Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who qualifies to have their annual pass restored has the option of going to Disney springs guest relations and getting their passes straight away. Very fast and friendly service. Added bonus you don’t have to pay for parking the first time you go to the parks (you will be issued a completely new pass) because you already have your card.

Anybody who qualifies to have their annual pass restored has the option of going to Disney springs guest relations and getting their passes straight away. Very fast and friendly service. Added bonus you don’t have to pay for parking the first time you go to the parks (you will be issued a completely new pass) because you already have your card.
I wish we had the time or lived closer. We live an hour away and our ds hates the car

We had called 3 weeks ago to start a case and called again this morning. We had passes that expired August 2020. We originally took the refund for the closure and then cancelled them end of July and got the extra time refunded. We told them we were considering a trip in May but were only going to do that if we had APs—well we were able to purchase 3 Platinum passes today! Yay!

Okay, please let me stress I mean no disrespect to you. You are doing what you need to do and it is working for you, and I applaud that. But let me tell you a tale of two people who wanted APs:

Person 1 had APs, and then COVID hit. Person 1 said, "Hey Disney, you're closed. Give me my money back for the time you're closed." And Disney said YES! Then Person 1 said, "You know what Disney, we don't even want your APs anymore. Take them back and give us a refund for the time left on the tickets." And Disney said YES! Then Person 1 said "Hey, things are getting better. We'd like to come back to your parks in a couple of months, but we're not coming unless you sell us BRAND NEW APs (remember, Person 1 didn't actually own APs anymore)." And Disney said YES! Person 1's life is wonderful.

Person 2 lived far away from Disney and APs were not financially feasible, so Person 2 visited every year, sometimes twice a year, and bought tickets each time. Then Person 2's dreams came true and Person 2 got to move to the Orlando area. Person 2, with pixie dust in the eyes, called Disney and said, "Hey Disney, I just move here and I'm so excited to visit your parks a lot more often and I'd love to purchase APs!" (Imagine, at this point, Person 2 has the same look as when Ralphie told Santa that he wanted the BB gun in Christmas Story). Disney turns to Person 2 and says, "Are you crazy? We have a reservation system and if we sold you BRAND NEW APs the whole system would shut down." Person 2, looking stunned, says "But you just sold BRAND NEW APs to Person 1 a few minutes ago. Why not me?" Disney looks angry and mutters "Well, previous AP ownership or something, not enough reservations, too many AP holders here on weekends and holidays, COVID, that's why. But, would you like to buy a day ticket for this weekend or any other weekend this year? We're not limiting the purchase of day tickets." Person 2's life is shattered (okay, that's a little too dramatic, but you get the point).

Yes, folks, this is a true story.

First, I apologize if this has been asked before (it's hard to wade through all the posts). DH and I both let our passes expire after the parks reopened. We live in NJ and with travel restrictions (that we must adhere to because we are both teachers) and have not been able to book a trip (actually we've moved the same trip 4 times).

We purchased 10 day tickets from DVC, but would we be able to upgrade them when we arrive in Disney this summer? I saw some people were able to "reactivate" cancelled passes, but wasn't sure if this was the same with expired. Our 5yo has an AP since we renewed hers thinking we would actually get to go to Disney during the school year.

TYIA. And again apologies if this has been asked before.

First, I apologize if this has been asked before (it's hard to wade through all the posts). DH and I both let our passes expire after the parks reopened. We live in NJ and with travel restrictions (that we must adhere to because we are both teachers) and have not been able to book a trip (actually we've moved the same trip 4 times).

We purchased 10 day tickets from DVC, but would we be able to upgrade them when we arrive in Disney this summer? I saw some people were able to "reactivate" cancelled passes, but wasn't sure if this was the same with expired. Our 5yo has an AP since we renewed hers thinking we would actually get to go to Disney during the school year.

TYIA. And again apologies if this has been asked before.
The same question is asked in some form on every page of this thread, although the 10-day ticket could make it complicated. Just "wade through" the last dozen or so pages for a more complete answer. For a short answer, call Disney and explain your situation and they will review it. Disney will probably allow you to buy APs, but not at the discounted renewal rate, and I'm not sure if you can use the value of your 10-day towards the new AP.

Okay, please let me stress I mean no disrespect to you. You are doing what you need to do and it is working for you, and I applaud that. But let me tell you a tale of two people who wanted APs:

Person 1 had APs, and then COVID hit. Person 1 said, "Hey Disney, you're closed. Give me my money back for the time you're closed." And Disney said YES! Then Person 1 said, "You know what Disney, we don't even want your APs anymore. Take them back and give us a refund for the time left on the tickets." And Disney said YES! Then Person 1 said "Hey, things are getting better. We'd like to come back to your parks in a couple of months, but we're not coming unless you sell us BRAND NEW APs (remember, Person 1 didn't actually own APs anymore)." And Disney said YES! Person 1's life is wonderful.

Person 2 lived far away from Disney and APs were not financially feasible, so Person 2 visited every year, sometimes twice a year, and bought tickets each time. Then Person 2's dreams came true and Person 2 got to move to the Orlando area. Person 2, with pixie dust in the eyes, called Disney and said, "Hey Disney, I just move here and I'm so excited to visit your parks a lot more often and I'd love to purchase APs!" (Imagine, at this point, Person 2 has the same look as when Ralphie told Santa that he wanted the BB gun in Christmas Story). Disney turns to Person 2 and says, "Are you crazy? We have a reservation system and if we sold you BRAND NEW APs the whole system would shut down." Person 2, looking stunned, says "But you just sold BRAND NEW APs to Person 1 a few minutes ago. Why not me?" Disney looks angry and mutters "Well, previous AP ownership or something, not enough reservations, too many AP holders here on weekends and holidays, COVID, that's why. But, would you like to buy a day ticket for this weekend or any other weekend this year? We're not limiting the purchase of day tickets." Person 2's life is shattered (okay, that's a little too dramatic, but you get the point).

Ok...Im not sure what the point of that is. We called and asked if we would be able to repurchase an AP since we had heard they are selling them in some cases to people who had APs that were affected by closure. They said they would review our case and would call in about 2 weeks with an answer. We waited a bit longer, called and were told they were still reviewing, didn’t hear from them, called again to see our status. Told them we were thinking of a May trip but wanted to see if we would be able to get APs, CM transferred us, got a different person on the line who said no problem. I understand there is inconsistency between info CMs give and what they will do, but that’s not the consumers fault. If they had said no to us, then that would be fine and we would have abided by their decision.

If person 2 is upset, they should be upset at Disney and not person 1. I guess I’m confused...

The same question is asked in some form on every page of this thread, although the 10-day ticket could make it complicated. Just "wade through" the last dozen or so pages for a more complete answer. For a short answer, call Disney and explain your situation and they will review it. Disney will probably allow you to buy APs, but not at the discounted renewal rate, and I'm not sure if you can use the value of your 10-day towards the new AP.
Thank you so much. That was very helpful. 😃😃

We are in the EXACT same situation as @20minutesaway. Well, after moving all the way for the pacific northwest, we are now actually 22 minutes away if we get lucky with the traffic. However, I have never heard of someone having success unless they already had at least a previous AP. If anyone has first hand knowledge contrary to this and would like to share some additional information, a DM would be very appreciated.

The correct CM will be able to see the decade long history of yearly 14 night resort reservations and 10 day tickets. While the logical side of knows this will probably not make a difference, the dreamer in me still cannot stop thinking: " If I can only just get in contact with the right person".

Thank you,
Rob

Last edited:
We are in the EXACT same situation as @20minutesaway. Well, after moving all the way for the pacific northwest, we are now actually 22 minutes away if we get lucky with the traffic. However, I have never heard of anyone having success unless they already had at least a previous AP. If someone has first hand knowledge contrary to this and would like to share some additional information, a DM would be very appreciated.

The correct CM will be able to see the decade long history of yearly 14 night resort reservations and 10 day tickets. While the logical side of knows this will probably not make a difference, the dreamer in me still cannot stop thinking: " If I can only just get in contact with the right person".

Thank you,
Rob
Disney sees your history of buying day tickets, and thinks "Oh, good, we don't need to offer them a discount to get them to buy our product!" :hyper:

Well I called again this morning and was told the same thing: it can be up to 30 days before I hear back.

You missed Person 3, who is Canadian (or from pretty much anywhere else except the US) and who renewed their APs during the shutdown and didn’t take a refund of any kind, instead taking the extension, because they’re eager to get back to WDW as soon as possible. However, Person 3 is completely pooched, since the borders are still closed for non-essential travel a year later, and there’s an expensive govt hotel quarantine on their return even if they could get flights. It’s looking like Person 3 won’t get to use their renewed and extended AP at all, or maybe once right at the end if they’re really, really lucky, but now there’s no option to get that refund that was originally offered. Person 3 also feels like Disney doesn’t care about them, since they’ve paid for an AP they can’t use but Disney is happy to sell new APs with very flexible starting dates to the people who got refunds.

The system doesn’t really seem fair. Yes, I know the border closure is not Disney’s fault, and it’s Person 3 who chose to renew rather than get a refund, but if they’d told us from the outset that the people that cancelled and got refunds would be able to purchase new APs when they needed them, we might have made different choices last year.

Person 3 is very grumpy.

It took 2-1/2 weeks before they got back to us.

Let us buy new FRSP at the regular price, not the upgrade....
I’m starting to get worried because we need reservations for 5/11 at mk and 5/8 is already gone for pass holders. That’s a weekend though and 5/11 is a Tuesday

A cm on the chat told me we would be allowed to buy a pass for my DS who just turned 3. I’m waiting for my call back so we’ll see. Has anyone been allowed to do that? If so, how much was the AP?

A cm on the chat told me we would be allowed to buy a pass for my DS who just turned 3. I’m waiting for my call back so we’ll see. Has anyone been allowed to do that? If so, how much was the AP?
In fact that is only completely new aps they will sell, child turned 3

Are you out of state? Or in state?

it’s the same price, there’s no 3-10 pricing for APs.
I think it was 750 for gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter