Another podcast is having a Disney cruise!

There are some ABD tours that are adults only. That may be why Lou's group doesn't allow kids. If I were booking an ABD tour, an adults-only tour would be my first choice.

Nope, that's not the reason - I actually called ABD and asked about those specific date. It wasn't ABD that didn't allow it, it was the podcast that was the one who wouldn't allow children on the tour. Seems a bit snobbish to me.

Why would it be your first choice to have an adults only trip? To quote Walt Disney himself: ""We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.""

Nope, that's not the reason - I actually called ABD and asked about those specific date. It wasn't ABD that didn't allow it, it was the podcast that was the one who wouldn't allow children on the tour. Seems a bit snobbish to me.

Why would it be your first choice to have an adults only trip? To quote Walt Disney himself: ""We believed in our idea - a family park where
parents and children could have fun- together.""

Because some of us without kids would like to socialize with other adult Disney fans without kids.

This was also the same reason I went to the Adventurers Club when it was around. It was a fun place for adults, something to do at night at WDW. Kids were allowed, but it was primarily a bar with entertainment.

Thanks for summing up the pre-DIS and post-DIS group trips. Saved me some time explaining. ;) There was another podcast that had a week long cruise on the Magic in October, as well. There have always been groups of Disney fans going on the Disney cruises for the past few years or more.

You're right. The week before PCC 1.0 - the Passporter folks sponsored an eastern Caribbean cruise on the Magic. There have been a number of cruises affiliated with Deb Wills - including a 5-night double dip a few years ago in September, the May 3, 2011 Alaska cruise, and a May 19, 2012 Fantasy cruise. The Magic Meets people moved from land to sea in 2010, and they'll have another cruise this July - to Bermuda.
BriarRosie said:
I was surprised to see Lou a couple days before the DIS cruise at the traditional RADP meet and greet. I had last seen him at Mouse Fest 2005. It was good to see him again, and to meet up with the December meet friends I hadn't been able to catch up with due to vacation time work schedule conflicts!

My first Disney online experience was on RADP in 1996, and RADP had annual December gatherings at WDW before MouseFest began. Then I found Deb Wills' site in 1997 when it was the Walt Disney World Information Guide (www.wdwig.com). I read about the DIS in January 1999 in Family PC (I think) magazine, and I've been here ever since. :teeth:

BriarRosie said:
I did the Backstage Magic tour in December 2008, and it was listed as adults-only. That's the reason I booked that specific date.
The August 14-19 date for Lou's ABD tour isn't specified as adults only, so I don't know why kids aren't allowed on that one. Perhaps his tour is in addition to the regularly-scheduled ABD tour on that date.

Sounds like no one agrees with me so I will just bow out of this discussion. Go have your adult conversation and try not to make someone feel so bad for having their child join them on a special Disney vacation. I'm not feeling to happy right now.

Sounds like no one agrees with me so I will just bow out of this discussion. Go have your adult conversation and try not to make someone feel so bad for having their child join them on a special Disney vacation. I'm not feeling to happy right now.

Please understand that the Dis Unplugged welcomes children on our Backstage Magic Adventures.

We have openly discussed that some children would not be interested in parts of this tour, but we have also discussed that this seems perfectly suited for your daughter and her interests.

This is an inclusive Adventure.

If I had gone on an ABD tour when my kids were younger, I would've wanted to go with other families. However, there are obviously enough adults who would prefer an adults-only tour for ABD to offer them. I see no reason for anyone to feel offended that some adults prefer to go on a tour for adults only.

My "must listen to" podcasts include WDW Radio. Lou is a very rah rah guy who works incredibly hard to produce a top notch podcast.

Remember people, there is enough Disney for everyone!!

Although my wife and I have now moved to the grandhildren phase of our lives and we frequently go on Disney trips without children, much of the Disney magic for me is seeing children experience Disney. When I'm at a Disney park or on a Disney Cruise, I always make some time to find a quiet spot to sit while eating a snack and watch children interact with the characters. Seeing the joy on their faces brings back so many fond memories for me of when we took our children to the parks and reignites that Disney magic in my heart.

For me, having children on a Disney trip allows us to experience their joy and enthusiasm as the children discover the magic for themselves. It makes my heart smile.

I'm offended by that.

I didn't mean it to be offensive. But I would feel out of place on a tour with a few families with kids bonding over similar interests.

I am a single with no kids, so I would not feel like a 5th wheel among other adults. I am kinda ticked at Disney for thinking they should do their heavy marketing to young families, but I realize that I am not their preferred demographic.

I hope that helps you understand reasons why some of us want adult only trips.

This other cruise has been in the planning for a couple of years now.
And they are not the only other Disney Fan cruise out there.

Personally I am sticking with the DIS Podcast Cruises, but I am also a fan of the show/site you mentioned. If the timing was better (not so close) I would have considered both!

I stand corrected then ... really cool in a way to imagine how many disney fans there are out there. The dis unplugged is the main disney related podcast i listen to, mainly for the unbiased views and the personalities in general. Plus the sense of community here. Which is why i was surprised in a way that there are other disney podcast cruises, with their own community.

There are enough disney fans that we can take over the world! :cool1:

Cheers!
Wadiwo

Lou is an incredibly friendly guy and works ALOT to do what he does. I've run into him several times now at the parks (if you've seen him he's easy to spot), and even when he seems to be in a hurry he stops and says hello.

In his 200th WDW Radio show, I'm the last guy who was asked a question, and got it wrong :( I wanted a fact or fiction question, but he asked me a podcast question (I've "listened" to every one, just like the DIS), but I don't necessarily remember everything around it. I though the person he had to bleep was Julie Andrews... :)

He's done cruises before as well I believe, at least jointly with others I think.

Which is why i was surprised in a way that there are other disney podcast cruises, with their own community.

Check on iTunes. There are SO MANY Disney podcasts out there. They each say they have a very friendly community and I believe them.

Quite a few are sponsored by a Disney Travel agency. DIS Unplugged is the only one I have found (so far) that is fully run by people from a travel agency. (I could be wrong, of course)

Lou is an incredibly friendly guy and works ALOT to do what he does. I've run into him several times now at the parks (if you've seen him he's easy to spot), and even when he seems to be in a hurry he stops and says hello.

In his 200th WDW Radio show, I'm the last guy who was asked a question, and got it wrong :( I wanted a fact or fiction question, but he asked me a podcast question (I've "listened" to every one, just like the DIS), but I don't necessarily remember everything around it. I though the person he had to bleep was Julie Andrews... :)

He's done cruises before as well I believe, at least jointly with others I think.

I heard you!! :goodvibes

We are going on Lou's cruise and I am jazzed. He appears to be extremely friendly and truly grateful for his fans and I have never heard or read him treat anyone with disrespect. I am really excited to meet him and hope I have an opportunity to! He, like the Roundtable, has a love for Disney, but just presents it from different angle. He was on a joint cruise with Deb Wills and Steven Barrett in Sept 2008...I was on that cruise with a DIS group.

Like someone else said, there is plenty of Disney to go around. I personally want to try all of it, and am looking forward to my NO KIDS Disneyland trip in September, too!!!

We are going on Lou's cruise and I am jazzed. He appears to be extremely friendly and truly grateful for his fans and I have never heard or read him treat anyone with disrespect. I am really excited to meet him and hope I have an opportunity to!

Lou is a great guy, very personable and friendly. Can't wait to do another event of his.
Wish I was going on that cruise, too, but still recouping from 2.0 ;)

We are going on Lou's cruise and I am jazzed. He appears to be extremely friendly and truly grateful for his fans and I have never heard or read him treat anyone with disrespect. I am really excited to meet him and hope I have an opportunity to! He, like the Roundtable, has a love for Disney, but just presents it from different angle. He was on a joint cruise with Deb Wills and Steven Barrett in Sept 2008...I was on that cruise with a DIS group.

Like someone else said, there is plenty of Disney to go around. I personally want to try all of it, and am looking forward to my NO KIDS Disneyland trip in September, too!!!

I heard you too!!! :) I didn't know the answer to that question either!

Lou had a meet of the month when we were at Disney in June, and I was so excited to have the chance to meet him. The heat index that day was 106, and the meet was around 1 pm. Needless to say, we melted in the park and had to head back to our camper to get away from the heat and missed our chance to meet Lou. Hopefully we'll have that chance again. He seems super nice on the podcast and newscast chats.

Hmmm...I've been looking for more podcasts (I do lots of listening between commutes, workouts, housework, etc.), maybe I should try Lou's again.

Back when I first dipped a toe into the world of Disney podcasts I downloaded episodes of both the DISUnplugged and WDW Radio at the same time. I listened to both, but the DIS got me through an awful 6-hour ordeal being stuck on a stalled Amtrak train, and I've been hooked ever since. I thought the info in WDW Radio was interesting, but I found the shows to be too overproduced (in terms of music, sound effects, etc.)...lots of cool stuff, but sometimes I found it hard to hear what was being said. Anyone else feel that way?

I'm offended by that.

You have got to be kidding?

Sorry, but that attitude makes me think "there's a reason I don't want to be around your kids"

Some of us chose NOT to have kids and don't think that everything we do should involve you kids.

I am not offended by your choice to do a trip that does allow kids, but you would be offended by my choices?

(And sorry for what ABD costs they better make sure I don't have ONE moment when I am not personally the most satisified person on the trip... and since I KNOW they can't do that, I won't bother to give them cash. Those trips are WAY WAY WAY overpriced IMHO!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter