Any updates on Genie+ release date

Well you have the hotel reservations bucket so you should be fine with waiting on the tickets.
As for genie plus, everyone has different tolerances for wait times but we really haven’t found waits to be unwieldy. Most of the times posted are incredibly inflated. We haven’t waited more than 40 minutes for anything other than Radiator Springs and even that was under an hour*

*we haven’t been since rise went to standby, I assume that is probably 60-90 minutes.

Yeah I actually just found out that they had a new special offer so that knocked $400 off my hotel stay so it definitely makes me more inclined to keep the reservation LOLOLOL

G+ will help me decide how many ticket days I"m going to buy, if I have G+ I can get more done in less park days.

But that is not a deal breaker yet so I'm going to give it until mid Dec to decide.

At this point I don't want them to release it when I'm there next week. Was originally hoping it would have been out for at least a week prior to going, to give more time to work out the issues, etc. I could see them waiting until January, it does sound like a nightmare trying to release it the week of Christmas.

Yeah I actually just found out that they had a new special offer so that knocked $400 off my hotel stay so it definitely makes me more inclined to keep the reservation LOLOLOL

G+ will help me decide how many ticket days I"m going to buy, if I have G+ I can get more done in less park days.

But that is not a deal breaker yet so I'm going to give it until mid Dec to decide.

Replying to myself because

1. There are two similar Special Offers right now for Jan and one of them actually increaded my savings by another $150...

But also

2. We were talking about G+ and she said to keep an eye on the website because it's still officially Fall for another couple weeks.

Grain of salt with that, because you know how that goes with Disney Cast Members and reliable information, but technically she's right. It's still Fall till the 20th.

So maybe soon.

Following this thread. I've used maxpass. And I just got back from 5 days at WDW using the system. It's okay. I didn't like fastpass +
and loved maxpass so I liked genie+ better than FP+.... but I do feel it's a downgrade from maxpass. We go to Disneyland in October.

I am surprised it hasn’t either launched or they haven’t decided to change the verbiage on the site to be launching in winter… they aren’t seriously going to roll this out a week before Xmas are they?

I am surprised it hasn’t either launched or they haven’t decided to change the verbiage on the site to be launching in winter… they aren’t seriously going to roll this out a week before Xmas are they?

If Disney has it ready by then, (big if) why wouldn’t they launch it during a time with huge demand from guests?

If Disney has it ready by then, (big if) why wouldn’t they launch it during a time with huge demand from guests?
I think launching a new system when the parks are packed is less than wise but maybe they will pull this off. I just don’t have much faith in Disney IT nor their ability to quickly educate guests on it. Guests are still shocked to find out they need park reservations.

I think launching a new system when the parks are packed is less than wise but maybe they will pull this off. I just don’t have much faith in Disney IT nor their ability to quickly educate guests on it. Guests are still shocked to find out they need park reservations.

If it’s not ready then certainly don’t launch it. But otherwise, giving guests the ability to buy something that is optional, seems like a win for those who want it.

Unlike reservations, no one has to buy Genie+, only those who would like to use it.

Particularly when the news is: DL is full from now until the end of the year (not "crowded" but completely full). It feels like one of those "only a giant fool could try to pull off something this crazy ..." ... 👀 ...

Particularly when the news is: DL is full from now until the end of the year (not "crowded" but completely full). It feels like one of those "only a giant fool could try to pull off something this crazy ..." ... 👀 ...

So best to launch when the park is not completely full and standby times are far shorter…ok.

The number of people I've seen on the internet in the last week or two SHOCKED you need reservations because "they always go in December" and who have no idea what to do is startling. Like people trying to buy tickets for "tomorrow" and being like "why cant i????" I could never live by life on this much of the fly lol

So best to launch when the park is not completely full and standby times are far shorter…ok.
I can't tell - do you disagree? I mean - I guess my thought (from project management experience) is - in any year, holidays are a stressful time when you typically don't initiate new programs because people have expectations built on previous years. Add in DL being closed for a while, AP problems, Covid issues of the past and possible new ones, parks are clearly full since there are no more openings between now and 2022 - would you add something in that - even if it runs perfectly smoothly - would result in a ton of questions? And yet - it won't run smoothly as things never do. So now, it's Christmas, it's full, staffing is down, people are upset that they've paid for things and can't get as much access as they want, a new/modified program is introduced ... That just seems like a recipe for disaster that MBAs would be studying for the next 30 years. I'm not saying they won't do it - I'm just saying that from a risk management perspective, heck yes it makes more sense to wait until the park is not completely full and things are under less pressure!

Particularly when the news is: DL is full from now until the end of the year (not "crowded" but completely full). It feels like one of those "only a giant fool could try to pull off something this crazy
They will launch Genie+ and ILL$ as soon as they are ready. They have zero interest in whether the timing is a sensible idea, they are simply interested in another revenue stream asap.

I can't tell - do you disagree? I mean - I guess my thought (from project management experience) is - in any year, holidays are a stressful time when you typically don't initiate new programs because people have expectations built on previous years. Add in DL being closed for a while, AP problems, Covid issues of the past and possible new ones, parks are clearly full since there are no more openings between now and 2022 - would you add something in that - even if it runs perfectly smoothly - would result in a ton of questions? And yet - it won't run smoothly as things never do. So now, it's Christmas, it's full, staffing is down, people are upset that they've paid for things and can't get as much access as they want, a new/modified program is introduced ... That just seems like a recipe for disaster that MBAs would be studying for the next 30 years. I'm not saying they won't do it - I'm just saying that from a risk management perspective, heck yes it makes more sense to wait until the park is not completely full and things are under less pressure!

Well, Disney is one of the most valuable companies in the world, and probably has an MBA or two on staff and maybe even a project manager…so if they think it is ready to go then they will launch it.

If they don’t, then they won’t, as it hasn’t launched yet, but if it does launch this month my guess is they have a better idea (and resources) to determine the best timing.

Besides, it’s not like Disneyland hasn’t a version of this before, WAY back in 2020…so those who choose to purchase it can probably figure it out.

100% agree with this, if there is one rule when launching a new product or website on my company is never launch on Friday. Because despite everything going ok during testing and development, there is always a possibility of something going wrong and you don't want something going wrong when you have less staff available and more customer demands. I would never advocate for launching something as big as Genie+ during peak holiday season. It's like asking for it to go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter