Another Stroller Question - Poll Added

two singles or one double

• single umbrella strollers - one for each child

• double umbrella - only one to push

Results are only viewable after voting.

lzkirchner

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We will be in WDW during mid Nov. Have a 3 and 5 yo. Obviously need a stroller. Won't be taking my heavy hard to steer duo glider. So, I can borrow two separate umbrella strollers from a friend or I can pick up a double umbrella stroller at a local consignment sale. Which would you do? Looking for easy to manage - especially on disney buses. TIA!

I voted for the double umbrella. I bought a used Combi double umbrella at a consignment sale for our trip when my kids were the same ages as yours. It worked great! It folded easily for the bus rides and the seats were comfy for our oldest. The problem with single umbrella strollers IMO is that they are not meant for bigger kids (unless you have a more expensive model). Our kids are very average size and the Combi was great! Plus I think there was a lot more storage room in the double baskets than in single umbellas. I also liked only having to push one stroller, only having to find one stroller after rides, and one to deal with on the buses.

You might find your 5 year old will want to walk sometimes at smaller parks - say AK. Our daughter started walking all the parks at age 5. IF you take 2 strollers you can always leave one in the room or at a stroller parking lot.

Also it is so mcuh easier to navigate 2 single storllers at night in crowds than a larger double.

this way you can split up for a few minutes if necessary. and you can pack 2 umbrella strollers in 1 double stroller bag for the gate check. having 2 separate strollers will make it easier to navigate through crowds

On out first family trip to the World we took 2 singles for DS 3 and DD 14 months. We had 9 adults and I thought it would be easier. We never once split the kids up although sometimes the Grandparents took the 2 kids. I found it to be a bigger hassle to take stuff out of 2 stroller baskets fold up 2 strollers and carry 2 strollers on the bus.
For our trip this past Dec. we rented a double from Magic Strollers for DS 4 and DD 2.5. Now that we've done that we will do so again. The stroller was fabulous! Very light to carry, great to steer/turn, easy to fold, compact when folded, good storage, full recline seats, generous shades. Magic Strollers also includes at no extra charge a parent organizer and if you request a rain cover. We used them both in Dec. ;)

If was an easier trip and a made having a stroller as easy as possible.

Another option would be to get one of those stroller connectors for the 2 umbrellas- then you can have it either way! They're only about $10 at Babies R Us.

We're having this dilema too. I think it's a waste to rent a stroller down there because it costs almost as much as getting a brand new stroller at home that I get to keep. My husband is against the double wide strollers(seats side by side) cause he thinks they're a PITA cause they are so wide. My kids will be 3 and 5 and I'm pretty sure we will need a stroller. So we've decided to buy a new sit and stand. The only drawback is we won't use it much when we get back because the 5 yr old can pretty much walk anywhere but I'm assuming disney parks may be an issue. Also the 5 yr old is over the weight limit and it will make steering harder. My husband at 1st thought we didn't need a stroller!!! I seriously LMAO and was like you're kidding me right??? I'd love to do 2 separate umbrella's cause they are lightweight but maybe it's just me, I'm short 5' 1" but my feet get caught up in the backs of those kind and the handles are too close together and it hurts my back. Thinking maybe we could invest in 2 larger type umbrella strollers that are not too expensive. And what to do with the 2nd one when we get back. Too much to think about!!!!! I will be sooo happy when this trip is finally underway and I can stop worrying about all of this and just have fun!!!

We're having this dilema too. I think it's a waste to rent a stroller down there because it costs almost as much as getting a brand new stroller at home that I get to keep. My husband is against the double wide strollers(seats side by side) cause he thinks they're a PITA cause they are so wide. My kids will be 3 and 5 and I'm pretty sure we will need a stroller. So we've decided to buy a new sit and stand. The only drawback is we won't use it much when we get back because the 5 yr old can pretty much walk anywhere but I'm assuming disney parks may be an issue. Also the 5 yr old is over the weight limit and it will make steering harder. My husband at 1st thought we didn't need a stroller!!! I seriously LMAO and was like you're kidding me right??? I'd love to do 2 separate umbrella's cause they are lightweight but maybe it's just me, I'm short 5' 1" but my feet get caught up in the backs of those kind and the handles are too close together and it hurts my back. Thinking maybe we could invest in 2 larger type umbrella strollers that are not too expensive. And what to do with the 2nd one when we get back. Too much to think about!!!!! I will be sooo happy when this trip is finally underway and I can stop worrying about all of this and just have fun!!!

Did you look at the Jeep Wrangler Double Side by side? We have this one and although it's not my favorite, it would probably work out well for you. Plus it's cheaper than renting and not heavy.

We have rented several times the double jogging stroller from A Baby's Best Friend, and the DGK really liked it. They were old enough where we removed the arm bar and they were able to get in and out quickly and easily. Lots of room for them, lots of storage for us, and easy to get aound everywhere, even the transportation. ABBF's items are always immaculately clean as well. :thumbsup2

I voted. :goodvibes

I voted for 2 singles, which is what we use. What I got at Babies R Us is a pack of 3 stroller clamps for 9.99. You can use these if you want to put them together or unhook them to use as singles. I also like single strollers b/c if your little one is just zonked and ready to go back, but the 5 y/o is still able to go but her(?) legs are tired, you can send one back to the hotel and one can stay in the park.

I'd go with one double. That way one parent can run for FP and the other can continue walking to another ride with the kids.

i voted two, but only if you have nice umbrella's with the long handles. if you use cheap ones, the 5 yr old will be too heavy and your back will be really hurting!
We always used two maclarens and purchased the $10 connectors if we needed them to be together. much faster moving around crowded areas and as far as getting a FP, my dh takes one stroller and gets the fp while i take the other child and get in line. now since having our 3rd we still use the maclarens but the 6 yr olds(just turned 6 last week) take turns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter