Another money grab...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered...because people really came out swinging their bats on this thread, but I just saw it as a discussion of whether there are getting to be too many liquor outlets and whether the booze should be limited to certain areas — valid topics for discussion. I haven’t heard anybody here say, “No Booze, No Where, No How.”

In any case, there have been some interesting posts here, some with food for thought and some just mean. Someone brought up the point that there are more food AND beverage outlets being added all the time, in order to better serve the increasing crowds. That makes a lot of sense to me, so I won’t panic that AK is going to become a pub crawl. I really wouldn’t like to see that happen.

And that’s it for me here on this thread.
YES ! Thank you ! Your take of my post is spot on . Exactly the intent . Nothing more , nothing less .

Well aware of that but I don't believe they should be there . Should be limited to TS restaurants at AK & MK ...just my opinion .

When I want a drink, I don't want to seek it out or waste precious time at a TS. If they had alcohol readily available every 50 feet through any park, I wouldn't care. It doesn't mean I'm going to stop at every single drink location, but having them plentiful is a bonus. I can't count the number of times we have gone to one of the outdoor lounges only to find all the seats taken. Adding another lounge is a step in the right direction.

Well I think it’s a great idea adding more places for drinks

People I’m sure wouldn’t be moaning if it was another food place. More options to me is always a good thing

Just hope I’m not to drunk to find it lol

I don't really consider this a "money grab". My definition of a money grab is charging for something that should be free or included. Charging for parking at a resort when you own the land is a money grab. Offering an optional item that the refusal of has absolutely no negative impact on my vacation or inconveniences me in any way doesn't meet my definition. YMMV.

I rarely drink and don't think I've had an alcoholic beverage in a Disney Park in years but if others want to go for it. Even at F&W I don't see the "falling over drunk" guests some posters talk about.

Pretty sure everyone understands your point. As people have already told you in this thread, just because we don't agree doesn't mean we don't understand you.
From the responses I have read , and I have read most of them , it does not seem like most people who have responded did understand my point . Not trying to be argumentative and am not trying to convince others with a different opinion that I am right and they are wrong . I was just glad to see someone who truly got the intent of my post .

I'm happy to see the option offered over that way. No more having to trek over to Asia to get a drink. Honestly, if any place i AK can be improved by a bit of alcohol, it's Dinoland.

From the responses I have read , and I have read most of them , it does not seem like most people who have responded did understand my point . Not trying to be argumentative and am not trying to convince others with a different opinion that I am right and they are wrong . I was just glad to see someone who truly got the intent of my post .
I think you're still confusing what people are saying though of course that's just my take on it.

At the heart of it you're saying in order to preserve 'family friendliness' you'd want to restrict alcohol to certain places (either park specific or TS). Others don't agree that such restriction needs to be there. That is a difference of opinion not a misunderstanding.

Alcohol has been available at AK for years. I remember having a drink way back in 2000 in the African area. There's a nice little bar there.

I think you're still confusing what people are saying though of course that's just my take on it.

At the heart of it you're saying in order to preserve 'family friendliness' you'd want to restrict alcohol to certain places (either park specific or TS). Others don't agree that such restriction needs to be there. That is a difference of opinion not a misunderstanding.
A lot of people did get that . At least for the most part . However , most of the posts I read suggested that most people felt that my intent was that alcohol doesn't belong at all in the parks , or that people who drink at Disney are creating a problem , or that any drinking is not "family friendly." One poster even suggested my post had some type of religious undertones . None of these beliefs are true . Not what I wrote , not what I suggested , implied , or intended .

A lot of people did get that . At least for the most part . However , most of the posts I read suggested that most people felt that my intent was that alcohol doesn't belong at all in the parks , or that people who drink at Disney are creating a problem , or that any drinking is not "family friendly." One poster even suggested my post had some type of religious undertones . None of these beliefs are true . Not what I wrote , not what I suggested , implied , or intended .

So...and go with me here..if you don't
Think alcohol doesnt belong at all in the park, or that people who drink are creating a problem or that drinking is not family friendly...what's the problem again?

However , most of the posts I read suggested that most people felt that my intent was that alcohol doesn't belong at all in the parks
What you suggested, implied, and even stated: Disney doesn't need any additional alcohol sales venues, especially not in AK or MK; It's [just] a money grab. Many/most of us simply disagree. Great Lakes responded eloquently
My definition of a money grab is charging for something that should be free or included. Charging for parking at a resort when you own the land is a money grab. Offering an optional item that the refusal of has absolutely no negative impact on my vacation or inconveniences me in any way doesn't meet my definition.

So...and go with me here..if you don't
Think alcohol doesnt belong at all in the park, or that people who drink are creating a problem or that drinking is not family friendly...what's the problem again?
My opinion was not that Disney didn't need more venues that serve alcohol but, that I felt , and just my opinion, that any new venues that they opened serving alcohol should be TS locations . Again, just my opinion .Didn't say there was currently a problem . What I did say was that "potentially" "if" this trend continues (not just Pizzafari but Woody's Lunchbox and Baseline Tap House) there "could" be a problem that "might" make the parks less family friendly (meaning families with small children primarily) .

My opinion was not that Disney didn't need more venues that serve alcohol but, that I felt , and just my opinion, that any new venues that they opened serving alcohol should be TS locations . Again, just my opinion .Didn't say there was currently a problem . What I did say was that "potentially" "if" this trend continues (not just Pizzafari but Woody's Lunchbox and Baseline Tap House) there "could" be a problem that "might" make the parks less family friendly (meaning families with small children primarily) .

You are Talking in circles. Be specific. WHY only table service? And why, if none of those things are a problem now with the proliferation of alcohol and number of places if is readily available, do you feel they will become a problem if new locations are added?

I suspect your real answer is that you simply don't like it. And that's fine. I don't like it because I don't drink and I wish they'd open an ice cream bar instead because that is something I would enjoy and partake in...but since it's a bar or lounge I just won't patronize it.

You are Talking in circles. Be specific. WHY only table service? And why, if none of those things are a problem now with the proliferation of alcohol and number of places if is readily available, do you feel they will become a problem if new locations are added?

I suspect your real answer is that you simply don't like it. And that's fine. I don't like it because I don't drink and I wish they'd open an ice cream bar instead because that is something I would enjoy and partake in...but since it's a bar or lounge I just won't patronize it.
Don't feel that I'm talking in circles just trying to clarify . My "opinion", based primarily on life experience, is that the more and easier accessibility to alcohol (meaning primarily carts, lounges, and QS locations) "could" mean more issues . Again I respect everyone elses opinion even if I don't agree and just want mine to be understood and respected as well .

Don't feel that I'm talking in circles just trying to clarify . My "opinion", based primarily on life experience, is that the more and easier accessibility to alcohol (meaning primarily carts, lounges, and QS locations) "could" mean more issues . Again I respect everyone elses opinion even if I don't agree and just want mine to be understood and respected as well .

Its a big stretch you're making to have that opinion. Best of luck to you.

Its a big stretch you're making to have that opinion. Best of luck to you.
Think of it this way...impulse items near the registers everywhere we shop...every supermarket , drug store , gas station , etc. ...years ago all of these retailers discovered that the easier accessible these items were the more they would sell . It used to be just candy , gym , mints , and magazines ...now add soda/drinks , chips , nuts , cookies , protein bars , phone chargers , etc. ...More access , easier access , more sales . Same principal Disney seems to maybe be using here ...in my opinion .

My "opinion", based primarily on life experience, is that the more and easier accessibility to alcohol (meaning primarily carts, lounges, and QS locations) "could" mean more issues
Could also - and more easily - NOT mean more issues
More access , easier access , more sales . Same principal Disney seems to maybe be using here ...in my opinion
Every lunch and dinner on the Dining Plans include an alcoholic beverage if the diner chooses. Offering alcohol in QS venues simply enables diners to make this choice. In no way is any visitor reached or commanded to purchase or consume liquor.

You are thinking that there are more and more venues with alcohol. What you do not see is that the parks are expanding exponentially. Avatar Land, Toy Story Land, etc. The parks are growing, the guest numbers are growing, and as such, more venues for food and drinks are needed (not a "money grab" but for convenience and nothing else).

How is it that a parent of a young child does not "deserve" to have an adult beverage while walking around a theme park on vacation, or is doing something not "family friendly" or wrong? Heck, often I needed that beer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter