Any tricky CP interview questions?

I just finished my phone interview. I think it went ok, but you never know! Now the waiting begins, the hardest part! Haha. Good luck to everyone else applying/interviewing! :)

Can someone explain the difference between pended and in progress please?

"In progress" means that your application has been submitted and is being reviewed. Your dashboard will say this right up until you get your acceptance or go NLIC (No Longer In Consideration).

"Pending" means that they just need more time to evaluate your application and decide if they are going to accept you or not. It's not bad at all and a lot of people go pending. It just means your in the exact same spot you were after finishing your phone interview...waiting.

Good luck! :)

I had my phone interview Wednesday. My recruiter's name was Stacy. She was awesome! I was on the phone with her for 50 minutes. All the questions were pretty much the same besides the one about heights. She just asked if I could handle heights. Anyone is nervous don't be! The recruiters make you feel comfortable. I really hope all of us who applied get in! Spring 2014!! :)

I have read all 28 pages of this thread(Yes, I am actually out of my mind) and it has all helped SO MUCH! I have my interview on Tuesday at 1PM. I applied and did my WBI on Thursday(the day applications dropped), and I've been unable to sleep since. I started on this thread late last night, and for the first time in a couple days I slept from 12AM - 9:30AM instead of 5:30/6AM.
You all definitely eased my mind about this interview, and I really think I have enough customer service knowledge / enthusiasm to snag an internship!

Thank you all!!!!!
I hope I see some Fall 2014 people pop up in this thread, it's really been so helpful.

I have read all 28 pages of this thread(Yes, I am actually out of my mind) and it has all helped SO MUCH! I have my interview on Tuesday at 1PM. I applied and did my WBI on Thursday(the day applications dropped), and I've been unable to sleep since. I started on this thread late last night, and for the first time in a couple days I slept from 12AM - 9:30AM instead of 5:30/6AM.
You all definitely eased my mind about this interview, and I really think I have enough customer service knowledge / enthusiasm to snag an internship!

Thank you all!!!!!
I hope I see some Fall 2014 people pop up in this thread, it's really been so helpful.

Don't feel bad! I did the same thing. Im actually looking forward to my phone interview on Thursday. I'm from Long Island as well btw. Good Luck on yours! :thumbsup2

Thank you all!!!!!
You're not out of your mind, you're smart!!
DisBoard- College is the best source for prepping for WDWCP IMO

Thank you all!!!!!

Hello Everyone! I too read all these pages, I thought I was the only one, lol. I have my phone interview next week and am nervous (because I want this S:ccat::ccat: bad) but excited too! I hope I am relaxed before my interview! Thank You to everyone who posted all these great Q's!
Good Luck Everyone! :hmghost:

Don't feel bad! I did the same thing. Im actually looking forward to my phone interview on Thursday. I'm from Long Island as well btw. Good Luck on yours! :thumbsup2

Same to you!! :D
Where about on Long Island are you? I heard a lot of people here are applying, which is awesome. Lots of people here to support each other. :yay:

Also! @BadDad and @MERMAIDchar, thanks!! :) It's nice to know that not everyone things I'm crazy. My girlfriend and best friend gave me the strangest looks today when I told them how many pages I read in this thread.. :earboy2:

i have read here that they ask you a space moutain question and if i am correct it goes something like this, "if a guest wants to go on space moutain but he is too short what do you do?" i don't know the answer because i did not get asked this

Yeah i've heard that that one gets asked alot. I have my phone interview friday so I am thinking alot about my phone interview so naturally I've been thinking about these questions alot. Does anyone know if they still have the astronauts in training certificates that one can give to a person too short to ride. That would factor into my answer so I want to make sure they still do that since i haven't been with anyone that was too short to ride in a while.

Just finished my phone interview and I had a question that caught me off guard but was able to handle it:

What would you do if you were helping a guest who didn't speak the same language as you?

Wasn't expecting that one at all. Other then that most of the other questions in here were asked. Helping a customer and the phone rings, how would you tell a guest that Mickey couldn't see him and was leaving, How would you make a guests magical if you were the first person to talk to them after they entered the park, Emergency situation how do you remain calm.

So I wanted to thank everybody here for the wonderful thread and now the waiting game beings! *Fingers Crossed*

Just wondering, for those who have completed the CP, how has it helped you in "real life?" Have any of you found that it made the difference in getting a job after graduation, or in applying for an internship. How did the program benefit you in a way that another job or internship wouldn't?

What would you do if you were helping a guest who didn't speak the same language as you?

Wasn't expecting that one at all.

I got this one as well, and had to take a moment. i admitted that it may not be the correct response, but that I'd try to understand non verbally what their needs were, and then retrieve someone who could speak their language to continue their assistance.

I got this one as well, and had to take a moment. i admitted that it may not be the correct response, but that I'd try to understand non verbally what their needs were, and then retrieve someone who could speak their language to continue their assistance.

Pretty much said the same thing, I tried not to take a moment but I believe I did. I think I said something about I would try to locate a cast member who could help assist but if there wasn't one around I would try to read body language or maybe have them point to it on the map. Its a tough question, but I'm sure it happens daily in WDW.

Pretty much said the same thing, I tried not to take a moment but I believe I did. I think I said something about I would try to locate a cast member who could help assist but if there wasn't one around I would try to read body language or maybe have them point to it on the map. Its a tough question, but I'm sure it happens daily in WDW.

I think with questions like that (or at least I hope) they aren't looking for the 100% correct way to deal with the situation, but that you are thinking along the right lines of how to solve the problem. Same with questions regarding attractions. i've never operated a ride at a theme park, but I tried my best to think about how one might, and I think that's what they want to hear rather than "Well, gee, I don't know"

I think with questions like that (or at least I hope) they aren't looking for the 100% correct way to deal with the situation, but that you are thinking along the right lines of how to solve the problem. Same with questions regarding attractions. i've never operated a ride at a theme park, but I tried my best to think about how one might, and I think that's what they want to hear rather than "Well, gee, I don't know"

Exactly, I think they just want to see how quick you can respond/adapt to a situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter