Any news on free dining going into October 2013?

We were thinking about going back this Christmas and BAM!!! What did I see in the mail today but a pin code. I think I got the same one that someone else earlier in the thread was talking about. I saw that someone was asking if you needed to have been to Disney before it get a code. I think for the most part you don't have to but this one I got specifically said in the advertisement that "Since you have been here before we wanted to make it easier for you to come back and see us again". Good luck to all in getting a code for your trips.

:banana::banana::banana:

PINs are a string of 15 digits that are mailed to specific guests for a specific booking timeframe. They are nontransferable. There is no known pattern as to who gets them and who doesn't. It is random as far as anyone knows. The only thing required to be eligible to receive one is having a Disney account. If you have that, you have just as much of a chance as anyone. :goodvibes

What I'm wondering is if the length of time which you've HAD a Disney account has any bearing. I didn't have an account (that I was aware of) until about a week ago. Turns out I had some old accounts, which the Disney agent removed for me. She said it's better to have just one account, as far as hopefully being sent a pin code, which makes sense.

I look everyday for a pin code but never get one. Does Disney World ever offer the pin code offers to the general public? I very much want free dining for the October dates. I have been looking at different sites about releasing to the general public and some say they do most of the time and some say they never do. I am getting desperate.

KathieSmallwood said:
I look everyday for a pin code but never get one. Does Disney World ever offer the pin code offers to the general public? I very much want free dining for the October dates. I have been looking at different sites about releasing to the general public and some say they do most of the time and some say they never do. I am getting desperate.

I'd say about 75% of the time the pin codes eventually open up to general public. They've done FD to GP the last 5 years that time of year . I think the odds are in your favor.

Hi all, looking for some clarification on possible October FD.

Our first cruise and WDW is already booked for late October. Post-cruise, we check in 10/31 and are staying just 3 nights at a WDW property. Would we qualify for free dining if offered on that date, or is our on-property stay too short?

Do I need to be on my TA about possible FD, or will she get wind of it and automatically nab it for me?

Greatly appreciate all you Dis experts tolerating questions from us novices who live in the middle of cornfields. :)

Newbie here! My first post so forgive me if it's a little rough. We are planning a trip, arriving 10/19 and staying 4 nights. For those who have received a pin for free dining, was there a minimum stay involved? We are willing to add a night for free dining. Thanks!! :wave2:

Hi all, looking for some clarification on possible October FD.

Our first cruise and WDW is already booked for late October. Post-cruise, we check in 10/31 and are staying just 3 nights at a WDW property. Would we qualify for free dining if offered on that date, or is our on-property stay too short?

Do I need to be on my TA about possible FD, or will she get wind of it and automatically nab it for me?

Greatly appreciate all you Dis experts tolerating questions from us novices who live in the middle of cornfields. :)

Newbie here! My first post so forgive me if it's a little rough. We are planning a trip, arriving 10/19 and staying 4 nights. For those who have received a pin for free dining, was there a minimum stay involved? We are willing to add a night for free dining. Thanks!! :wave2:

To answer your questions, I just tried booking a trip using the PIN code I have. It appears that the minimum stay is THREE NIGHTS. When I put in TWO nights, it just rejected my date. When I put in THREE, it allowed it. You also have to buy a minimum TWO day park ticket along with the THREE nights stay. This is usually the same minimum they use with the General Public free dining. (It used to be a one-day ticket.)

For KerriM, as far as whether your TA will do it automatically if it happens, that's depends how good your TA is. Not all TAs are the same. If it was me, I would call your TA and talk to her about it. If you arrive on 10/31, you should be OK to get free dining for the 3 days. (I don't know about if you have a land/sea package booked, you might not be able to get FD if there is a discount built into that, I simply don't know that.)

I received a mailing from Disney this afternoon with a pin for free dining during our dates in October! So excited, the minimum is 5 day/5 night MYW so we'll be adding a day and night to our trip. No complaints on that here!!

I received a mailing from Disney this afternoon with a pin for free dining during our dates in October! So excited, the minimum is 5 day/5 night MYW so we'll be adding a day and night to our trip. No complaints on that here!!
Congrats! When you do add it, make sure to ask about the actual minimum stay. The marketing materials tend to make it seem like it's a 5 night minimum, when it's really just using 5 nights as an example of the pricing.

(It looks like that week in Oct is a good time to go ;))

dd2db77573a86c3f6211efc1150f7e5f_zps1c1d8733.jpg
"

We too received a pin number in the mail last week. Excitedly, I called my AAA travel agent who we always book our Disney vacations from and told her. She called me back and said that for the day we're arriving (9/28) and the hotel we're staying at (Contemporary) they were sold out of the free dining packages. :confused3 we were really hoping to have the dining plan free again this trip but unless something changes it looks like we're paying full freight. :sad2::sad2::sad2:

When I booked my trip last night for the free dining in September, the agent said the minimum was 3 nights.

When I googled 'Disney Destinations' this is the website I was given: the official 'go Disney website' Is that correct?

I meet all the qualifications to HOPEFULLY receive free dining for our trip planned in October: 5 days/5 days. BUT by 'Disney account' what do you mean: credit card, etc.??? I have been to Disney four times, don't know if there was an 'account' set up for me (booked last trip through Small World Vacations). I have stayed on Disney property once.

When I googled 'Disney Destinations' this is the website I was given: the official 'go Disney website' Is that correct?

I meet all the qualifications to HOPEFULLY receive free dining for our trip planned in October: 5 days/5 days. BUT by 'Disney account' what do you mean: credit card, etc.??? I have been to Disney four times, don't know if there was an 'account' set up for me (booked last trip through Small World Vacations). I have stayed on Disney property once.

A Disney account just means that they have your name/contact info in their family of websites (he Disney travel site, Disney Store, ABC, ESPN, etc.). Since you have been before, you should already in their system, but go to the website and try to log in. If it doesn't recognize you, sign up for an account.

Great, thanks. I think I'm 'IN' then:cool1:! I am registered for the 'Disneyworld.disney.go.com' website. I have a 'profile'!

Is there anymore I can do to assure a free dining offer:scratchin?????

Great, thanks. I think I'm 'IN' then:cool1:! I am registered for the 'Disneyworld.disney.go.com' website. I have a 'profile'!

Is there anymore I can do to assure a free dining offer:scratchin?????
Thanks for all the good info here people.
Our vacation is from October 17th-24th and I have not recieved a pin for the free dining plan. My mother-in-law, who is going with us from the 17th-19th did recieve one, but Disney would not let her pay for us and get the free plan, so we have to wait till it goes to the general public. Even still, if it goes public I will have to split the vacation into 2 so that the "second" vacation starts on the 18th. Still worth it though for my wife, myself, and 5 girls!
Let's cross our fingers that it will be anounced in the next couple weeks, perhaps July 1st.

I would push the issue. I had a co-worker and my sister each get one and when I tried to redeem it for our trip they said they had to be travelling with us. So I would call and try to redeem it for yourself and then when they ask you if they will be travelling with you say yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts