Any runners out there?

The shoes comments made earlier is spot on. Get your pronation checked and get good shoes. Go to a real running store, not foot locker or Dicks. It will make running much easier. If you are going to be running longer distances, get some body glide. Good socks are important too. They make a dual layered sock that is supposed to eliminate any kind of blisters. If your going to run longer distances, bid your toenails farewell.

I think the best advice my friend who went from couch to marathon in a little over a year was "Walk into the shoe store and tell them you are starting to jog, if their first question is what size/brand do you need, walk out."

When I went to the store to look at shoes it was about 15 minutes before they closed. The woman helping me asked me to come back the next day because the guy who would know best about sizing shoes for a "bigger guy" would be in then. When I came back they spent about 15 minutes examining the wear patterns on the shoes I wore in and watching me walk around the store from different angles before I even tried on a pair.

When I went to the store to look at shoes it was about 15 minutes before they closed. The woman helping me asked me to come back the next day because the guy who would know best about sizing shoes for a "bigger guy" would be in then. When I came back they spent about 15 minutes examining the wear patterns on the shoes I wore in and watching me walk around the store from different angles before I even tried on a pair.

That means that you have a great running store that knows what they are talking about. As familiar as my running store is with me, they still watch me walk barefooted every time that I go in there.

Checking in. Used to run a lot. The last race I ran was a half marathon right before our daughters were born. While training for a full marathon injured a hip and have been working on my black belt in lazy since.

I am looking forward to starting on a new program now that we are back. the goal is for me to lose 15lbs before our Nov. trip. We have a great mini marathon here in INdy where you get to run around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Shoes, shoes, shoes. Can't say enough. What is the mileage you experienced guys get new ones? I had someone tell me to put no more then 150-200 miles on a pair of shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter