you say something is terrible if you have no experience with it. Some people just like to think they are superior and know better than everyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter