Any peeps about restaurants coming back?

No they don’t.

No, they do. They run full versions of their Bourne show, their Horror and Makeup show, and their Pets show in the studios, along with their "streetmosphere" shows of Marilyn Monroe, the Blues Brothers, and 3 Harry Potter shows (Ollivander's, a singer, and the tales of beetle bard) in the Studios. And in IOA, they run their regular Dr Seuss show as well as their "streetmosphere" shows of 3 Harry Potter shots (Ollivander's, a choir, and the triwizard rally). And they have streetmosphere floats (Pets 2 and Dora currently cycle a lot) and characters everywhere (I met the raptor, and had pics with Wolverine and Cyclops, and Scooby and the gang, and the Simpsons, etc)...

They have more than Disney in 2 parks vs 4...

They have more than Disney in 2 parks vs 4...
Again, no. Disney has the frozen sing a long and Disney junior in the studios, the lion king and bird show in AK, and acts playing at the American Gardens theater and the red mill in Epcot. Plus the Dapper Dans in MK and cavalcades in all four parks. And if you’re going to count Ollivander’s as a show, then you should count Savi’s on the Disney side. Then if you add all the film and animatronic shows, which Universal has almost none of, Disney has many more shows open.

Again, no. Disney has the frozen sing a long and Disney junior in the studios, the lion king and bird show in AK, and acts playing at the American Gardens theater and the red mill in Epcot. Plus the Dapper Dans in MK and cavalcades in all four parks. And if you’re going to count Ollivander’s as a show, then you should count Savi’s on the Disney side. Then if you add all the film and animatronic shows, which Universal has almost none of, Disney has many more shows open.

Film and animatronic are not shows...that's like saying simulator rides or Shrek 4d are shows.

And if you count above:
DHS - 3 (b/c I'll count Savi's, even though I think you have to spend whereas Ollivanders does not require that)
AK - 2
EPCOT - 2 (if you count these as shows, Bluebrothers and Marilyn are shows b/c they are the same 10-15 minute singing/dancing outdoor events)
MK - 1 and cavalcades.
Total 8

US - 8 and cavalcades
IOA - 4 and cavalcades
Total 12

And both with Calvacades in all parks and characters everywhere (or at least Universal has them everywhere - I assume Disney must have some character meets back, and if they don't...damn)...

...and the biggest difference between Disney and Universal restaurants in the park are you don't need to make a reservation for the park at Universal before you make one for the resturant as you do for Disney. Let's not forget that one

...and the biggest difference between Disney and Universal restaurants in the park are you don't need to make a reservation for the park at Universal before you make one for the resturant as you do for Disney. Let's not forget that one

You don't need a park reservation to be able to make an ADR.

You don't need a park reservation to be able to make an ADR.
Technically you don’t, but you run the risk of getting the ADR and then not being able to get into the park to dine, if your ADR is prior to the 2pm hop. So it makes more sense to do the park reservation first, especially since you can do those farther out than ADRs also. But if you are booking a meal after 2pm, it’s not as big of a deal, although I would still look at the calendar to make sure there was availability at A park, since you could be locked out of all four around holidays.

Personally I wish they would dump the park passes altogether . . .

Not to the same level as Disney. When they reopened most of their shows and restaurants reopened too. Disney kept most of the shows closed and half the restaurants for a year. Employees could wait a few months, but that long without a job and most of them probably applied in other places (maybe even Universal) or moved somewhere else.
Problem with Disney’s shows reopening is a lot of the actors are in the actors equity union.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter