Another wonderful stay at the Polynesian

Back late last week from a two week stay there.

Standard view. Scored on the room. Quite possibly the second best Standard room. Incredible weather. Truly blessed.

Heads up - my room requests disappeared from the MS. I phoned about a week out to check. A CM suggested that online check-in - I didn't make any requests on it - has been wiping out MS requests lately. Who knows. They certainly don't, laughing. I put them back on and then emailed MS to ask them to confirm that the Polynesian had them, since it was under a week out. And asked them to explain why this is happening and that it is obviously becoming an issue that needs their attention (multiple posts here with vanishing requests). They simply seemed to be confused about what I was questioning about, since they felt that they rectified the issue. Sigh.

Anyway, great service all around. The Polynesian is just incredibly relaxing and the transportation options are fantastic. So many options. It really impacts the vacation experience to have multiple transportation possibilities and with such ease.

Also, I have been to WDW around Christmas/NYE weeks quite a few times. Numbers seemed to be down. In between Christmas and NYE. One evening Epcot EMH was like a personal park experience.

These pics look beautiful. My husband always says that when we retire and have enough spendable cash we will stay at the Poly. Meanwhile, its Pop Century for us.

These pics look beautiful. My husband always says that when we retire and have enough spendable cash we will stay at the Poly. Meanwhile, its Pop Century for us.

Here's to a stay soon. :thumbsup2

I could not have stayed there without DVC points. I put our trip into disneyworld.com and it was just under $10 000 from Disney, room only. There is no way I could afford that, or most other Polynesian stays. Even with discounts.

But on the other hand there is beauty in delayed gratification. I bought DVC in 2005, after a full ten years of dreaming. I did that because I knew, for my life, it was best not to finance. I have some great memories of dreaming at WDW. Most of them sitting on the Boardwalk, staring at others and thinking "one day". I am not one who wishes I would have bought sooner. Great times smiling, wishing, and dreaming. Even when I was bursting with envy. :rotfl2:;)

It is Tokelau. And yes I could watch the pageant from the room.

Another nice feature was that the exit right beside this room was an unobstructed view of everything - Magic Kingdom, fireworks, lake. Because of the positioning of Tokelau.

The room beside it 3914 should immediately be assigned as lake view, in my opinion. On its balcony, being the end room, there is a cut out to the north. So it has a better view than most of the first floor Moorea lake view rooms.

We are staying at Poly in May and after looking through the room views from Touring Plans your room and the one next to it were the exact ones we chose to base our room request off of! The pictures look awesome and I'm glad to hear it's as good in person!

We are staying at Poly in May and after looking through the room views from Touring Plans your room and the one next to it were the exact ones we chose to base our room request off of! The pictures look awesome and I'm glad to hear it's as good in person!

Have a wonderful time.

I took a picture of that view of the palm trees, which is really the absolute straight on picture. However, it is not what the eye sees. You absolutely gravitate to the Grand Floridian and the water. I was so thrilled because I had an incredible view from my lake view room last time (3020) but it truly was the look to the left of the Grand Floridian view that made me smile the most when in that room.

There is a picture of it on touring plans, of the palm trees in front of 3913, so I was absolutely prepared for a lean over view this time. It simply wasn't.

Hope you get 3914 or 2914, I'm anxious to hear about that room!

Last edited:
We'll be staying at the Poly for the first time next summer. We have a studio. I saw that someone mentioned great transportation options. Can you give me a heads up as to the best transportation to use to get to each park? Do we use Poly transportation or walk to TTC? Is the path to TTC well marked?

We'll be staying at the Poly for the first time next summer. We have a studio. I saw that someone mentioned great transportation options. Can you give me a heads up as to the best transportation to use to get to each park? Do we use Poly transportation or walk to TTC? Is the path to TTC well marked?

Here are my thoughts ---

AK and HS are simply buses. Done. The Polynesian bus stop is right near Moorea, Tokelau and especially close to Pago Pago.

MK and Epcot options are wonderful from the Polynesian. Epcot, you can easily walk to the TTC from the DVC section of the Polynesian. Is it well-marked? Sort of. I guess that's the best answer. Once you find it, you're done.

Epcot --- for me going back to the resort it's wonderful to walk out the front - not go to the buses - and you're right at the monorail and voila back home.

MK, on my May trip I walked out and the monorail was down. The small boat to the Polynesian had just left. No problem, I can take the ferry from the MK to the TTC and I'm practically right at the Polynesian. Now that's ease.

As far as the monorail goes, I know it's down a lot. But I was there for two weeks and only once did I experience what I would call a delay. And it was quick.

The Boardwalk area also became easy because of the Epcot monorail. Many times I simply walked through Epcot with a different destination in mind. But I love walking. And I find it a beautiful way to get to the Boardwalk.

I walked to the TTC for the Epcot monorail. All other destinations I used the Polynesian transportation this trip.

The best thing about Polynesian transportation and location, for me, is the ease to visit so many other wonderful resorts during your trip.

Last edited:
Thanks for this wonderful review. I am going to the Poly in February. We are using a lot of points and are staying in a bungalow, so exited. We will get takeout from Ohana, and eat in the comfort of our dining room. Only 4 nights, then on to SSR for 2, borrowed almost all my points from next year.

Thanks for this wonderful review. I am going to the Poly in February. We are using a lot of points and are staying in a bungalow, so exited. We will get takeout from Ohana, and eat in the comfort of our dining room. Only 4 nights, then on to SSR for 2, borrowed almost all my points from next year.

Have a wonderful time NJMermaid! Can't wait to hear about it.

I too used almost two years worth of my points. Worth it for a dream vacation.

facebook twitter