Any News if Disney will be offering free dining

There is no such thing as a free lunch.
:thumbsup2

The whole "free dining" thing is just a business strategy to get more people to stay on Disney property during slower times.

Slightly off topic, but I really don't get the people who say that they can't afford a Disney vacation at all unless they get the free dining. My DH and I have been to Disney several years on a very small budget. There are so many nice off property hotels that are half the cost of Disney hotels or even less. That alone can save a family a lot of money. I'd rather stay off property on my Disney vacation, than risk not going to Disney at all because I couldn't afford a Disney hotel.

For us it's not that we can't afford it yes it took a year to save even with out the free dinning it's payed for some kind of discount would be nice as of now we have none but I know we have to be patient . This is our first time and most likely only time for disney. we only take a family vacation every few years (always diffrant)usually camping and I always cook I have never been on a vacation that I have been able to just eat and enjoy at a nice hotel for more then a weekend so to our family the pb&j thing and stay at off site would be great for others but this is a ones in a life time ( I'm 40) and never been) so I want to do it up the best we can .

deadheadmamma4 said:
For us it's not that we can't afford it yes it took a year to save even with out the free dinning it's payed for some kind of discount would be nice as of now we have none but I know we have to be patient . This is our first time and most likely only time for disney. we only take a family vacation every few years (always diffrant)usually camping and I always cook I have never been on a vacation that I have been able to just eat and enjoy at a nice hotel for more then a weekend so to our family the pb&j thing and stay at off site would be great for others but this is a ones in a life time ( I'm 40) and never been) so I want to do it up the best we can .

I hope a new discount comes out for you.

If you are going in September you can stay at Shades of Green and also buy your discounted park tickets there. In the months of January and September all veterans with an honorable discharge can take advantage of this offer. You just need to bring a copy of your DD214 with you! Very nice resort also!

Discounted park tickets too??? :worship: Do I need to call? I have never seen that before and I thought I read everything on shades of Green. Can you put the DDP on not free? One more question. What if our reservation runs into October?

Discounted park tickets too??? :worship: Do I need to call? I have never seen that before and I thought I read everything on shades of Green. Can you put the DDP on not free? One more question. What if our reservation runs into October?

You cannot use the DDP if staying at SOG. It's only for WDW hotel stays. I'm not sure how it would work with your ressie running into October. Just call and ask or go on line and do a price quote under the September special for all vets! Also, the tickets are priced as WDW but you do not pay the tax. That's where the discount comes in!

Hope this was helpful! Good luck!!

I'm booked at SOG for September but if Disney decides to come out with free dining I am definitely switching! It took me forever to convince DH to go because of financial reasons but with the good deal at SOG he was swayed!!! If free dining comes out I know he will go for that one!!

Us too. I am hoping to still be able to buy some park tickets at SOG. We have a 3 yr old and I heard SOG is no good for kids. I am really hoping for FD so we can stay somewhere fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter