ANOTHER stroller question.. need opinions!!

MistyD

Mouseketeer
We are headed to World next month and I am STILL undecided about what to do about our stroller situation! We will have DS, 15 months, and DD 4 1/2. Obviously we will be taking a stroller for DS but I'm not sure if we should take one for DD too. When we went to Six Flags over the summer there were MANY times she would ask to ride on DH's shoulders. He's saying we should take one for her because he thinks she will get tired. I think she will be so excited to be there that she won't even want to slow down!!

We have a Baby Trend stroller that we used for DD our last trip and an cheapy umbrella stroller. Should I look into a Sit & Stand? I mean, it won't have a reclining seat for DD but would at least have somewhere she could ride.

Would love opinions of those who have BTDT with kiddos this age.

I would bring the stroller for her. You know your dd best and if she is going to get tired and want to be carried a stroller will be much easier. I'm tired at the end of the day, you know those little legs have got to be tired too.
I would just bring an umbrella stroller. I would not get a sit and stand. Just to big to lug around, and you probably won't get much use out of it outside of theme parks.

DD was 3 and DS was 18 months when we went to WDW. I'd take a stroller for your DD, especially if at Six Flags she is asking to ride on your DH's shoulders. Plus, a stroller is nice if you want to get her somewhere quick, like a meal ressie or a show, or a nice place to crash to watch the fireworks.

We used two umbrella type strollers. This was much easier for us to manuever around than our sit n' stand. I use the sit n stand when I take the kids to the zoo and such on my own but I would not want to use it at WDW. Hard to steer and big and bulky.

I'd take a stroller for your DD, especially if at Six Flags she is asking to ride on your DH's shoulders. Plus, a stroller is nice if you want to get her somewhere quick, like a meal ressie or a show, or a nice place to crash to watch the fireworks.

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Guess DH was right.... not that I will admit that to him of course! :rolleyes1

Well mine walked at 4 1/2 . So it can be done, especially in a family with 2 little ones. there is a lot of walking but there is also a lot of sitting.

As far as the carrying just say no, offer to take a break and sit down for a few minutes, if that isn't enough say well we will have to go back to the room for the day then and you will be so surprised how much energy they suddenly have.

I have a DD4 (barely) and DD18mo. My DD4 has special issues (weak muscles) so that plays into our decisions. We just returned from a trip to WDW for almost 3 weeks. At first, she did a lot of walking. But then she got a virus that wore her out so she pretty much rode in the stroller for the next week. We have a larger Peg Perego that they sometimes alternate in (depending on who needs naps LOL). The smaller umbrella stroller fits in the big one so we don't have to mess with 2 unless we need them.

I would say absolutely take a stroller... when people say "they can walk, they don't use one at home"...it makes me laugh, DO you know how much walking you do in one day? For every one of your steps its like 2 for them. Its so worth the extra stroller or cheap double, at the end of the day when you are tired and the kids are tired..its nice to have the stroller so you don't have to carry them. I see so many kids getting so tired and cranky when we go..its doesn't have to be that way. And if they want to walk for a bit, you have somewhere to put your stuff..lol

We are taking our Peg Perego that has the part on the back for DD to stand on. I LOVE this stroller!

We have a DD that's going to be 6 and a DS that's 4 and we are going to take 2 strollers just in case. I don't care if they won't use them very much but I want to have them in case they need them. It's a big place and it's easy to move them from one area to another quickly. Plus, when I'm super tired of walking I don't want to be carrying a child that weighs 40 lbs.

I would say bring a stroller. My son will be almost 5 when we go this summer and we also have a 2 year old and we are bringing a stroller. We bring our sit and stand for the two at parks, but the year before we did two single strollers. I thought the two singles were easier to maneuver, but someone always had to push. With one, we took turns so someone got a break from the stroller which was very nice. We bring an umbrella stroller too for the resorts, DTD, etc. (places where my son can walk, but daughter would get too tired). It works out well to have the umbrella just in case. Much easier.

DD will be almost 6 when we go in April and I'm taking her umbrella stroller. Assuming she still fit in it, she hasn't ridden in it since our trip last April.

I don't expect her to ride in it 90% of the time, but it's nice to have a place for water bottles, snacks etc. And that 10% of the time when we need to move quickly, or it's too hot in the sun, or she's tired......we'll be glad we have it.

I'm sure we COULD do it without the stroller, but we'll do it so much more enjoyably (is that a word?) then we would without it.

With the second stroller you can even park it somewhere central and then go back for it when you are ready to move to a different area. We usually park the stroller for a couple hours at a time, then just pick it up and park it somewhere else until we need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter