Any thoughts on these resorts Windsor at Westside, Festival, Storey Lake ,

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
I’m still looking for a rental for our March 2018 trip. My focus was originally timeshare resorts, but due to difficulty finding a 3 bedroom unit at a reasonable price for our dates, i’m now thinking a townhouse/house might better suit our needs. We are travelling with 5 teenagers and 1 young child. I was considering Windsor Hills, but the townhouses just look dated to me, plus most really only accommodate 6 people in real beds (plus 2 on a sofa bed).

Location is not HUGE factor for us, as we are staying at a Disney Resort at the beginning of our vacation and will have most of our Disney days completed by the time we check into our rental home.

Any thoughts on Windsor at Westside, Festival Resort or Storey Lake? These look like all fairly new communities. I’m also open to consider any other suggestions!

Private pool plus great resort amenities for teens are important to us as we will be spending a few days relaxing at our resort, but I don’t want anyone hanging around indoors (teenagers!).

I haven't stayed at any of the resorts you mentioned, but I did look into Windsor at Westside (it does look gorgeous!) but discounted it because people on these boards were estimating it to be 20 minutes or so further from the parks than Windsor Hills (which we booked with.) Since most of your park time will be while you are staying on property though, 20 minutes might not matter to you.

Also, Windsor Hills units are all individually owned so you can find some that have been updated, it just may take more searching. They also have single family homes if you need more space. I believe Windsor Palms and Emerald Island are also in that general area but built around the same time as Windsor Hills so same in that some may be updated, some may not. Just something you may want to look into, good luck!

We are planning almost the same trip as you are! Ours in in May though and we are going to Universal instead of Disney. I looked at both Storey Lake and Windsor at Westside but haven't heard of Festival Resort.

I discounted Storey Lake after reading reviews that there was still a fair amount of construction going on and that some people had had fairly extensive ant issues.

I ended up booking this townhome in Windsor at Westside...https://www.vrbo.com/4039557ha...my daughter is excited about the Harry Potter room and we are all looking forward to trying out the lazy river! :)

Well we decided to go with Windsor at Westside! I booked a gorgeous 4 bedroom townhouse on Airbnb. Can’t wait!

Let us know how you like it, I may consider that resort for future trips!

I just realized that I never updated my post after our stay at Windsor at Westside. We rented a 4 Bedroom townhouse here in March 2018. I have tons of photos, but I seem to be having trouble posting so I’ll do my best.

Just for comparison sake, we have stayed at several Disney deluxe villas, as well as Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana. This was our first time renting a townhome and we LOVED it. Windsor at Westside is a fairly new development. The townhouse that we rented was super clean and spacious. It was located VERY close the clubhouse, which was great. The clubhouse pool was amazing and the staff was very friendly. My only complaint was that the clubhouse pool closed at “dusk” which seemed to vary by 30-45 minutes daily based on which staff members were working. The community was very quiet and clean. Windsor at Westside is a gated community and there was a gate attendant at all times. The drive to Disney property was 20-25 minutes depending on which park we were visiting. No issues with traffic. I would stay here again and would recommend Windsor at Westside to friends.

82B33ACE-FA2C-40B4-AC24-3F0CC4A2A24A.jpeg 59FC0B19-B644-4A44-937C-5F29B6232838.jpeg

Last edited:

Feel free to Pm me or post here if anyone has any questions regarding Windsor at Westside.

**I would still love to hear some feedback on Festival, Storey Lake or Solterra if anyone has stayed there.**

Feel free to Pm me or post here if anyone has any questions regarding Windsor at Westside. **
We (6 adults, 2 kids ages 5 & 7) have this 6 bedroom house rented at Westside for Nov 9-16:
https://www.vacationrentals.com/listing/p4079700
I priced the town home you rented and it was the same price as my 6 bedroom house. Looks like we got a good deal. Did you have any problems at the lazy river getting inner-tubes?

Last edited:
We (6 adults, 2 kids ages 5 & 7) have this 6 bedroom house rented at Westside for Nov 9-16:
https://www.vacationrentals.com/listing/p4079700
I priced the town home you rented and it was the same price as my 6 bedroom house. Looks like we got a good deal. Did you have any problems at the lazy river getting inner-tubes?

The resort did not provide inner tubes for the lazy river, however they are allowed so you may want to grab some if you’re out shopping. We were fortunate that a family that was leaving the next day offered us their inner tubes - we left them behind for the next family.

I am also comparing these with Windsor Hills so bumping rather than starting a new thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter