Any Swag for DVC Members on sailings?

Quicklabs

DIS Veteran
DH and I are boarding the Fantasy in one week. :woohoo: Does anyone know if DVC provides any swag such as lanyards, beach bags or packs or any other Disney largess on cruises. We didn't use our points for this. How does DVC know when a member is sailing? I did call our guide to put a bug in her ear just in case.

I've been getting lanyards in a wooden box. If they know you are DVC you will get a magnet on your door. and usually if you ask at the DVC desk they have a pin to give out.

Also if you go to the DVC member gathering on your cruise they give out a baseball cap, a bag, and they have drawings for everything from passport holders to beach towels to stateroom credit.

If there are not magnets on your door when you check in, stop by the DVC desk to be sure you are on the list. THey get it right about 1/2 the time for members using cash.

Box with lanyards in room, hats at member celebration, prizes at member celebration, and if you are really lucky, you'll win the drawing for a stateroom credit.

If want DVC SWAG do a member cruise. You won't be able to pack it all home without a extra bag.

If there are not magnets on your door when you check in, stop by the DVC desk to be sure you are on the list. THey get it right about 1/2 the time for members using cash.

Box with lanyards in room, hats at member celebration, prizes at member celebration, and if you are really lucky, you'll win the drawing for a stateroom credit.

Our magnet showed up later. I wanna say after the muster drill.

What is the best way to let DCL know that we are DVC members? (traveling on cash and not points) Our TA said they do not do anything for us and there is no place to attach our number to our reservation anyway. Should I call DCL directly? This is our first DCL cruise but we have been DVC members for years.

What is the best way to let DCL know that we are DVC members? (traveling on cash and not points) Our TA said they do not do anything for us and there is no place to attach our number to our reservation anyway. Should I call DCL directly? This is our first DCL cruise but we have been DVC members for years.

Last cruise I did I wasn't on the list so I just went to the member gathering and said "I is DVC, give me shwag!".

Well, maybe not quite like that... ;)

I became a DVC member after booking my upcoming cruise, so I emailed DCL to tell them essentially what the PP said, "I is DVC, give me shwag!". The response I got was pretty much "check your daily navigator for special member events!" So I'm going to be stopping by the DVC desk to repeat my request for le shwag. =)

While the onboard member events are fun. They are really just designed to make sure you are very much aware of what the current incentives/prices are for add-on's and to push Aulani, or whatever resort is the newest. If you ever do want to purchase an add-on, cruises are certainly the best place to do so.

If a non-DVC member sails with a DVC member (same stateroom, member sailing on points and non-member sailing on cash) can the non-member attend the DVC events with the member? Just curious, as we don't plan on doing anything separate, but would hate for the DVC member to miss out on anything!

Another question to add!

Is there a DVC meeting to join while on board?

I know at the resorts they have SSR where there are mock rooms to show is there anything on the cruise ships?

Another question to add!

Is there a DVC meeting to join while on board?

I know at the resorts they have SSR where there are mock rooms to show is there anything on the cruise ships?

Ooooh yeah. There's a few of them.

- Dreams

If a non-DVC member sails with a DVC member (same stateroom, member sailing on points and non-member sailing on cash) can the non-member attend the DVC events with the member? Just curious, as we don't plan on doing anything separate, but would hate for the DVC member to miss out on anything!

Absolutely you can attend together. They have events for members and nonmembers (hoping to make you a member :rotfl2:).

I've been getting lanyards in a wooden box. If they know you are DVC you will get a magnet on your door. and usually if you ask at the DVC desk they have a pin to give out.

Also if you go to the DVC member gathering on your cruise they give out a baseball cap, a bag, and they have drawings for everything from passport holders to beach towels to stateroom credit.

They don't do the wooden boxes anymore. It was a pirate mickey themed cardboard box.

They have a new pin they are handing out, it is pirate mickely and and anchor

WE also got a red thingy that you attached to your lugguage handle.

They don't do the wooden boxes anymore. It was a pirate mickey themed cardboard box.

Can I ask when this was?

We just went on the Magic last month and we got the magnet, a wooden box with 4 lanyards for all of us and a picture of Walt and his wife on a cruise when we stopped by the DVC desk midship one day. Maybe they give you a card board one if they know you already have the wooden one?

When we got to Port Canaveral I saw the DVC desk before where you check in for the ship and I just mentioned we were members and if there was anything special for members and he took my Stateroom number down.

We went to the Member Celebration only to have the chance to win the $200 credit (DH did not want to go since he knew it would be a sales pitch) but we won! :D

We just went on the Magic last month and we got the magnet, a wooden box with 4 lanyards for all of us and a picture of Walt and his wife on a cruise when we stopped by the DVC desk midship one day. Maybe they give you a card board one if they know you already have the wooden one?

When we got to Port Canaveral I saw the DVC desk before where you check in for the ship and I just mentioned we were members and if there was anything special for members and he took my Stateroom number down.

We went to the Member Celebration only to have the chance to win the $200 credit (DH did not want to go since he knew it would be a sales pitch) but we won! :D

Woo Hoo! Congrats. I was just happy with a free drink and het. Our team won the trivia game thing and I got a passport holder which I was excited about. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!