Any Swag for DVC Members on sailings?

On an Alaska cruise last May (WOW, a year ago already), we went to the member meeting but won nothing.

Toward the end of the cruise we were walking by the room where they were having a non member sales pitch meeting. We asked if we, as DVC members, could attend since we were just killing time. CM said sure, and gave us a card to fill out for the raffle.

During the meeting they asked how many there were already members even though it was supposedly for new recruits. Lots of hands went up, so we didn't feel weird being there.

At the raffle, the prize was a $300 credit. They pulled out a couple's card, but one of them had left, so they said they didn't qualify to win.

So they pulled another card - WE WON!

It topped a great trip. The sail date was our 30th wedding anniversary. The weekend before in Vancouver I ran a marathon and my wife a half marathon. Then the cruise, so we had a great way to replenish all those calories were expended doing the races!

On an Alaska cruise last May (WOW, a year ago already), we went to the member meeting but won nothing.

Toward the end of the cruise we were walking by the room where they were having a non member sales pitch meeting. We asked if we, as DVC members, could attend since we were just killing time. CM said sure, and gave us a card to fill out for the raffle.

During the meeting they asked how many there were already members even though it was supposedly for new recruits. Lots of hands went up, so we didn't feel weird being there.

At the raffle, the prize was a $300 credit. They pulled out a couple's card, but one of them had left, so they said they didn't qualify to win.

So they pulled another card - WE WON!

It topped a great trip. The sail date was our 30th wedding anniversary. The weekend before in Vancouver I ran a marathon and my wife a half marathon. Then the cruise, so we had a great way to replenish all those calories were expended doing the races!

VERY NICE! I saw the non member meeting was a $300 credit and ours was 'only' a $200. Maybe we'll try to hit that one up next time as well.

I forgot, we also got a Mickey pin with an anchor and some hats and a reusable grocery DVC bag. Can't wait for our 2nd cruise next month to get the Castaway Club goodies. :D

We just went on the Magic last month and we got the magnet, a wooden box with 4 lanyards for all of us and a picture of Walt and his wife on a cruise when we stopped by the DVC desk midship one day. Maybe they give you a card board one if they know you already have the wooden one?

When we got to Port Canaveral I saw the DVC desk before where you check in for the ship and I just mentioned we were members and if there was anything special for members and he took my Stateroom number down.

We went to the Member Celebration only to have the chance to win the $200 credit (DH did not want to go since he knew it would be a sales pitch) but we won! :D

I have gotten the wooden box mulitple times. I think they just changed it.

Does anyone know if it is the same swag for all ships or does it vary between the four? Is something different offered on an Alaskan cruise versus the caribbean or a 7 day vs. a 4 day?

I would think with so many DVCers doing so many repeat cruises, they'd switch it up a bit.

We were on the March 1-4 Dream Cruise....

IMG_2076.jpg

What if a DVC member is in one cabin and the Associate is booked in another, does just the DVC member get invited or do both?

Maybe they give you a card board one if they know you already have the wooden one?

I doubt it, I have four wooden ones. Will be good to get cardboard, that can be thrown away.

Don't know if this was just a coincidence, but we travelled with 5 other cabins and we were the only DVC members. We were the only only cabin to get a reclining chair on our veranda. We also got the wooden box with lanyards and door magnets. This was March 13 sailing this year :confused3

Don't know if this was just a coincidence, but we travelled with 5 other cabins and we were the only DVC members. We were the only only cabin to get a reclining chair on our veranda. We also got the wooden box with lanyards and door magnets. This was March 13 sailing this year :confused3

Do you think that would have happen if say an associate member was booked in one of the other cabins. My husband is booked in one cabin and I am booked in another (the associate). Would I (and the person in the room with me) be allowed to the DVC gatherings? Of course, if it is just the one room, I would go with my husband.

Do you think that would have happen if say an associate member was booked in one of the other cabins. My husband is booked in one cabin and I am booked in another (the associate). Would I (and the person in the room with me) be allowed to the DVC gatherings? Of course, if it is just the one room, I would go with my husband.

They don't check ID at the door at the meetings. They don't care who you bring because it is a sales pitch more or less. Everyone on board gets an invitation to the non-member presentations.

As for the gifts, as I understand it those are for members cabins only, not associates.
The reclining chair thing sounds like a coincidence.

They don't check ID at the door at the meetings. They don't care who you bring because it is a sales pitch more or less. Everyone on board gets an invitation to the non-member presentations.

As for the gifts, as I understand it those are for members cabins only, not associates.
The reclining chair thing sounds like a coincidence.

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

We won the stateroom credit our last cruise. Boy has my wife not lived it down. She said "we never win anything" and I insisted we go. :rotfl:

If want DVC SWAG do a member cruise. You won't be able to pack it all home without a extra bag.

What kind of swag do you get at the member cruise?????

To those who asked about buying on the cruise- we added to ours on the cruise and it is one of the best deals out there we got a great deal on GCV and bought 100 points best choice EVER

Also when you are on Castaway Cay the DVC guys will walk around the island and give stuff out. Those hats they give out are really nice the white ones with a Mickey outline very nice.

I can confirm that the wooden boxes were replaced by the cardboard pirate Mickey boxes. We were on the April 19th Dream sailing. We got lanyards, a pin, hats, and a blue mesh beach bag. We had to stop by the DVC desk on deck 4 to pick everything up as we did not attend any of the member activities. The 2 DVC guys weren't friendly at all, which was disappointing. Maybe because we told them we had just added on while in WDW before the cruise. :rotfl:

I is also DVC, and schwag was haved by all.

We actually bought into DVC onboard a few years ago and almost needed an extra bag to lug home all the stuff they threw at us. Bags and hats and twelve pounds of paperwork. We also got they wooden box on the Dream in October. It was a nice unexpected kinda thing.

We didn't do the DVC get-togethers on the Dream, as we only had three days, but we did pop by the desk a couple of times to say hi and see if they had any little trinkets.

My next cruise since becoming a DVC member is next year's Med cruise. As appealing as the wooden box appears, I don't think I want to lug it home from Europe. :rotfl: Hopefully the cardboard boxes are a permanent change ... at least until I sail from Port Canveral again. ;)

We have been DVC members for over 12 years and we will be going on our first Disney Cruise out of NYC this summer, can't wait!!!! Finally convinced my DW to do the cruise!!! I have been reading these posts and have a question.

We are using our points for the cruise and I am wondering if the swag is automatically placed in your stateroom or is it something that has to be inquired about? I hate to sound like I am looking for anything free, well maybe a little, LOL but some of the items sound pretty cool and I know my DD would love them and would be surprised with them in the room. Then again we all love anything with Disney on it.

BTW thanks for the post!! Would never have thought about DVC Swag!!!

Thanks Again
Mrdisnie

I've had to call DCL for several reasons in preparing for this cruise and each time I do, I ask them if I need/should let them know that we are now DVC members (as we weren't when we booked). They said no, you can just stop by the DVC desk sometime while you are on board. I get kinds bummed (for some reason) when they say no, but I'll stop by the desk either way. This will be our first sailing since becoming DVC members, but we aren't using our points for the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter