• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Duck Dynasty fans?

Love the show, love the family, and Uncle SI is funnier than any comedian out there right now. There was only one time I have ever had to turn the show off and that was when Mrs. Kay had the dead little pig on her counter YUCK!!! This is a great FAMLIY show which is so hard to find these days!! I bet we won’t see any of the Robertson grandkids making sex tapes or having babies out of wedlock like the nasty Kardashain family!

Love, love, love this show!! I discovered it a few months ago and I probably have seen most episodes from watching reruns, and I watch the reruns every single time they play them. I love their wholesome morals and how tight they are as a family. Jase and Si are my favorite. I know this probably sounds completely silly, but in a strange way I find Jase endearing and attractive! Love the dimples!

Ok, I watched Duck Dynasty for the first time last not. Officially a fan. The novelty of the backwater, eccentric, redneck ppl is interesting. However, the family dynamics of the show is pretty great. There is what appears to be a healthy, cohesive family unity. Very cool show.

i had no idea jep was so much younger than the other brothers, until i saw the family photos on yahoo yesterday! he looked to be maybe 8-9 years old in willie & korie's wedding picture!

i missed last night's episodes, thanks to falling asleep on the couch.

It's such a good show! My entire family loves it and our favorites are Uncle Si and for me Jace ;)

Hey Jack! Gotta love how Si puts Hey and Jack in every sentence lol!!!

Our family loves this show!

The traffic stop of the SIL had me :rotfl:last night.

The lizard search and rescue was great, too. :happytv:

We've watched from the beginning, but I haven't enjoyed this season as much as the past two. Seems way more scripted and staged than before. The only one who is at all genuine is Si.

I just saw that the season premiere was the #1 most watched show EVER on A&E. It had 8.6 million viewers. Its also the most-watched non-scripted show on TV at the moment. Way cool! I don't care if it IS scripted - Jase & Si's one liners make up for it! There has never been a show the whole family can watch (have you noticed no bleeping out of words - they won't even say Oh my GOD!) where we laughed out loud the entire time.

Keep it up Robertson Family!

We've watched from the beginning, but I haven't enjoyed this season as much as the past two. Seems way more scripted and staged than before. The only one who is at all genuine is Si.

I loved the first couple seasons too, but I think you're right that something feels different this season. I still love the family and I hope they stay genuine and true to their beliefs. It would be horrible to see the fame monster take them over.

I just saw that the season premiere was the #1 most watched show EVER on A&E. It had 8.6 million viewers. Its also the most-watched non-scripted show on TV at the moment. Way cool! I don't care if it IS scripted - Jase & Si's one liners make up for it! There has never been a show the whole family can watch (have you noticed no bleeping out of words - they won't even say Oh my GOD!) where we laughed out loud the entire time.

Keep it up Robertson Family!

In most of the south, OMG is taking the Lord's Name in vain.

I've said it all my life and my mother was very strict about our language so it was a shock to me when I moved to TN and learned what I was saying was "swearing."

It is on of the things I like about Duck Dynasty...family show. :)

I loved the first couple seasons too, but I think you're right that something feels different this season. I still love the family and I hope they stay genuine and true to their beliefs. It would be horrible to see the fame monster take them over.

I sensed "staged" in both of this weeks episodes. It was still fun to watch but I hated to be thinking that.

I believe they are grounded in their faith and love for family. Of course, in that case, I think they'll have even more pressure to create a fall, but hopefully they'll withstand it or know when to walk away. We'll see.

I did notice that Phil ended his prayer "In Jesus' Name" last night, which I have not heard him say before. Usually, when it comes to TV, bringing up God is one thing but bringing up Jesus is a whole other ballgame.

My son is stopping at the Wharehouse next week.
My son and dh both work for Michel's Corporation-Pipeline-they are putting natural gas lines in around Monroe County. My dh met them last year at a meeting they had and he said-Willie is smart and intelligent business man and not the laid back person like he is on the show.

Do you think Kay and Phil live in the house they keep showing? I argue with my dh about the house. I think they own it, but use it for taping. I think they live on their acres of land, but in another house. I just remember Kate Gosselin mentioning about all the lighting that has to be in the house.

I also read Jeb does most of the taping and video taping for the show. That is why you don't see him in a lot of the shows.

Do you think Kay and Phil live in the house they keep showing? I argue with my dh about the house. I think they own it, but use it for taping. I think they live on their acres of land, but in another house. I just remember Kate Gosselin mentioning about all the lighting that has to be in the house.

Someone posted on here (or I read somewhere) that they do not live in that house, however it is theirs, on their property, and that they used to live in it. It is staged for filming.

Can anyone local confirm/deny?

My son is stopping at the Wharehouse next week.
My son and dh both work for Michel's Corporation-Pipeline-they are putting natural gas lines in around Monroe County. My dh met them last year at a meeting they had and he said-Willie is smart and intelligent business man and not the laid back person like he is on the show.

I also read Jeb does most of the taping and video taping for the show. That is why you don't see him in a lot of the shows.

There's not a Monroe County in Louisiana. We are actually in West Monroe which is Ouachita Parish.

My nephew went hunting with the Robertsons about a year ago and went to their house and, yes, they did live in the home that they are filming in. Unless they have moved out recently, they still live there. It's pretty far out of town and back in the woods.

The home that they show as Willie and Korie's is actually a bit down from my sister's house. Korie accidentally hit my sister's mailbox about a year ago and tried to get in touch with my sister who was at work at the time. Korie left the mailbox on the porch with a note and then Willie came over to put it back up.

Jeb was in the Duck Commander store when we were there a week or so ago and helping run the register. The area that they tape the men in is actually just a very very small area of their large warehouse.

They really are what they seem....except they are much more intelligent that you might think they are. Just listen to them speak at a conference and you'll see what I mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter