Any reviews from Captian's Grille at the new MK location?

kly

Earning My Ears
I just booked lunch there....figure we might need a break from the heat and the menu looks good and different than other options in MK. Also, I see they sell cocktails :)

The last I knew, the moved Captain's Grill over to Ariel's in the Beach/Yacht Club Resort. CG is being refurbished so in the meantime, they're using a old bar/current conference space for reservations.

OMG! really. I'm glad I posted this question. Let me cancel then. lol
If you go to the Disney app and go to the MK map under dining, Captain Grille's comes up in the Ariel's Grotto area. I thought that was the temporary location. You can tell I haven't been to MK in a few years.
This must be a glitch with the app.
Would love if someone can take a look and tell me if they see the same thing. Thanks!

If you go to the Disney app and go to the MK map under dining, Captain Grille's comes up in the Ariel's Grotto area. I thought that was the temporary location. You can tell I haven't been to MK in a few years.
Would love if someone can take a look and tell me if they see the same thing. Thanks!

LOL! You are right! It shows in Ariels Grotto at the Magic Kingdom. :rotfl2:It's definitely at the Beach Club. They better fix that!

Well, in all fairness I *think* the bar is actually called Ariel's Grotto! I think there's going to be a lot of no-shows at CG for a while!!

I was looking forward to fish tacos for lunch and a drink! Anywhere else I can find that in MK?

Does anyone know how much longer Captain's Grille will be at Ariel's? We're going in October, and considering CG.
And no, I have no idea where you can get fish tacos. Peaches Bill? They have a Tex-Mex menu now.

Does anyone know how much longer Captain's Grille will be at Ariel's? We're going in October, and considering CG.
And no, I have no idea where you can get fish tacos. Peaches Bill? They have a Tex-Mex menu now.

I believe that Captain Grille is said to be at Ariel's through "late Fall 2017" whatever that means.
Pecks Bill has never had fish tacos

Tambu lounge over at the Poly has fish tacos. They sound like the ones that Kona used to have and those were very good. That would be an easy monorail or boat ride over to the Poly for a midday break, no ADR either!

Well, in all fairness I *think* the bar is actually called Ariel's Grotto! I think there's going to be a lot of no-shows at CG for a while!!

The restaurant is called "Ariel's" and it was a high-end seafood restaurant meant to be a "sister" to Yachtsman Steakhouse when BC/YC opened. A few years later, when The BoardWalk opened along with Flying Fish Cafe (another high-end seafood restaurant), Ariel's was closed as a restaurant and used as function space. Many weddings take place there, but until the fall, it is a temporary location for Captain's Grill while it is refurbished. It's never been called Ariel's Grotto and the adjacent bar is called "Martha's Vineyard Lounge." Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter