• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another move by Disney negatively impacting guests (re: Caribbean Beach)

I was going to cancel my reservation at CBR before they announced the refurb as I was in two minds, this $75 per night is tempting me to keep it haha

I've stayed places where there has been construction before, I can't think of the specifics when/where/how much now, but I remember not being personally that bothered by it. I'd personally keep my ressie, just build more "away from the resort and relax time elsewhere" into my plans. My main concern would be noise @ night keeping me from sleeping, and I know they wouldn't do construction @ night. That noise would come from other guests, and it's kind of frowned upon for me to choke them into not making noise loud enough to wake me. :jester: Go figure. :tongue:

On top of very little food I mean does anyone know if you can use your refill mug...I mean if not then there's another inconvenience

[begin rant]

hi All,

You may have seen that Disney announced major construction to start at the Caribbean Beach Resort that will eliminate all current food offerings, to be replaced by food trucks/cold food only.

People who already had vacations booked there are basically just being offered to be moved to another resort and any increase in price is their responsibility - so offering nothing in compensation

I have a friend in this situation, though it is magnified by the fact she has an autistic daughter with food aversions and this change means they cannot stay there and properly care for their child. They are a family of 5 and the only rooming options available would result in a significant higher cost - and they were told "too bad" ... so they are cancelling their trip.

They have been extremely loyal to Disney and big proponents of them - and this is how they are being treated

I know after the situation with the ADRs at Cinderella's Royal Table being cancelled for the special event several of us contacted Disney to voice our displeasure and got responses/explanations/some satisfaction - so thought I would mention this here should you be inclined to reach out about this as well. I just sent my e-mail to the executives.

I understand construction has to happen but this is a major project (will take 2 years to complete) and not a ton of notice and for there to be no compensation for people impacted ... just, where is the "show" or the "courtesy" to guests

[/end rant]

all the disneyUK package people on the UK disboard have been offered to move to POR at no additional cost.
So your friend should call disney again and request the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter