• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any accurate pricing of the Wish Tower suite yet?

I'll take "unnecessary expenses" for 3,754$, Alex.

I pay less than that for my mortgage yearly.

That amount is enough to feed 50 families on Christmas Eve...

I have a very serious question: Am I the only one thinking that Disney is taking advantage of their customers, here?
I don‘t think DIsney is taking advantage of its customers. I think if they started charging for ice water in cups in the parks or put a limit on the number of times you could visit the soft serve ice cream machine on DCL, we‘d have a problem.

But if millionaires want a place to spend tens of thousands each week, Disney should happily provide a place.

*Plus* did I hear there was a fruit basket?🤣

I have a very serious question: Am I the only one thinking that Disney is taking advantage of their customers, here?

Serious, genuine non-condescending question in response: How are they taking advantage of us?

I would be curious what the pricing for a regular 3 night/4 night in the tower suite will end up at for 6-8 people when pricing open to the general public. If it is in the 30K/40K (10K per night) range there will be a fair number of people who can afford a splurge at 5K per night per family if they can split it with another family. It's a LOT of money but not really more than the Magic/Dream class top level suites (which seem to run around 6-8K per night) and those suites can only really be used by one family at a time.

I'll take "unnecessary expenses" for 3,754$, Alex.

I pay less than that for my mortgage yearly.

That amount is enough to feed 50 families on Christmas Eve...

I don’t think they’re taking advantage. People have different income levels and are willing to enjoy finer things in life If it’s important to them.

My friend has two exotic cars that he paid cash for. One was $395k, and the other was $450k, can’t get him to wear anything other than $15 Wrangler jeans and a hoodie.

I just sent that info to my husband. we aren't looking at MV but end of July. It's funny though, we are also 2A/3K but my amount shows 63,923. I'm curious about the total cost quoted above. They said "$3754pp" but what would the total breakdown be if there were less people. obviously the more people in a stateroom, the more of a "discount" each person is. But still it does not appear to be as much as I thought. Which begs the question, are we just so out of touch with reality when "only $3800pp" for an off season 4nt cruise is not that much :P

In my opinion, yes.

And you are preaching to a choir of repeat cruisers - we have repeatedly splurged to take a Disney cruise - even in the cheapest cabin.

As I used to tell my nieces, there are families that save their entire lives for one trip to Disney.

They could never afford a Disney cruise.

Haven’t you guys heard? You can order room service hot breakfast instead of walking two minutes to cabanas! Breakfast in pajamas is totally worth a few extra thousand bucks per day.

But I don’t even need all that. They had me at pillow menu.

I sincerely hope for the price they can order a hot breakfast from Palo (or whichever venue hosts the brunch) instead of Cabanas. We ARE talking about Disney though.... the Mickey waffles are cuter anyway I guess. :ssst:

I would be curious what the pricing for a regular 3 night/4 night in the tower suite will end up at for 6-8 people when pricing open to the general public. If it is in the 30K/40K (10K per night) range there will be a fair number of people who can afford a splurge at 5K per night per family if they can split it with another family. It's a LOT of money but not really more than the Magic/Dream class top level suites (which seem to run around 6-8K per night) and those suites can only really be used by one family at a time.
I saw someone post on fb, they got a 4 night in the funnel suite with 8 people. Cost divided evenly it was close to 4 k per person.

For me to justify spending that amount of money on a room (ok I know its a bit more than just a room) I think I would want to be spending all my time in it - which kind of defeats the purpose of a cruise.
Everyone is different though, and Disney does appeal to a wide range of people with a wide (or not so wide!) range of budgets. So there will always be people willing to pay whatever it takes to have the best rooms in the house.
But Disney, if that room is empty when we sail and you wanna upgrade me, go ahead, I won't complain, honest!

Serious, genuine non-condescending question in response: How are they taking advantage of us?

IMO, by charging too much for the value. (I’m talking real value, as emotional value doesn’t always make us rational financially speaking... and usually doesn’t care about our wallets LOL).

Don’t get me wrong: The ship is cute, all the cabins are cute, the 2 story cabin is super cute...

But...

As a DCL fan, I’m looking at those rates and I’m thinking... « Nah. They have long passed the prices I’m willing to pay for a Disney Cruise

And, of course, fact that I have tried other cruise lines (and compared value) have reenforced that feeling.

I don’t think they’re taking advantage. People have different income levels and are willing to enjoy finer things in life If it’s important to them.

My friend has two exotic cars that he paid cash for. One was $395k, and the other was $450k, can’t get him to wear anything other than $15 Wrangler jeans and a hoodie.

My question is not really about « Can I afford it? » ... but more about « Should I pay those rates for that product? » Just because I have money doesn’t mean I should pay those prices.

Now, I apologize to OP as I didn’t want to highjack the thread...

Call me crazy but this 9B booking gal isn't even interested the tower suite. Also, imagine the sway in rough waters but happy for those that want to book it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter