Any others with 5 year olds, are you using a stroller @ DL?

We have a Pliko that has been in storage for 3 years. The reasons you have listed above are all of the reasons we are are thinking of dusting it off and bringing it. HOWEVER ... it is a pretty expensive stroller to get stolen or lost, so we are still kicking the idea around. pirate:

The first time we went to DL with a stroller was in 2003 when DD was just 1 y/o. Her stroller at the time was a really nice (and expensive) Peg Perego Atlantico and I worried just like you that it might be stolen. Everything turned out fine, we parked it many times and it was always untouched...except for the CM's who sometimes rearrange the strollers.

Now we have a Mountain Buggy Urban stroller, it was quite a bit more $$ than the Peg Perego and I never worry about it being taken when we park it at DL.

I say bring the Pliko, you'll be really glad you brought your own, nice buggy! I have seen tons of Plikos and P3's there so you'll be in good company.

:) Jen:)

You made me laugh hysterically. My husband is also extremely irresponsible with our stroller and hits people regularly. His claim is that it's payback for all the people who regularly hit us with theirs during the 13 years we were married without children.

I'm so sorry to hear that a theft happened (extremely glad you got blankie into the party) - think they feel more comfortable with the Disney ones since there are so many of them? I am sloppy about leaving things in the stroller sometimes that I shouldn't - including sometimes my credit cards. They're out of site, but still. I'm amazed that we've never had a problem and even the airlines have all said they liked our stroller - with the exception of United but that was a bad flight and the staff complained about everything, I'm saying fluke.

If you're going to bring your stroller and you have a napper - try seeing if you can practice naps in it before you leave. THAT alone has saved us some serious aggravation and headaches since I sometimes rely on nap-drives in my car to get ours to sleep. A good stroller is worth the money! And if you get a sturdy one, if your kids want to walk, it can even carry luggage and/or carseats!

Our Maclaren stroller was a blessing! Our daughter is 6, but gets tired so easily and fell asleep in it every night on the walk back to the hotel. Just watch what you leave in the stroller, some lame-o stole our kettle corn while we were on a ride, I guess they needed it more then we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter