Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the pass holder line and they called me back and I purchased the passes through them. This was around February. We already had multiple trips booked and had tickets for everyone in the traveling party. Maybe I got lucky but I had no issue getting a pass for my wife, whose pass had expired around a year prior
[/QUOTE
We have the same issue. DD and I were able to renew our APs this past Jan (exp 9/20 but closure extended to Jan 21) but DH's had exp Sept 19. Tried asking a few different times and was shot down each time. Would love to be able to buy a new AP for him now, and apply the $ spent on the PH we bought for Aug 21 trip.

Did yours expire in December 2019? That is when mine expired, I might have to give them a call.

Yes, December 2019 and my son's expired March 2020.

I called the pass holder line and they called me back and I purchased the passes through them. This was around February. We already had multiple trips booked and had tickets for everyone in the traveling party. Maybe I got lucky but I had no issue getting a pass for my wife, whose pass had expired around a year prior

I have called multiple times and the answer is always no. I asked at Disney Springs when I renewed my son's pass and they said no as well. I have a trip in 2 weeks, I will definitely be asking again. It is ridiculous that they are making exceptions for some but not others.

Ours expired in late 2019 as well (and my brother in law's pass in Feb 2020). I contacted Disney multiple times and was told I do not qualify. Odd that some people have success while others do not.

That's really unfortunate that people haven't had luck :(. Hopefully with capacity raising they will bring them back soon.

If this question has already been answered, I apologize.

We are moving from Orange County, CA, to the Orlando area, and are really bummed that we cannot purchase new annual passes because of...well, you know...

Are there any rumors or actual information regarding when we will be allowed to purchase them again?
COVID is over, even biteme has taken off his mask. Get things back to normal and not the new normal. It was 95 degrees in Orland this week when I was there. Wearing a mask in that heat was unbearable.

Our passes expired end of February. I called in March to renew. Didn't get a callback and got worried. Called and wasn't on list, so they added me in April. Got the call today (about 20 days) to purchase passes.

The interesting part is they didn't renew them. Sure, that meant I didn't get the renewal price....but I was already getting the DVC price. They said they were "not doing renewals" right now.....they were doing "recoveries". So even though I paid about $120 more by not getting the renewal rate, it also means I got vouchers and my year doesn't start counting down until I enter my first park. It was worth the extra cost for that since my next planned trip isn't until August.

I'm curious though if they really aren't doing renewals, and for what reason. Or if it was just because I was so far past my 30 renewal window.

Our passes expired end of February. I called in March to renew. Didn't get a callback and got worried. Called and wasn't on list, so they added me in April. Got the call today (about 20 days) to purchase passes.

The interesting part is they didn't renew them. Sure, that meant I didn't get the renewal price....but I was already getting the DVC price. They said they were "not doing renewals" right now.....they were doing "recoveries". So even though I paid about $120 more by not getting the renewal rate, it also means I got vouchers and my year doesn't start counting down until I enter my first park. It was worth the extra cost for that since my next planned trip isn't until August.

I'm curious though if they really aren't doing renewals, and for what reason. Or if it was just because I was so far past my 30 renewal window.
We renewed our APs in March, about 10 days before they expired, and many other passholders have renewed in recent months too. You probably got a new one because, as you say, you were more than 30 days past expiration.

I’ve been reading this board everyday for check ins. Thank you all for updates!

Our passes expired July 2019 and then we were not renewing for the year because it was going to be our huge Disneyland trip which got cancelled because of COVID. We are new Florida residents and tried to call when we moved here - got a “no, there is nothing we can do”. We called a week and a half ago and we got a cast member who was helpful and put us on the recovery list for a call back!

My question is - are any of you on this recovery list and then get a call saying no? Also, is there questioning and decision making in this callback or is it just a decision call? We are patiently awaiting this call!!

My question is - are any of you on this recovery list and then get a call saying no? Also, is there questioning and decision making in this callback or is it just a decision call? We are patiently awaiting this call!!

When I submitted my request, I provided my old annual pass ticket numbers. About a week later I received an email stating I was not eligible for recovery. We have a DVC trip next month and a 3 week trip at the Fort in July (which we will cancel because I am not buying that many tickets in such a short time). Basically, I would need 3 different tickets for each person.....

COVID is over, even biteme has taken off his mask. Get things back to normal and not the new normal. It was 95 degrees in Orland this week when I was there. Wearing a mask in that heat was unbearable.
I wish Covid were over. India would disagree and considering I'm in Canada and currently under stay at home orders until at least June 2nd I would also disagree. I'll believe it's over once the border opens again and we no longer have to bother with a two week quarantine if we decide to visit the maritime provinces in our own country.

I asked the cast member this when I called in i initially to get on the recovery list and she said very few people are getting nos

Our DVC gold passes expired Nov 19 and we were intending on purchasing new ones for an April '20 trip which was of course cancelled. We rescheduled several times and have called and emailed with no luck. The last email said in part: "
At this time, new annual pass sales are temporarily paused, however, current Annual Passholders may still renew their pass within the renewal window surrounding their current expiration date.

Walt Disney World® has said that they will start to sell them again at a later date but have not specified as to when that will be.

We truly do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. "

I remain cautiously optimistic that they will eventually sell them again, hopefully before our planned Nov. trip.

Our DVC gold passes expired Nov 19 and we were intending on purchasing new ones for an April '20 trip which was of course cancelled. We rescheduled several times and have called and emailed with no luck. The last email said in part: "
At this time, new annual pass sales are temporarily paused, however, current Annual Passholders may still renew their pass within the renewal window surrounding their current expiration date.

Walt Disney World® has said that they will start to sell them again at a later date but have not specified as to when that will be.

We truly do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. "

I remain cautiously optimistic that they will eventually sell them again, hopefully before our planned Nov. trip.
Maybe I'm just an optimist but I'm hopeful the newest round of capacity increase gives them enough headroom to start selling APs again.

we were able to get ours via recovery but I don't want others to be left out!

When I got our APs I was told everybody in my travelling party could get APs even if theirs didn't expire during the closure. Mine and my children's had expired but my wife's had lapsed before the closure and we were able to get her one. Maybe it changed?
hmm they did the opposite to me. I was able to get mine back but not my daughter or granddaughter's because their's did not expire during their allowed time frame. I did ask, was told they did not qualify.

I wish Covid were over. India would disagree and considering I'm in Canada and currently under stay at home orders until at least June 2nd I would also disagree. I'll believe it's over once the border opens again and we no longer have to bother with a two week quarantine if we decide to visit the maritime provinces in our own country.
I agree. It's not over yet, but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hopeful for us Canadians. Vaccine roll out is in full swing.

If anyone Happens to know... since no annual passes avail, fla resident or otherwise.. if one purchased the fla 4 day can that be used as credit Towards an annual if they roll out before use? Or any option after first use? Such a waste for the four day when it’s an annual I’d prefer ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter