Another rude castmember thread

I know I'm a little late to this party but I stumbled upon this thread and couldn't look away.. and now I'm so upset that I just had to say something:

As someone who is relatively new to DISboards, I am sad to see how unkind some people are being to the OP - to include one of the moderators.

The viewpoint that complaining to a manger is the only way to solve the problem seems to be held by those who also believe that the CMs were having a bad day - this is confusing to me. If the CMs were having a bad day or were just a little "off", wouldn't it be extreme to report them to their manager (in this scenario)? Wouldn't the solution be to do what the OP did and move on with their day?

I applaud the OP for venting here instead of to a manager because I don't think that kind of complaint would be warranted in either of those situations. The OP obviously thought this was a place where they could vent to a community of friends, but aside from a few, they are being ganged up on. The OP is venting because they are not used to a rude CM, and yet many of you are telling them that they are acting like most CMs are rude but I believe that is the opposite of what she is saying. If the OP was used to it, they wouldn't have been so shocked by it.

I guess the point of my post is that I hope the DISboard community is kinder than what I have seen here tonight.. And that I hope the OP and everyone else who posted here/reads this continues to be a part of the magic.

This is a very old, zombie thread. Maybe start a new one if you wish to continue the discussion.

I'm going to be blunt here, and I hope you don't get too offended. But if you think this thread was unkind or harsh, then I don't think you will get too much out of the Disboards. This thread is actually pretty tame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter