• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Great Trip to WDW!

donmil723

Stormalong Bay/Castaway Cay Beach Bum
We just returned from another magical vacation to WDW-10/21/06 to 10/27/06.

Highlights:

Magical Express--This was the first time we used ME as we usually rent a car. We got off our plane at 3:10 p.m., stopped at the restroom, went to Side B and pretty much got right on our ME bus. Our bus stopped at CBR and BW before going on to BC. We were checking in at 4:10 p.m. and in our room at 4:25 p.m.

Garden Grocer
--We called Brian at GG when we arrived at BCV and they delivered our groceries within 30 minutes. They did forget a cooler with our perishables but that was delivered about 30 minutes later to bell services while we were at dinner at the Yacht Club Galley. That was such a convenience to have groceries delivered and not have to spend precious vacation time at the grocery store. We will definitely use Garden Grocer again!!!!!

MNSSHP--This was the third time DH and I have been to MNSSHP and our DD's first time. We had a great time riding the rides, watching the fireworks and parade, and trick or treating! We brought home 2 gallon size ziplock bags of candy. Unfortunately, it was too cool to wear our Lifeguard costumes so we wore matching long sleeve MNSSHP t-shirts which I made the day before we left home.

Food & Wine Festival--We had a wonderful time sampling different foods and wine from around the world. DD is 21 so she really enjoyed this too. We each brought home two bottles of wine. I was afraid about packing them in our checked bags but the SWA skycap put Fragile stickers on them and they made it home safely.

Segway Tour--FANTASTIC! DH and I did the one hour Simply Segway Experience last year and loved it so I booked the 2 hour Around the World on a Segway Tour this time so DD could enjoy it too! I don't think she quit smiling for hours after it was over! And, we were lucky to get to ride the newer version which they had just received 3 days prior to our tour on 10/26. These are so much more user friendly because you just lean the handlebar/column toward the direction you want to turn instead of turning the grip on the handlebar.

Overall, it was a wonderful trip. The weather was hot and sunny on Sunday which was perfect for our SAB day but then started to cool off. It was a little too cool for me and DD on Tuesday but we still got in our pool time everyday. DH liked the cooler weather!

Our room at BCV was great! We had room #438, a 1 BR, which overlooked the pool. It had a long, narrow balcony that spanned the width of both the living room and bedroom. Delilah checked us in and said it was a non smoking room but it was actually smoking optional. Thankfully, we didn't smell any smoke at all in the room and since it had such a wonderful balcony we stayed put. I just wish the front desk staff at BC were better informed. She also told us they would deliver new keys to our room Sunday morning since our first night was a cash discount booked through MS. No keys on Sunday though and since ours still worked I didn't worry about it. Also, she told us we were not eligible for express checkout since we were in the villas. When I signed the charge slip I marked the box for express checkout just like I have always done before but we didn't get our bill on our door on checkout day. Is express checkout not an option for DVCers any longer???? I had to go to the front desk to get it. Also we didn't get our ME info on the day before we left either. No problem with that though as I just called ME and they told me our pickup time. Don't know if Delilah failed to do something with that too or not.

Probably the best news is that DH wants me to check about adding on some points so I plan to call our guide first thing Monday morning!!!! He really liked the one bedroom!

Any questions, just ask!

Donna

P.S. Simba's Mom, I thought of you as I ate my gelato!!!!!!

Hi!! It sounds like you had an awesome trip!

I am going to WDW from December 1st-9th. I haven't been in many years. I was thinking about doing the Segway tour. Is it hard to ride the Segway's? Would you recommend the 1 hour or 2 hour for the first time doing the tour? Are you supposed to have reservations? What did you do exactly? Would it be worth giving up EE hours to do the tour instead?

Thanks for an insight you can offer.

PS...im new at the chat thing, so i hope i did the reply correctly :)

I don't think I will ever be able to safely stay at BCV. That gelato would be WAY too handy. Addictive! Glad your stay was grand.

Welcome back! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed the Segway! My DH and I have done it almost every trip for the last 2 years! Lots of fun. Funny about the express checkout! We were at SSR 4 weeks ago and got ours. Did you have a CC on the room? I know that can cause you to have to manually check out.

Welcome Back and sounds like you had a great trip. Can you emphasize more on the gelato? I had vaguely read something about it on another thread. Where inside the Beach Club is it? I swear I have been to WDW around 10 times and have never tried it and would love to :bitelip:

I am going to WDW from December 1st-9th. I haven't been in many years. I was thinking about doing the Segway tour. Is it hard to ride the Segway's? Would you recommend the 1 hour or 2 hour for the first time doing the tour? Are you supposed to have reservations? What did you do exactly? Would it be worth giving up EE hours to do the tour instead?

I think the Segways are very easy to ride. The hardest part is standing on them for almost 2 hours. Since you haven't been to WDW for many years, I'm sure there are many things you want to do and see. I would probably recommend the 1 hour tour first as it was offered in the early afternoon. That way you could do all the major rides early in the morning and not feel like you were missing out on something. On the one hour tour, you do not get to ride around the World Showcase. We did get to go outside to a little courtyard near Innoventions West and ride for about 15 minutes.

Welcome Back and sounds like you had a great trip. Can you emphasize more on the gelato? I had vaguely read something about it on another thread. Where inside the Beach Club is it? I swear I have been to WDW around 10 times and have never tried it and would love to

Gelato is an Italian ice cream and you can purchase it at the Beach Club Marketplace. The Beach Club Marketplace is in the same place as the BC store. It is really smooth and creamy and has less fat than regular ice cream.

Donna

Great trip report Donna!

Did you scope out where the other smoking rooms were on the 4th floor? I know all in that wing are but have been unsure about those between the elevator and wing.

Did you scope out where the other smoking rooms were on the 4th floor? I know all in that wing are but have been unsure about those between the elevator and wing.

Lisa--After I realized our room #438 was a smoking optional room because it didn't have the little non-smoking emblem above the door handle (I'm dense sometimes LOL), I did start looking. On the main hallway, Rooms #425-438 are smoking optional. And, like you mentioned, the rooms down that one wing on the fourth floor are also smoking optional. Those numbers are 439-452. The rooms marked on the BCV map on www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv as smoking optional are correct.

I was so amazed that we didn't smell any smoke as I'm very sensitive to it. They either haven't had any smokers in there recently or they did an awesome job of cleaning it.

Donna

donmil723 said:
Lisa--After I realized our room #438 was a smoking optional room because it didn't have the little non-smoking emblem above the door handle (I'm dense sometimes LOL), I did start looking. On the main hallway, Rooms #425-438 are smoking optional. And, like you mentioned, the rooms down that one wing on the fourth floor are also smoking optional. Those numbers are 439-452. The rooms marked on the BCV map on www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-bcv as smoking optional are correct.

Thanks for the information Donna! I knew you would have looked at the other doors!

How is BCV looking to you? Hearing some room reports does make one a tad nervous. :teeth:

Since we have stayed only at BCV this next time we are staying at VWL for the first half and on a wait list for BWV.

Well, to me it looked fine! I mean there were some stains on the carpet both in our room and in the hallway but I've got some stains on my carpet at home. I can't afford to replace my carpet every time something gets spilled on it and I can't get it all cleaned up so I don't expect that at BCV. Had to have maintenance replace the clothesline in shower and a couple of light bulbs but they did so promptly. Table wasn't as chipped as others we have had in our room.

The new chairs in the Breezeway are already stained and don't look very good. Someone mentioned on here that the pastel color of these chairs was not a good choice and I have to agree.

I guess the only thing that really bothered me was that they replaced a few of the tiles along the top edge of the hot tub with a solid light blue tile. The others have a design. I thought that looked cheesy. However, I did see two contractors measuring both the pool and hot tub and heard them talking about replacing the tiles so hopefully they will replace it all so it doesn't look like its been patched up. I also talked to a DVC management CM at the quiet pool and told him that the jets in the hot tub just don't work properly and haven't for as long as I can remember. He said no one had ever mentioned it before. Apparently, he never read any of my BCV surveys!!! :confused3

Overall, I thought the BCVs looked great! Of course, I'm always so happy to be "home" that I can easily accept it if things are a little less than perfect. We had such a great trip that DH said to go ahead and get our name on the waitlist for more points--but only at BCV!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'll be anxious to hear how you like your stay at VWL as I know how much you also love BCV. We keep thinking we'll stay there as we love the decor but we just can't bring ourselves to leave the BC/BW area. BWV are nice too but we just don't feel as much at home there as we do at BCV. We're hopeless, I know!!!! :rolleyes:

Donna

donmil723 said:

. I also talked to a DVC management CM at the quiet pool and told him that the jets in the hot tub just don't work properly and haven't for as long as I can remember. He said no one had ever mentioned it before. Apparently, he never read any of my BCV surveys!!! :confused3

Donna

In May when we mentioned this, we were told that something was just "too far away" and that it just will always be the way they are. :confused3
Bobbi

Great report, and if they have new Segways, I KNOW we will have to do this again, since it will be a different experience! Is there still a DVC discount for that tour?

Great report, and if they have new Segways, I KNOW we will have to do this again, since it will be a different experience! Is there still a DVC discount for that tour?

Yes, I think it is 15%. Disney Visa Cardholders also get a discount.

Donna

The Disney Visa used to be the deepest discount with DVC, AP, and AAA at 15% off, and Visa at 20% off. We too did not have the envelope on our door for checkout, although I had supplied a credit card for our brief stay for F & W. We have previously stayed in 444 in a smoking optional room, and I didn't know it was smoking optional until I was checking out some maps! This last trip we were in 240 which is a dedicated studio. I did discover that 253 is a 2 Queen 2 bedroom with an incredibly long balcony as it was adjacent to ours.

I do enjoy BCV especially during F & W.

Express Check out is available, unless it is has changed recently and I see no reason for it to have.

donmil723 said:
Well, to me it looked fine! I mean there were some stains on the carpet both in our room and in the hallway but I've got some stains on my carpet at home. I can't afford to replace my carpet every time something gets spilled on it and I can't get it all cleaned up so I don't expect that at BCV. Had to have maintenance replace the clothesline in shower and a couple of light bulbs but they did so promptly. Table wasn't as chipped as others we have had in our room.

The new chairs in the Breezeway are already stained and don't look very good. Someone mentioned on here that the pastel color of these chairs was not a good choice and I have to agree.

Overall, I thought the BCVs looked great! Of course, I'm always so happy to be "home" that I can easily accept it if things are a little less than perfect. We had such a great trip that DH said to go ahead and get our name on the waitlist for more points--but only at BCV!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'll be anxious to hear how you like your stay at VWL as I know how much you also love BCV. We keep thinking we'll stay there as we love the decor but we just can't bring ourselves to leave the BC/BW area. BWV are nice too but we just don't feel as much at home there as we do at BCV. We're hopeless, I know!!!! :rolleyes:

I'm glad to hear that BCV seemed to be doing fine. You have a great long range view of BCV.

I agree that some of the choices made by the designers were not as durable as I think they should be. The dining table has a thin wood veneer that is easily chiped. The benches at the table are cloth, not removable and difficult to clean(what were they thinking?). I love the light beachy colors but they do show the scuffs and stains easily.

Yeh, we always reserve at 11 months and then can't bring ourselves to switch at 7. I wanted to try VWL but don't think it will be our favorite. When we go down in Feb. to WDW we crave warmth and sun (we don't see much sun for many months in Rochester). VWL is very impressive with terrific theming but might not be our vacation home. Looking forward to trying, maybe I'll end up loving it! I'm also curious about BWV and hope our waitlist comes through for the second half of our trip (waitlisted for all three days at once). I want to see how the other half lives across the pond.

Going for more BCV points? I keep trying to rationalize some AKV points. When I get all the details I'll approach DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter