Any recent disneymooners?

Hope you have a fabulous time! WE are staying at Coronado Springs for 6 nights. We were able to save $400 though with the free dining offer than came out. Went from paying 2300 to 1900. Very excited for that! I am already done with school, but we are paying for the wedding ourselves, plus looking to buy a house within a year as well, so I know what you mean about trying to save money.

Yay! :banana: So excited! We are planning to split meals since I got that fabulous idea from one of the other ladies on the board.

I'm hoping some room-only discounts come out for July soon! :crossfingers:

And we plan on spending one whole day in and around the Poly just lounging and ... other stuff ;-) so that we can fully enjoy it. :cloud9:
Can't afford a Disney Wedding; but I'd rather splurge on a Disneymoon, deciding between the two.

Yay! :banana: So excited! We are planning to split meals since I got that fabulous idea from one of the other ladies on the board.

I'm hoping some room-only discounts come out for July soon! :crossfingers:

And we plan on spending one whole day in and around the Poly just lounging and ... other stuff ;-) so that we can fully enjoy it. :cloud9:
Can't afford a Disney Wedding; but I'd rather splurge on a Disneymoon, deciding between the two.

Hope you get some discounts. If one doesn't come out, try looking into AAA. They always offer a room discount. If they didn't offer free dining we would have gotten a 30 percent room discount.

We are going on our Disneymoon in Sept also! Sept 17-23rd! We are staying at Poly. I can't wait to go!

I read the same thing you did about not having very many Just Married Buttons left and now they say Happily Ever After--well I really wanted the Just Married ones, so I went on Ebay and got a couple! I think they were like 6 dollars (which I know they are free at disney but that wasn't too bad I didn't think) and I got free shipping on them. So if you really want the Just Married Buttons, that's an option you could do!

We are doing Free dining also! Looking forward to all the good food!

Have fun!!! :goodvibes

We are going on our Disneymoon in Sept also! Sept 17-23rd! We are staying at Poly. I can't wait to go!

I read the same thing you did about not having very many Just Married Buttons left and now they say Happily Ever After--well I really wanted the Just Married ones, so I went on Ebay and got a couple! I think they were like 6 dollars (which I know they are free at disney but that wasn't too bad I didn't think) and I got free shipping on them. So if you really want the Just Married Buttons, that's an option you could do!

We are doing Free dining also! Looking forward to all the good food!

Have fun!!! :goodvibes

I think I am going to wait until it gets closer to Sept. to see if they release a new type of pin or if people are still able to get those ones. But it is good to know there are other options. I was so excited when we got to book with free dining. We were going to get it no matter what (the dining plan) because we didn't want to worry about paying for meals once we got there. But it is even better now that it's free! :woohoo:

We got married 12/31/10 but because Hubby broke his leg 2 weeks before the wedding we had to cancel our honeymoon plans. After a long year of saving (again!) we are FINALLY going on our Disneymoon in a week! We are both so very excited! We will be there 3/25-30.

We ordered our bridal Ears and "Just Married" buttons (I really wanted those and not the "HEAfter" ones currently out). We got a fantastic deal through Costco Travel and will be staying at the Renaissance Orlando Sea World.

Happy Disneymoon Everyone! :goodvibes

We got married 12/31/10 but because Hubby broke his leg 2 weeks before the wedding we had to cancel our honeymoon plans. After a long year of saving (again!) we are FINALLY going on our Disneymoon in a week! We are both so very excited! We will be there 3/25-30.

We ordered our bridal Ears and "Just Married" buttons (I really wanted those and not the "HEAfter" ones currently out). We got a fantastic deal through Costco Travel and will be staying at the Renaissance Orlando Sea World.

Happy Disneymoon Everyone! :goodvibes

Aww the poor thing!!! So glad you actually get to go on our Disneymoon though :) I am so tempted to get some just married pins, even if I have to pay a little for them. I would love to hear how everything was when you get back!! have an absolutely amazing time!!! :cloud9:

My DH and I got back from our Disneymoon a week ago. And it was amazing!!!!

Disney really knows how to make you feel like you're the only ones there (even though we saw a number of other couples wearing their ears).

We jetted down to WDW immediately after our wedding (in our wedding clothes!) and were clapped for by a random group of people outside our hotel (POFQ) as we got off of the Magical Express bus.

Among the things we were treated to that week:

- King-size and water-view upgrade
- Just Married buttons from The Brown Derby, they said it was their last two and we wore them for the rest of our stay!
- Free champagne or desert with literally just about every meal
- A mini photo shoot in front of the Castle thanks to two great photopass photographers
-LOTS of Congratulations!

Overall it was such a magical trip and we would happily recommend a WDW honeymoon!

Hope you all enjoy yours just as much!

We had our DFTW with 2 week Disneymoon in February. I would say that not expecting anything is a good plan because it is very hit or miss. Did we get some extra pixie dust...yes, but I wouldn't count on it.

Places we got extra pixie dust included Crystal Palace (cup cakes), The Yachtsman (congratulatory menus and candies) and a private ride on TOT. We got a LOT of congratulations from CM's.

As for the just married buttons...we managed to get 2 at the gift shop at Wilderness Lodge. They had quite a few there but I did post this on the DISbrides FB group so they'll probably be snapped up by the time you get there. Don't give up on them, there are still some floating around in shops and stuff you just have to keep trying!

My DH and I got back from our Disneymoon a week ago. And it was amazing!!!!

Disney really knows how to make you feel like you're the only ones there (even though we saw a number of other couples wearing their ears).

We jetted down to WDW immediately after our wedding (in our wedding clothes!) and were clapped for by a random group of people outside our hotel (POFQ) as we got off of the Magical Express bus.

Among the things we were treated to that week:

- King-size and water-view upgrade
- Just Married buttons from The Brown Derby, they said it was their last two and we wore them for the rest of our stay!
- Free champagne or desert with literally just about every meal
- A mini photo shoot in front of the Castle thanks to two great photopass photographers
-LOTS of Congratulations!

Overall it was such a magical trip and we would happily recommend a WDW honeymoon!

Hope you all enjoy yours just as much!
That sounds great :) Glad you had an amazing time. Nice to see some people are still getting those little added touches. It probably seems to the staff there that everyone is always celebrating something, so to be made to feel special must of felt amazing.

Thanks Julie521 =)
You're so welcome.

We had our DFTW with 2 week Disneymoon in February. I would say that not expecting anything is a good plan because it is very hit or miss. Did we get some extra pixie dust...yes, but I wouldn't count on it.

Places we got extra pixie dust included Crystal Palace (cup cakes), The Yachtsman (congratulatory menus and candies) and a private ride on TOT. We got a LOT of congratulations from CM's.

As for the just married buttons...we managed to get 2 at the gift shop at Wilderness Lodge. They had quite a few there but I did post this on the DISbrides FB group so they'll probably be snapped up by the time you get there. Don't give up on them, there are still some floating around in shops and stuff you just have to keep trying!
Yeah, I do not want to go into it expecting anything. But it is nice to see some people are getting those little extras that make you feel good <3

Welcome! I always dreamed I'd get married at WDW when I was little, too. :cheer2::cheer2: Except I wanted to get married in the castle and I don't have that kind of budget. :dance3:

Welcome! I always dreamed I'd get married at WDW when I was little, too. :cheer2::cheer2: Except I wanted to get married in the castle and I don't have that kind of budget. :dance3:

Oh i wish i was getting married at Disney!! That would be amazing, but just the honeymoon there I can deal with too! Can't wait.

We are going in September for our disneymoon too! :lovestruc We will be there Sept 17-22, and then we are going on a cruise for the second week.

We are going in September for our disneymoon too! :lovestruc We will be there Sept 17-22, and then we are going on a cruise for the second week.

2 weeks? LUCKY! Wish we could have made ours longer. But I will take the one week away from work, bills, stress, ect. ect.! Hope you have a fabulous time.:lovestruc

I'm not going to know what to do with myself...I've never had a two week vacation before!

We booked with free dining, and I was able to make our reservations last week. We booked dinner at Jiko's for our first night there, I've always wanted to go there!

I'm not going to know what to do with myself...I've never had a two week vacation before!

We booked with free dining, and I was able to make our reservations last week. We booked dinner at Jiko's for our first night there, I've always wanted to go there!

LOL Fiance and I have never gone on a real vaca together, so i kind of know what you mean. We have gone on weekend getaways, but nothing week long. We got to book with free dining as well. Hope you have a great time, and a great dinner!

Congrats to you all! We will be in WDW for our honeymoon June 2-10, I'll post our experience when we get back...can't wait!! :yay:

We will be on our Disneymoon from May 6th to May 16th, 11 days! :love: We are staying at Boardwalk with Deluxe Dining. popcorn:: I can't wait! I will report back when we get home :)

Congrats to you all! We will be in WDW for our honeymoon June 2-10, I'll post our experience when we get back...can't wait!! :yay:
YAY! Can't wait to hear, hope you have an amazing time. June 10th is my wedding day :)

We will be on our Disneymoon from May 6th to May 16th, 11 days! :love: We are staying at Boardwalk with Deluxe Dining. popcorn:: I can't wait! I will report back when we get home :)

SOOO SOON! That is so exciting. Hope you have a fabulous time. We contemplated the deluxe plan but I think it would have just been too much for us.

SOOO SOON! That is so exciting. Hope you have a fabulous time. We contemplated the deluxe plan but I think it would have just been too much for us.

Yes, very soon! We are in the final stretch :cool1: The deluxe just works for us, we want to be 100% prepaid with just tip and souvenirs. Most likely I will come back 5 lbs heavier, but atleast I fit into my wedding dress before the honeymoon! haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter