Any rumor when 2014 dates come out?

On board last weekend I was told October-December!! Ugg

I would love anytime between Oct and Dec since we are on a Dec cruise and need to book for our 2014 cruise. 2013 we will be going to DL or Hawaii instead. I would love new ports maybe something in the south pacific or more Hawaii cruises.

Based on what I've read here and what happened last year - DCL may release only the Fantasy and Dream's schedule in the next month or so. They didn't release the Magic and Wonder's itineraries though summer 2013 until January.

Do you know if there is any lead time before official post or are the cabins just suddenly available one day

Just wondering if anyone knows when DCL typically releases their cruise itineraries? I am looking for summer 2014. Thank you!

Just wondering if anyone knows when DCL typically releases their cruise itineraries? I am looking for summer 2014. Thank you!

I've merged your thread with another thread on the same subject that I found a couple pages back.

popcorn::

I'd like to know too.
I would have loved the Pacific Coast cruise if it were not during the school year. I even booked one hoping our schools would give 3 days off for Jewish holidays like they did last time it fell on a Wed but this time they get just the Wed off so we cancelled. With ds in HS, it's just too much time to miss. It's the same reason we didn't jump on HI or PC crossing either. :sad1:

I'd love another NYC sailing but hope they spice up the itinerary. The train was uber convenient but I know dh & kids don't want to go to Nassau again (or even stay on the ship) They like a cruise where there's interest in visiting the ports.
We loved Alaska but probably couldn't do that again until '14.

Do you know if there is any lead time before official post or are the cabins just suddenly available one day

It varies. If there's a new fantastic itinerary announced (like Hawaii was last year) it was leaked here on the DIS before being officially announced. People knew when DCL would begin accepting bookings, beginning with platinum and gold then silver then the newbies. Other times, when DCL is doing the same ol' same ol' the new listings just appear. yawn.

Since the Dream and Fantasy are committed to Port Canaveral for a couple more years, I expect their 2014 dates will just appear. We keep hoping for something new and fun for the Wonder and the Magic, but....

If you use a TA ask them to let you know as soon as the itineraries are released - it's another chance of finding out ASAP

Scillycruisers said:
If you use a TA ask them to let you know as soon as the itineraries are released - it's another chance of finding out ASAP

Our TA already knows what 2 cruises to move our dummy dates to in 2014 - whatever the Fantasy is doing Mar 8-15 (spring break - yes our tentative school calendar has been released) and whatever date has an Eastern in Aug 2014 (Aug 2 or Aug 9th). She has our choice for stateroom as well. I imagine the Dream/Fantasy 2014 dates will "appear" since they aren't new.

She also knows I will drop everything & re-work all plans if DCL decides to visit any southern ports on one of the classic ships!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It varies. If there's a new fantastic itinerary announced (like Hawaii was last year) it was leaked here on the DIS before being officially announced. People knew when DCL would begin accepting bookings, beginning with platinum and gold then silver then the newbies. Other times, when DCL is doing the same ol' same ol' the new listings just appear. yawn.

Since the Dream and Fantasy are committed to Port Canaveral for a couple more years, I expect their 2014 dates will just appear. We keep hoping for something new and fun for the Wonder and the Magic, but....

When DCL opened bookings to Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members in advance, they opened them to Silver CC members at the same time as the general public. :(

I sure do wish NYC is back in 2014 we couldnt do it this year...and are doing a Bahamaian in 2013 so NYC would be grand....:goodvibes

We're really hoping for a L.A. to Vancouver repositioning cruise for May 2014.

We're doing a 4 day Bahamas cruise in Feb 2013, and I had a quick question about booking. If the dates come out before then, would it be best to book on opening day, and then if the prices are the same when we cruise, book again on board and then just cancel the original booking? I've noticed that the repositioning cruises haven't sold very quickly in past years, so I think there's a good chance that booking on board will give us the best price even if its been a few months since release date.

Of course, that's assuming that a) DCL is going to Alaska in 2014 b)there will be a California coastal repositioning cruise c) The Magic/Wonder itineraries for 2014 will be out by Feb 2013. Fingers crossed!

We're really hoping for a L.A. to Vancouver repositioning cruise for May 2014.

We're doing a 4 day Bahamas cruise in Feb 2013, and I had a quick question about booking. If the dates come out before then, would it be best to book on opening day, and then if the prices are the same when we cruise, book again on board and then just cancel the original booking? I've noticed that the repositioning cruises haven't sold very quickly in past years, so I think there's a good chance that booking on board will give us the best price even if its been a few months since release date.

Of course, that's assuming that a) DCL is going to Alaska in 2014 b)there will be a California coastal repositioning cruise c) The Magic/Wonder itineraries for 2014 will be out by Feb 2013. Fingers crossed!

You could do this if it will give you peace of mind but you'll be paying double the deposit amount. If it's worth it to you go for it. I have booked on land then re-shop it onboard many times. Sometimes I get a much better deal, other times I know before sailing that the price has already gone up so much that it's not worth trying to rebook it. It really depends on the sailing. The cruise that went up so much in price was a 3 nt cruise on the Dream, last Sept. Who would have thought that a 3nt cruise, mid Sept, peak hurricane season would have such demand 8 mos prior but it did.

When DCL opened bookings to Platinum and Gold Castaway Club members in advance, they opened them to Silver CC members at the same time as the general public. :(

When the spring 2012 Hawaii cruise was announced last year we (mere silvers) had to wait a couple of days for platinum and gold. I was afraid we weren't going to get on. They sold out shortly after we booked, which was the first day silvers and the general public could book.

Then DCL opened bookings for the fall 2012 Hawaii cruise to everyone, and suddenly there were lots of rooms available on both cruises.

DCL page is down...well at least on my computer. Could it be they are loading itineraries now???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts