Another New England DISmeet?

Any of you Central Mass. residents know anything about Kahula Restaurant in Sturbridge? I read online they serve all kinds of chinese and can accommodate large parties, but I've never been there so I don't know if it's decent or not. Thought it might be worth considering unless any of you guys dislike Chinese food.

Thanks,
stina :wave2:

stina said:
A few thoughts on the gift thing. I think it should be $10 or less. And I think the best way to approach it is that each woman, man and child brings a wrapped gift under $10 that they themselves would like. That way we have an even number of male, female and child-oriented gifts. The gifts don't HAVE to be super gender specific, but I just want to make sure we've got everyone covered. Each parent would be responsible for providing a gift from each of their children addressed to another child.

I agree with this. This will make it much easier. I think the children gifts shouldn't be gender specific, but, buy an age approp.geared to your childs age. Maybe put a tag on them that say (ex. ages 0-1, or 10-13yrs.).

I haven't been to a DisMeet before but my wheels are turning thinking of things. Maybe we can bring pictures of past trips to share, If anyone collects pins (we do, we do), you can bring them. Possibly do a pin swap. I'll come up with others later, I have to get back to work. (I'm at work, suppose to be working SSHH).

YES!! I said I had to get back to work, but, was still thinking. Isn't there a Outlet Mall somewhere near Worc/Auburn. Maybe there would be a rest. near there. Or how about a different direction and do up by Yankee Candle. There are alot of other things to do in Northampton, Holyoke area. There is also a Cracker Barrell right off 91 on the way to Yankee. But, just a suggestion, I'm in no matter where we go. Ok back to work.

I dunno - once you get out to the Northampton area, that's honestly too far :(

Much as I'd prefer the RFC ('cause I know where that is), I understand the desire for a centrally-located spot.

So, I will go anyplace from Boston to Worcester (okay, Sturbridge) near a major highway AND with clear directions... I don't suppose anybody'd consider the Cracker Barrel in Chelmsford? No? Didn't think so, but at least I know where that is :)

IMALOVNDISNEY said:
YES!! I said I had to get back to work, but, was still thinking. Isn't there a Outlet Mall somewhere near Worc/Auburn. Maybe there would be a rest. near there. Or how about a different direction and do up by Yankee Candle. There are alot of other things to do in Northampton, Holyoke area. There is also a Cracker Barrell right off 91 on the way to Yankee. But, just a suggestion, I'm in no matter where we go. Ok back to work.
The Worcester Outlets are a joke with no food there so they would be out.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Yes, I think putting child's age group on gift is thoughtful but how do we ensure that each age group supplied matches up with the correct number of children without making specific gift buying assignments?

I'm still investigating restaurants in the Worcester area, I've got a few calls to make. So far I've called Red Robin in Millbury and Uno's Chicago Grill in Sturbridge. Still on my list to call... Vinny T's in Shrewsbury and MargaritaGrill in Auburn. I think there is also a CrackerBarrel in Auburn.

One thing I think is that we should all wear something DISNEY, a hat, Tshirt whatever. That'd be fun. It would be so cool to do something like a Powerpoint slide show with pictures from everyone's vacations, but we'd really need conference room facilities for something like that. Wonder how much it would be to rent a hotel conference room and get some catering or a pot luck. Instead of full meals we could do appetizers and beverages. That would give us a space all our own with room to play music, have fun, interact. Just a thought... I will keep looking around and see what our options are!

Sorry, but I'm out. I just looked at my school schedule and I've got school Fri/Sat/Sun that weekend. If the weekend gets changed, let me know.

Hey Stina- :wave2:

Great job organizing!!! Just an FYI.....no crackerbarrel in Auburn. Closest is Sturbridge.

Also at the Millbury Shoppes.....(heaven on the hill is what the girls on our soccer team call it :rotfl: ) is Longhorn Steakhouse, Applebees, TGIFridays, and Pizzaria Uno's....I know that's not what they call it now...Chicagos???? :confused3

In Auburn there's an Outback, 99, Applebees, and many others. Right now it's escaping me, which makes me think I'm loosing my mind since I worked there for 7 years......... :lmao:

Once I get our winter soccer schedule I'll let you know if we can make it, it sounds like great fun!!! It would be me and my DD, 8.

It looks great!!

There are Cracker Barrels in Tweksberry, Sturbridge, Holyoke and Wrentham Those are the only four in MA. I work in the Wrentham one.

twotoohappy said:
Sorry, but I'm out. I just looked at my school schedule and I've got school Fri/Sat/Sun that weekend. If the weekend gets changed, let me know.
You better take me off the list as I'm not sure I can commit that day. Weekends I work at the barn take alot out of me so if I can get there I'll let Diane know!!!
TinaLala said:
There are Cracker Barrels in Tweksberry, Sturbridge, Holyoke and Wrentham Those are the only four in MA. I work in the Wrentham one.
Hey TinaLala - Sometimes when I get to the outlets I'm at CB - I'll have to keep a look out for you the next time I'm there!!!

Cinderella2004 thanks for the additional suggestions! By the way... are you on the list for the meet? I checked it and didn't see your name.

Ok, an update! I've made some progress.

Places I've called that will accomodate us:

- Uno's Chicago Grill, Sturbridge, MA

- Chuck's Steak House, Auburn, MA (not MargaritaGrill, too small)
kind of pricey $$

- Red Robin, Millbury, MA

- Vinny T's in Shrewsbury, as a catered event, private room, $32 per person - kind of pricey $$

I am going to call TGI Friday's & Applebee's in Millbury.

All of these places (except Vinny Ts) don't provide a private room, they simply provide a bunch of tables together, which is fine. I'm leaning towards a Friday's, Applebee's or Red Robin due to price and variety of cuisine. Chuck's Steak House and Vinny Ts seemed rather high. I've been estimating about 30 people in attendance. As such a large group we really need to reserve our spot about a week in advance if not sooner so they can accomodate us, which means getting the attendance list solid as soon as possible.

Here is the updated list as of today: (21 people)

stina (MA)
hannacanna (MA)
yearbook50 (MA)
momrek06 (MA)
Monte Cristo (RI)
Laura Bell
TinaLala (MA)
LisaB (MA)
Patsfan7 (MA)
Cthia (MA) + 2K (11 & 2)
goofy4tink (MA)
magiroux (MA)
Becky521 (NY)
zippeedee (MA)
IMALOVNDISNEY (CT) + 2A
allaboutmm (MA)
jayempey (MA)

See ya real soon!

Although I won't be leaving work in Boston until at least 1pm, so I might be a smidge late...

As for food choices, I happen to *love* Red Robin since it started where I grew up and there hasn't been one around here until just recently, but OK w/any of the choices listed, since it's really about the company....

Darn it, I wish I could be there. I lived in Paxton for 17 years, and I'd love an excuse to go back up there. I even know where the Cracker Barrel is in Sturbridge if it's there.

Hi!
Checking back in....

My party would include myself, and my DD (5) and my DS (1) My DH should be working that day boo hoo....

I will be happy to drive as long as it is not snowing
3.gif

DisneydaveCT said:
When is this DisMeet? I am in Hartford and can easily drive to the Sturbridge/Worcester Area.

It is Nov 19 @ 2 PM. For where it is going to be that is still undecided as of yet. Hope you can make it.

...but would love to go. Is there room for one more? The date works for me. I would need to know where it is before I can say for sure. ( I have plans for later that day)

I love all the ideas for the location. I have to say I did get all excited when someone mentioned the Rainforest Cafe. If feels like Disney :teeth:

Thanks!
Pam

stina said:
Cinderella2004 thanks for the additional suggestions! By the way... are you on the list for the meet? I checked it and didn't see your name.

Hi Stina!!!

Me and DD are going to try to come, I need to get her soccer schedule (hopefully tomorrow) to be sure. The plans are really coming together!!! Looks great!!!

YIPPEE SKIPPEE...this is getting so exciting!!!

:dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :dance3: :yay:

A DIS MEET...I cannot wait!!!

So many DISer's coming to the meet...that is so WICKED COOL!!!!! :teeth:

Hi guys...sorry, but I'm going to have to beg off on this one. Just got back from a church meeting this morning.....seems I have a huge conflict at the exact same time. Looks like I have to be at a church function at 2:00. Bummer. Maybe next time though. Have a ton of fun and take photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter