Any tips?

pixiemagic30

DIS Veteran
I have decided that it is time to get off the extra 30 pounds or so that I am carrying. I know that it is safe to lose 1-2 pounds per week. I have a plan for the exercising but will that be enough? My exercising plans include weight training 45-60 several 4-5 days/week, with pilates and tae-bo intermixed.

It's my goal to lose close to 12-16 pounds in the next 8 weeks.

Thanks for all your help,
Becki

Losing weight is 2/3 what you eat and 1/3 exercise. You will have to change your eating habits in order to lose 1-2# per week.

Thanks pugdog. I knew I had to change my eating too, but we'll see how that goes. I like the idea of ww, but I'm too poor so it looks like I will be doing that on my own.

pixiemagic - It's not as hard as you think to lose the weight. I lost more than 50 pounds some 7 years ago. I did it without going to the gym and without subscribing to any one diet plan. All I did was to start moving. I would jog in place. I would do sit-ups and push-ups every night. I would take the stairs instead of the escalator at the mall. These are some of the things that I did.

As far as eating, I cut out all fried foods, bread, sugar-filled drinks and deserts. According to a lot of my family, I was hardcore on my diet. I got the weight loss that I wanted but at the end of it I had absolutely no muscle or strength. Since then, I have learned the healthy lifestyle. I workout for 2 hours a day 4 days a week combining weights for 1-1.5 hours and 30 minutes+ worth of cardio. I have put on some weight but it is muscle weight. By doing the Tae-Bo and Pilates, this is going to be huge in getting toned. If you do the weights right, you will be able to keep your strength and definition.

Good luck! If you are interested, we have a group on a thread called Dieting for Disney that are very motivational :cheer2: :grouphug: and we all try to help in anyway possible. Have a great day!

pixiemagic30 said:
Thanks pugdog. I knew I had to change my eating too, but we'll see how that goes. I like the idea of ww, but I'm too poor so it looks like I will be doing that on my own.

You don't need to join and pay for any program. All I'm doing is counting calories, as easy as reading labels when you shop. I'm trying to stay under 1100/day and this has been effective for me. I have lost about 30# since Oct.

I'm not on WW, but I think you could get enough info on these boards to do it without joining. Good Luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter