Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

romandannette: Humour me 'cause I really need it, "Canada's divided" and all.. pfft!

Your vacation, What did you like the most? What the least?

And How do you pronounce poutine? :teeth:

Last edited:
romandannette: Humour me 'cause I really need it, "Canada's divided" and all.. pfft!

Your vacation, What did you like the most? What the least?

And How do you pronounce poutine? :teeth:
I'd humour you if I could but I don't really know what you mean by the bolded. :confused3

We loved everything about the holiday, except the plane ride which is torture at the best of times. We were in Toronto, Ottawa and Niagara Falls and all of it was uniformly wonderful. The weather was bright and golden (if maybe a little chilly) and the scenery was beautiful. Due to the Covid situation we didn't really have significant contact with anyone (other than our family in Ottawa) but everyone we encountered briefly were perfectly congenial. We didn't like your sales tax but were surprised to find that practically everything out there is less expensive than here so it kind of made up for it. We'll definitely be back and would like to spend a lot more time in Toronto specifically (we're city people), when restrictions are lifted.

How does anybody pronounce poutine? There are only two ways I've ever heard: poo-teen or poo-tin. Everybody here says it poo-teen unless they're francophone and then it's poo-tin.

I'd humour you if I could but I don't really know what you mean by the bolded. :confused3

We loved everything about the holiday, except the plane ride which is torture at the best of times. We were in Toronto, Ottawa and Niagara Falls and all of it was uniformly wonderful. The weather was bright and golden (if maybe a little chilly) and the scenery was beautiful. Due to the Covid situation we didn't really have significant contact with anyone (other than our family in Ottawa) but everyone we encountered briefly were perfectly congenial. We didn't like your sales tax but were surprised to find that practically everything out there is less expensive than here so it kind of made up for it. We'll definitely be back and would like to spend a lot more time in Toronto specifically (we're city people), when restrictions are lifted.

How does anybody pronounce poutine? There are only two ways I've ever heard: poo-teen or poo-tin. Everybody here says it poo-teen unless they're francophone and then it's poo-tin.

The throne speech had the Conservative party leader commenting that we Canadians are further divided as a country by Trudeau, where I'm here thinking we were/are all in this together.

Last edited:
The throne speech had the Conservative party leader commenting that we Canadians are further divided as a country by Trudeau, where I'm here thinking we were/are all in this together.
Politics will always be politics and yes, regional interests are definitely "a thing" and legitimately so, but in this time of health-crisis I would say we are very unified in that regard.
The remarks of all the opposition party leaders were referring more to economic issues than anything related to our practical Covid response. AFAIK, there has been no leader at any level or of any political stripe that has voiced any dissent against the measures and restrictions that have been imposed or the recommendations of health authorities.

Last edited:
Politics will always be politics and yes, regional interests are definitely "a thing" and legitimately so, but in this time of health-crisis I would say we are very unified in that regard.
The remarks of all the opposition party leaders were referring more to economic issues than anything related to our practical Covid response. AFAIK, there has been no leader at any level or of any political stripe that has voiced any dissent against the measures and restrictions that have been imposed or the recommendations of health authorities.

Agree. However, not entirely after the current Conservative leader's remarks to the press immediately following the Throne Speech. In the Liberal Party's defense as said: Now is not the time for austerity.

Last edited:
Well that was unsettling. Three medical visits in quick order in this Covid19 environment... sigh.

Then the needed biopsy procedure on Thursday morning. There was a surgeon, med student, ultra sound tech, and me in a 10' x10' room for an hour, all wearing masks.

Now I wait for two weeks minimum for the results... sigh.

Well that was unsettling. Three medical visits in quick order in this Covid19 environment... sigh.

Then the needed biopsy procedure on Thursday morning. There was a surgeon, med student, ultra sound tech, and me in a 10' x10' room for an hour, all wearing masks.

Godspeed and keep us posted. :flower3:

:hug:'s

:hug: try to hang in there Jane!

My oldest DS (40) had a Covid test on Wed, 9/28 because he had only a cough ( no other "covid" symptoms) but my DIL sent him to get tested anyway. Found out the very next day (Thurs) he was negative but still couldn't go to his doctor the next day (Friday) for his yearly exam because of his cough. Go figure. :rolleyes:

.......and nice to see you, Dan. :love:

:hug: try to hang in there Jane!

I am as is Dh, well as best we can.

Tonight we had our Sunday supper, and I thought something was missing. We cleaned up after supper, and when I got to the stove saw that my Dh had placed the pot of mashed potatoes I had requested for our dinner on a back burner after he had lovingly cooked and mashed them.

We had them as an Irish dessert! :love2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter