Another silly question from a newbie....

trezoc

Mouseketeer
Is there a part of the ship that you can "feel"" more motion? Not sure if any of us are prone to sea sickness as this will be our first trip. I do get queasy from time to time on spinning or inverted rides.Is it better to have a stateroom in the middle instead of the ends? Thanks guys!

Is there a part of the ship that you can "feel"" more motion? Not sure if any of us are prone to sea sickness as this will be our first trip. I do get queasy from time to time on spinning or inverted rides.Is it better to have a stateroom in the middle instead of the ends? Thanks guys!

Middle does seem to help some with motion sickness but, if the seas are rough you are likely to feel motion anywhere on the ship. During normal seas, people report feeling more motion in the forward cabins.

Motion does not bother me but I have felt motion when we were in the Walt Disney Theatre which is forward.

MJ

For seasickness the general rule is the more toward the bottom and the middle of the ship you are the better. I get seasick very badly and I have found that to be true for me. The most miserable days of my life were spent in Cabin 5000 - all the way forward. I also got very sick on a subsequent cruise during my massage on Deck 9 forward and at Palo on Deck 10 aft. I have learned that I really can't be on the top decks during sea days a great deal so my spa treatments and Palo need to be when we are in port. I think for most people standard Dramamine type stuff works really well. I had to move up to the prescription patch and while it helped I was still sick (Palo and the massage were with the patch) and I had to be careful with my locations. However I think I am definitely the exception. Good Luck - most people do not have any problems at all.

One of my sons has vertigo and when we first cruised his doctor suggested that motion sickness/ seasickness was likely for him. We got him the patch & sea bands and brought along lots of meds, and also decided to stay in a stateroom on deck 2 and that worked well for him. On one subsequent cruise we were upgraded to deck 6, and he was sick almost the whole time. We've stuck with deck 2 since then with good results.

We love Deck 2 for motion. We were in high seas and didn't even know it until we got up to deck 4. The ship has stabilizers to help some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter