Any guesses on Poly 2 timing?

It said end of 2024. I bet it stays on target as that it still two years away.

So, sales beginning in March or April 2024 with November to December opening is my guess.
I think the biggest threat to this timeline is just the economy. If we enter a major recession in the next 9 months and demand softens the project might get delayed.

Last edited:
They will never build the Reflections project and that is not a guess that is a piece of knowledge I have. It’s dead, not suspended.

They almost certainly will build something there someday though. Maybe they’ll even call it Reflections. But it will be something different.
I know you are right, but this breaks my heart. Reflections had so much of everything I wanted in a resort: wilderness themed, idea location (to me at least), a variety of accommodations (treehouses, cabins, a-frames, villas), and most importantly: A LAZY RIVER.

I know you are right, but this breaks my heart. Reflections had so much of everything I wanted in a resort: wilderness themed, idea location (to me at least), a variety of accommodations (treehouses, cabins, a-frames, villas), and most importantly: A LAZY RIVER.
They can definitely build a lazy river somewhere at some point. Hopefully whoever was the lazy river champion at TWDC is still there.

2024 for the tower.

2026 for VWL refurb!
Nooooooo!!! If VWL (BR) gets pushed back again - we’re breakin’ out the pitchforks (actually tho - they just got permits so really hoping that’s a good sign).
As far as Poly2 - don’t know if it’ll be the same or a new association- I think that will depend on how many rooms they end up building…but I’m thinking end of 2024 or mid 2025…

To add on to the above, if BRV gets pushed back and they don't start SOMETHING this year, there should be a mutiny. Throw the tea into Bay Lake!

As for Poly2, I think it's going to be pushed back past 2024 unless a major shift/recovery occurs in our economy (domestic and international). Disney is going to have to pinch some more pennies because your average family is not going to choose a Disney trip with tickets and food, etc, over paying for gas, heating oil and groceries. The prices by me are astounding.

Nooooooo!!! If VWL (BR) gets pushed back again - we’re breakin’ out the pitchforks (actually tho - they just got permits so really hoping that’s a good sign).
As far as Poly2 - don’t know if it’ll be the same or a new association- I think that will depend on how many rooms they end up building…but I’m thinking end of 2024 or mid 2025…
I permit has been filed with the Reedy District for the VWL refurb. If Disney goes by past performance, the refurb should start around August of this year. The expiration date is April of 2023 and usually the permits are very pessimistic on the end of a project, so I would expect the refurb to be completed sometime in Jan of 2023.

facebook twitter