Another Becky With ADRs the Same Time As Me

She printed out the copy, stamped it and handed it to me. I looked down at the Ryan Hunter *****, felt like crying, but saw something even more puzzling! I looked at the woman and asked "Who are Catherine and Brian???" She said "Arent you Catherine?" Umm..no!

That scares me. If you weren't an honest person, that employee would have been the largest idiot in the world. It's too easy to get a copy of a stranger's birth certificate, hello identity theft!

My ADRs are for 2... and my other party may no longer be attending.. you think the restaurants are gonna give me a problem. ;)

My first name is a very common one to pronounced but it's spelled differently than most other people with that name. And it's a nickname of another name so people automatically assume my legal first name is the longer name. It's not. My father went by Bob his entire life but had to write everything with Robert. He decided that his girls wouldn't have to do that. And it took a trip to my sister's fourth grade teacher with a birth certificate to prove my sister's name is Sandy, not Sandra!

And my maiden name is unusual. Only four letters but I had to spell it all the time. So all through my single life, I was spelling my first and last names. Both start with an "S" so I was practiced in saying "S" as in Sam.

Then I got married. It took me three months to learn how to spell my last name! Plus, the pronouncation is very close to a regular spelled name so we often get our information stored under "Mc******" when our last name starts with an "N". So now I have to spell my first name and my last name for the rest of my life. Only this time it's "N" as in Nancy.

If anyone ever has the exact name as me, I'd really like to meet them. For the last name, there are only 11 of us in the United States. Wait - 13 now with my daughter-in-law and grandson.

My first name is a very common one to pronounced but it's spelled differently than most other people with that name. And it's a nickname of another name so people automatically assume my legal first name is the longer name. It's not. My father went by Bob his entire life but had to write everything with Robert. He decided that his girls wouldn't have to do that. And it took a trip to my sister's fourth grade teacher with a birth certificate to prove my sister's name is Sandy, not Sandra!

And my maiden name is unusual. Only four letters but I had to spell it all the time. So all through my single life, I was spelling my first and last names. Both start with an "S" so I was practiced in saying "S" as in Sam.

Then I got married. It took me three months to learn how to spell my last name! Plus, the pronouncation is very close to a regular spelled name so we often get our information stored under "Mc******" when our last name starts with an "N". So now I have to spell my first name and my last name for the rest of my life. Only this time it's "N" as in Nancy.

If anyone ever has the exact name as me, I'd really like to meet them. For the last name, there are only 11 of us in the United States. Wait - 13 now with my daughter-in-law and grandson.

I can sign my name as either Becky or Rebecca... both are my legal name. My parents did that with us 3 eldest: Victoria/Vicki, Rebecca/Becky, Elizabeth/Kelly.

Its kinda funny, because all my credit cards say "Becky" but when I sign I sign Rebecca.

And it's a nickname of another name so people automatically assume my legal first name is the longer name. It's not. My father went by Bob his entire life but had to write everything with Robert. He decided that his girls wouldn't have to do that. And it took a trip to my sister's fourth grade teacher with a birth certificate to prove my sister's name is Sandy, not Sandra!

My DH knows all about this - his name is Dan, not Daniel. He's had countless teachers, supervisors, etc insist that his name is Daniel. A social group he belongs to accidentally put Daniel on his membership card (the group knew it was Dan but the printer didn't), of course they changed the card but now he's known as "Just Dan."

I can sign my name as either Becky or Rebecca... both are my legal name. My parents did that with us 3 eldest: Victoria/Vicki, Rebecca/Becky, Elizabeth/Kelly.

Its kinda funny, because all my credit cards say "Becky" but when I sign I sign Rebecca.

I read that fine until the Kelly part? There must be a story there!!

Wow I would change to your husband's name - doesn't matter if you have your numbers or a printout - if they are cancelled by mistake - they are cancelled!

If I were married to my exboyfriend... which is who I was planning on traveling with... there would be no worries. But his first name is very common as well as mine (so if he were my husband, and my name was common, his would be also). I will not change them to his name, because there is a huge chance he is not going.

When my friend and her family checked-in at the all star Movies last year the CM said, "Wow, there are 3 other guests reservations with the same first/last name staying here right now."

Miss Johnson is her name.

I would panic if a CM told me that - as far as I know (and it's been a while since anyone did a family tree), I'm the only person in this country with my name-and-spelling. We're pretty sure it was changed at Ellis Island, so it's uncommon outside the U.S. as well. Not that anyone else would want to be me...

But I know all about the spelling thing. It's really simple, but as I said uncommon, name - so I'm always doing the same "X-as-in-xray, Z-as-in-zebra, Y-as-in-yoyo..." thing on the phone. Couple that with living on a street with a very long and unusual name - and my phone calls usually take 25% longer than anyone else's ;)

I don't think that my name is THAT common. I mean everyone knows my first name is Becky. Semi-common, I've only met 2 others in my life. Maybe it's not really that common?:confused3 But my last name is not a Johnson, Jones, Smith or anything like that. It is only 5 letters and I do have to spell it out.

I did call and changed my ADRs to Rebecca instead of Becky. Unless the other Becky finds out about all this and calls to change hers to Rebecca also, I think it's ok now.

Years ago I remember my mother having a terrible time getting things squared away after the DMV in our state gave another woman with the same first and last name and same middle initial the same driver's license number that she already had. This other woman had credit problems that opened a can of worms for my mother with a bunch of things showing up on her credit report that didn't belong to her. Eventually the DMV changed her driver's license number by adding an additional digit to the end :rolleyes:

Why don't you add to your existing ADR's either a middle initial or a disney middle name....as in Becky Cinderella Smith....or something like that? :flower3:

I always call about a week after making my ADR's to go over ADR/conf# by ADR/conf# to make sure everything is in there as I expect....and then I do it again about a week before we leave just to be sure :thumbsup2

I also double check to make sure the stove is turned off & the doors are locked at night but that's another story :rotfl2:

Why don't you add to your existing ADR's either a middle initial or a disney middle name....as in Becky Cinderella Smith....or something like that? :flower3:

I always call about a week after making my ADR's to go over ADR/conf# by ADR/conf# to make sure everything is in there as I expect....and then I do it again about a week before we leave just to be sure :thumbsup2

I also double check to make sure the stove is turned off & the doors are locked at night but that's another story :rotfl2:

I call once a month (and a couple times this week so far) for my ADRs...

The stove and locks on the doors is another story. I have an OCD with my car locks. I don't have keyless. I will continue to go to my car to make sure the doors are locked. I've actually just got very good with it, about not checking that is. But a couple weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night and had to run to my car to make sure my doors were locked. I'm not supposed to check. I have to have ppl watch me to make sure I don't.

One morning I came home and found the oven on... 500 degrees. No one was awake. I turned it off... found out that my sister was making brownies and forgot to turn it off (what kinda brownies cook at 500).

OMGosh - I am the same way! In fact, that's the catchphrase my entire family asks when we are pulling out of the driveway - "is the oven off"?!? just because I am so weird about it. And my car has to be locked inside our garage everynight (because it's a hybrid and if it's locked I know there isn't a light or door open) and it drives my DH just absolutely nuts! :rolleyes: This is too funny! Although my first name is very uncommon, my last name only somewhat uncommon - DH seems to always run into someone by his name, most recently at a state park. We checked in and they said "oh - you are the other ___ ___". Turns out they tried to give the first guy both of the campsites :rotfl:
BeckWhy - sounds like you should be good to go. Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter