Another stroller question, not Disney related but I know you can help

ntink

DIS Veteran
My sister is having her first baby :goodvibes and she wanted to get my opinion on her registry. For a stroller, she registered for a Graco travel system. I used a travel system with both DDs and loved it. However, I live in the suburbs and primarily travel by car. When I did use the stroller with public transportation, like at Disney, it was a little awkward but I was always with DH.

She, however, lives in NYC and primarily uses public transportation. While she has a great DH, the reality is they are not together 24/7 and I think that might not be the best stroller choice.

So, for all of you big city dwellers, what is the best choice for a stroller for an infant?

I also live in the suburbs and if I had to do it all over again, I would have purchased one of the frames that you can hook the infant carrier on for the first few months and then switched over to a maclaren. I always felt that my travel system was so big a clunky and my tall kids outgrew the stroller by around 2-1/2 years old. I owned many strollers before my maclaren because I didn't want to spend so much on a stroller, but in the long run I spent way more and then bought a mac anyway!

A maclaren would be great for a city person who uses public transportation too. I think some of the models have an insert for small infants and then they can be used up to 55 lbs also. No need to ever buy another stroller!

She'll need something lighter and easier to carry up and down subway stairs. She's also going to want something that's comfy for baby to hang out in. I never feel that travel systems with car seat fit that. After a while baby wants wiggle and stretch room.

Bugaboos and the knock offs are still very popular in NYC since they are light but still pram like. I don't know anymore which knock offs are good and which aren't.

I'd really look into a Bumbleride flyer. It's pretty light, reclines for a newborn, and fits almost all infant bucket seats. She should pick her own seat that is easy to install if she'll be moving it a lot between vehicles/ taxis.

MacLaren Techno is the one that reclines for birth up.

I also had a friend who loved her Mountain Buggy Urban Something. She lived on the UES. I never got into the jogger look so I really don't know much about it.

Thank you - I am doing a little research for my sis now. If there is anyone out there who uses a stroller in a large city I would love your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter