Any new family hotels?

Disney has always been a business. What's under discussion is how they run that business.

I think what YoHo means is they weren't always run like so many other businesses. That's what made them into so much more than those other businesses, many of which not only didn't become cultural icons, but fell by the wayside completely.

There is no disputing that Disney has had some decline in services. But to hear some on here, it is like Disney is a dump and offer no quality or substance. Simply not true, Disney is still the best thing going and THEY know it.

Businesses as a whole, all across America have had a decline. Walmart, once known for their outstanding customer service is pathetic. Service with a smile is pretty much done. Look at the dress codes in established businesses now, pretty much anything goes. Disney is still the best, better than all the rest, and their attendance figures bear that out.

I responded even though I am just a lowly newcomer with the same tired excuses, instead of a veteran with the same tired complaints.;)

FYI, Disney is not "Just a business" If Disney were "Just a business" then it would never have had the cultural relevance it has.
:lmao: I hope the stock holders are aware that it is not a business...:rotfl2:
my sides are hurting!!

iamalittlegoofy said:
If only Disney would read these boards and have all their issues settled by the EXPERTS.
Aint that the truth!!:thumbsup2 10 minutes on Disboards, and they would really know how to Disney!! LOL

This site is just to funny!!

We are an upper income family who enjoys staying at Disney's value resorts.

We travel several times a year for pleasure and to me most
of Disney's deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel.

I can stay in luxury resorts all over the WORLD!

When I visit Disney I don't want my resort to look like I am staying in another part of the world , our country, or the beach. I want to reminded I am in Disney.

Where else can I find huge Disney Icons?

The only place I have found them is Disney's value resorts.

They are very whimsical to me.
I love watching the smiles on the little ones faces when they see their favorite characters (the icons) larger than life.

I feel that Disney's value resorts are a total bargain. We get so many perks (Disney themeing, A themed pool, quiet pool , kiddie pool, gift shop, & food court at the resort , Disney transportation, and EMH)
Any of Disney's resort guests (even those staying at a value or mod) are allowed to shop, relax in the lobbies, dine, rent boats or surrey bikes, use the transportation or use the spa facilities at any of the Disney Resorts. (Of course pool hopping is not allowed.)

When I stay at a Disney value resort I feel like I have just stepped into a Disney Movie Fantasyland!

When we pull up to All Stars and I see those giant icons I get the biggest smile on my face. I know I am at Disney!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney does charge a premium price for their Deluxe resorts.
Deluxe guests are paying for location and amenities not for stellar customer service.
Many guests are disappointed because they think the GF is a 5 star hotel.
They expect the service of a 5 star and are disappointed when their expectations are not met.
It is in no way near a 5 star hotel even though it costs as much as many 5 star hotels.
The GF is rated 4 diamonds by AAA but most sites rate it as 3 and a half.
The Poly and CR are usually considered 3 star hotels.

BTW
I also save enough money to go on a few more vacations during the year by staying at a value.

There is no disputing that Disney has had some decline in services. But to hear some on here, it is like Disney is a dump and offer no quality or substance.

Its hyperbole. If you take it literaly you'll miss some valid points, and that goes for both sides of the discussion.

I'm going to have to try some of those $8.00 chicken strips. They're on every thread in this Rumors and News section. I don't want to feel left out. :cool2:

I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this useless thread... I mean seriously, someone is a bit obsessed with the whole conspiracy theory and rather ticked off mommy and daddy didn't hug him enough or something. I mean seriously why would you come onto a discussion board of people who love disney and trash the company? Grow up, your not the school bully anymore, get a life. I mean dang, thats like going to a Red Sox forum and cheering for the Yankees... why?

If you don't like it, go to Universal Studios... you have options. Maybe they will have better chicken nuggets and hamburgers... :sad2:

I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this useless thread... I mean seriously, someone is a bit obsessed with the whole conspiracy theory and rather ticked off mommy and daddy didn't hug him enough or something. I mean seriously why would you come onto a discussion board of people who love disney and trash the company? Grow up, your not the school bully anymore, get a life. I mean dang, thats like going to a Red Sox forum and cheering for the Yankees... why?

If you don't like it, go to Universal Studios... you have options. Maybe they will have better chicken nuggets and hamburgers... :sad2:

Oh No you didn't.......

You best prepare yourself for the storm. :rotfl2:

I'm going to have to try some of those $8.00 chicken strips. They're on every thread in this Rumors and News section. I don't want to feel left out. :cool2:

The chicken nugget argument is ridiculous anyway. I just went on and checked the current price in the Magic Kingdom for a Nugget meal and its $6.69 for nuggets and fries. The kid’s version is $3.99 and that one includes a drink. I'll have to check next time I go by a McDonalds, but I think that 3 piece chicken selects and a medium fry probably costs at least $5+ dollars. All things considered I don't think that that is an unreasonable price.

FYI: The adult chicken strip baskets had 4/basket . Disney yanked one and never reduced the price. A way for creating a 25% mark up for something over priced to begin with. It's used as an example of the decreasing n the value of WDW. It seems crazy but its really the symptom of a deeper disease.

So there IS apoint to all the crazy chicken strips/nuggets threads.

FYI: The adult chicken strip baskets had 4/basket . Disney yanked one and never reduced the price. A way for creating a 25% mark up for something over priced to begin with. It's used as an example of the decreasing n the value of WDW. It seems crazy but its really the symptom of a deeper disease.

So there IS apoint to all the crazy chicken strips/nuggets threads.

When I started going to WDW in the 70's and 80's I would have agreed that the prices were way out of line.

The choices were very limited and Disney did not offer many meals that young children would eat. The pizza served in the parks tasted like cardboard. We searched all over to find a good burger that our children would eat. We finally found some good burgers on the first floor of the CR and I can tell you for a fact those burgers were very pricey.

Disney does charge a little more for a lot of their counter food than a fast food place, but I feel they have many more choices than in the past and the food at their parks is much more affordable than the food that is offered at other theme parks I have visited.

JMHO

MotherofLandon, first, welcome to the boards.

Are you referring to anybody in particular, or is this being thrown out to all who have voiced any criticism?

...would it shock you to find out that Disney pays people to troll boards like these and argue with people who say not so nice things and then praise Disney for every decisions they make?

Hummm

I would think that there are enough Disney fans on these boards to defend Disney's "good name" . I personaly think that Disney would not have to pay people to troll the boards.

I did see a brief newcast that stated some of the execs and employee's do occasionally read the Disney message boards.

The newcast did not make any mention of people being paid by Disney "to troll boards like these and argue with people who say not so nice things and then praise Disney for every decisions they make".

JMHO

Personally, I only stay at resorts built by imagineers, not Accountineers, but that's being snarky.

Also, is there a good reason why every 6 months, we get a new set of DISers who apparently haven't read this board before and insist on making the same tired excuses?

FYI, Disney is not "Just a business" If Disney were "Just a business" then it would never have had the cultural relevance it has.

I love reading some of yours and Euro's posts because while they might appear to snarky to some, it shows you you two actually care about Disney and what they provide for service. The bolded part of your post is very truthful and packed with common sense, that some don't want to hear. When you look at a resort like AKL or WL, you can see the imagination that must have took place in order to design it, not so with the values. When I look at the values I imagine a bunch of bean counters sitting around a boardroom with Micheal Eisner trying to figure out how to pack more people into cheaper rooms, without spending big bucks to build it. The values aren't themed, they're decorated and take away the giant icons and few Disney decorations, and you have a chain motel that can be found anywhere. You can't say that about AKL or a few other Disney deluxe resorts. I wouldn't pay more than 45 to 50 dollars a night to stay in one. I got a quote from the CRO one time for $109.00 a night and I laughed at the ridiculous notion of it. I had a email offer to stay in the "Ritz Carlton/JW Marriott" property 3 miles down the road for $174. I would have felt like an idiot to pay 109 a night for Pop when the Ritz was only 65 dollars more a night and true 4 to 5 star resort.

I understand why some of you get heated over this and I appreciate it as a fellow Disney fan. The passion of some Disney fans are similar to Harley and die hard Corvette owners in some ways. They have a large base of fans that have a passion for the product, the product is a huge part of American culture, and the fans are critical of changes that don't benefit the product or the company that produces it. That's a good thing and if Disney is smart enough they will listen to it and take it in to consideration. Not everything is wine and roses at WDW and some directions the company takes worries me at times. Look no further than the Year of a Million dreams and the cheap looking banners that hang everywhere. It looks like it was done quickly and almost as a after thought. I appreciate Disney giving extra perks for their guests, but they should do this all the time without the cheap looking promotion. Families spend some big, major bucks to go to WDW and that can't be dismissed and they deserve things done correctly and not on the cheap. I want WDW and Disneyland to be around for generations to come and not be a shell of their former glory, but to be at the top of their game and unique. That's why I understand the snow globe and chicken strips references.

My my my.....
AKL $215 a night
RITZ $209 a night
POP $82 a night
The prices above are all for the same night! You can't take a price quote from a specific time period and then compare that quote to a quote that arrived in your email for a sale at the Ritz!!

You get what you pay for. You want it to scream Disney and imagineers you will pay for it. If you want to be at Disney, have some Disney flavor, and not spend a fortune...Disney has offered the Value resorts. What sense would it make for Disney to offer value resorts at value rates but have the same Disney feel as deluxe accommodations? Common sense. But what do I know, I still live with mom!!:lmao:

Disney is still the best thing going and THEY know it.

This is precisely the point. They know they can reduce the quality of their services and still be the best so...they do it. It gives them a pretty little data point on a quarterly report. The problem some of us have is this: Disney has become a company that in the name of balance sheets looks for ways to get away with offering less. They used to - knowing they were far and away the 'best thing going' - look for ways to get even better. This attitude shift is what causes us distress, because at its logical conclusion you get a Disney that is "just as good as anyone else". And that my friend, would be a crying shame.

I love reading some of yours and Euro's posts because while they might appear to snarky to some, it shows you you two actually care about Disney and what they provide for service. The bolded part of your post is very truthful and packed with common sense, that some don't want to hear. When you look at a resort like AKL or WL, you can see the imagination that must have took place in order to design it, not so with the values. When I look at the values I imagine a bunch of bean counters sitting around a boardroom with Micheal Eisner trying to figure out how to pack more people into cheaper rooms, without spending big bucks to build it. The values aren't themed, they're decorated and take away the giant icons and few Disney decorations, and you have a chain motel that can be found anywhere. You can't say that about AKL or a few other Disney deluxe resorts. I wouldn't pay more than 45 to 50 dollars a night to stay in one. I got a quote from the CRO one time for $109.00 a night and I laughed at the ridiculous notion of it. I had a email offer to stay in the "Ritz Carlton/JW Marriott" property 3 miles down the road for $174. I would have felt like an idiot to pay 109 a night for Pop when the Ritz was only 65 dollars more a night and true 4 to 5 star resort.

I understand why some of you get heated over this and I appreciate it as a fellow Disney fan. The passion of some Disney fans are similar to Harley and die hard Corvette owners in some ways. They have a large base of fans that have a passion for the product, the product is a huge part of American culture, and the fans are critical of changes that don't benefit the product or the company that produces it. That's a good thing and if Disney is smart enough they will listen to it and take it in to consideration. Not everything is wine and roses at WDW and some directions the company takes worries me at times. Look no further than the Year of a Million dreams and the cheap looking banners that hang everywhere. It looks like it was done quickly and almost as a after thought. I appreciate Disney giving extra perks for their guests, but they should do this all the time without the cheap looking promotion. Families spend some big, major bucks to go to WDW and that can't be dismissed and they deserve things done correctly and not on the cheap. I want WDW and Disneyland to be around for generations to come and not be a shell of their former glory, but to be at the top of their game and unique. That's why I understand the snow globe and chicken strips references.

Thanks for getting it. The real problem is that by the time 99% of the other Disney fans like us get it...the Disney we knew and loved will be long gone. I feel the writting my be on the wall already for the parks.

...and as far as some of the new ferns...I mean posters. It really hurts when you don't believe, understand or like what some of us have to say.

Thanks for getting it. The real problem is that by the time 99% of the other Disney fans like us get it

Darn it....I don't get it!!:mad: I must be a fool. So sorry that we/I do not get your perspective. I guess you are one of those "I am right and you are wrong posters":confused3

I should add, If I were a stock holder, I would be happy to hear that "bean counters" were involved in the resorts design phase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter