Any word on how Castaway Cay is doing?

I would love to know, too. We head there next week and I'm hoping it is still in one piece. This has been rough for the Bahamas today! Wowzers! Praying everyone is safe!

Wish there was a webcam like Port Canaveral but I guess there’d be no power anyway.

This was just posted on DCL...

Castaway Cay Update
Many of our guests have asked questions about Castaway Cay. Some of our Crew remained on the island and their care and safety is our highest priority. We are in regular contact with island leadership, who is making sure our Crew is well taken care of in our storm shelter, which is designed for these types of situations and has restrooms, power and is well stocked with food and water. Castaway Cay remains south of the more significant weather and is currently experiencing tropical storm force winds, which based on the current forecast, are expected for the next several hours before gradually diminishing. Our thoughts are with the people in areas of The Bahamas that are being impacted by this storm and we stand ready to contribute to recovery efforts.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/guest-services/advisory/?6

If any one hears how Castaway Cay made out with hurricane please commit.
Thx
Robert

Not only does the island have to be cleaned up. There could be damage to the dock that needs repaired and in order to do that supplies will need to be brought in. And the dock area will more than likely have to be dredged deep enough again to allow the ship to get close to the dock after the heavy tides push the ocean floor (AKA sand and debri) close to the dock area. The island took a direct hit with 185 mph winds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter