Any idea about Fantasmic return

I’d like to see a new show. Had it really been running for 22 years?

Agree it could use more of the new projection technology and or updated effects.

But the complaint that some have about Disney being cheap.... Ok maybe Disney should have discounted things more than they have, as there is a LOT missing right now. But can't fault them for not putting on Fireworks, Parades and Shows in the current situation. When we have more people vaccinated and kids can be vaccinated...

Agree it could use more of the new projection technology and or updated effects.

But the complaint that some have about Disney being cheap.... Ok maybe Disney should have discounted things more than they have, as there is a LOT missing right now. But can't fault them for not putting on Fireworks, Parades and Shows in the current situation. When we have more people vaccinated and kids can be vaccinated...

Universal is doing shows and a nighttime show so no reason Disney can't. Just space out the seats for anything indoors like they do for the automated shows and rides, and try to distance as best you can for outdoors things. There have been very few proven cases of outdoor transmission, and essentially no known cases of outdoor transmission with masks.

They also have brought back some live shows like Frozen. How is that safer than other live shows? Same with other changes like limited menus at restaurants (something else Universal isn't doing at nearly the same level), keeping so many restaurants closed, etc. It's not about safety, it's about profit.

I’m totally not arguing that it’s not about profit at least partly, but cast member safety may be part of it too. It’s not just guests they are protecting, but CMs too. They need to be able to be socially distanced. As the cdc recommendations change hopefully more will open. And the CM union probably has to vote and agree also.

Too you have to look at capacity....

With social distancing in place how many could fit in the Fantasmic arena? 4K - 3K maybe, out of 20K to 25K guest (or more depending on what percentage capacity they are at now)? Might double that if you kept the park open a couple hours longer and had a second showing, but that would still leave a lot of guest disappointed.

But yeah I agree CM Unions have a part to play as well... look at what is going on with Broadway right now.

Any new predictions about when Fantasmic will be back? What are the chances it will be here by March?
I don't recall where I heard/read it, but I have a recollection of someone saying that there was a plan to have F! back by spring. I am hoping that it will be back by March 14 when we're at HS, but it's hard looking at @bioreconstruct's aerial pics and imagining that it will open before summer.

Honestly that reasoning is hard to hold up now that vaccines are available to everyone. Plus Universal has managed to do live shows all along. It really feels like Disney is just being cheap with continuing some of the closures.
we were just at Dollywood for end of year and they were having problems with covid and show casts. some major shows canceled in last week park was open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter