Another American Girl ?

etwinchester

DIS Veteran
I recently purchased Marisol for DD for Christmas. Last year I got her the bathtub, hair center and the styling set. She won't get those till her birthday, which is in January.

Is there anything else that is good to have for the 18" dolls? My daughter has the bitty baby so this will be her first bigger doll and I didn't know what else is good to get.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Some clothes would be nice. Also the beds are cute with little spreads. I got DD's a sleeping bag at Target and plan on getting to futon as well.

Thanks. I just put a pajama set and outfit in my basket.

I really like the 3-in-1 bed but that is just a lot of money for a doll bed. She'll probably take the doll with her in bed anyway....I'd hate to waste the money.

Last year I got dd the 3 in one bed- she LOVES it . Plays with it all the time. I even caved this year and got her the Felicity bed set(she is getting Felicity from my mother thank goodness) The bed is the one item that she really plays with(hey she even makes that bed not her own though lol) Now she loves all the little things- the clothes ect. I second the Target stuff. That makes some good reasonable price fillers- I am getting the tent from them and I think the sleeping bag- sense a trend here..... with the sleeping...... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll save up and get that next year. I'm taking a New York trip next December and plan on getting her the American Girl Today Doll. Maybe I can save up and get the bed for Christmas. It still just seems a lot for a bed...

Hope I can catch a really good coupon code for that one!!!

If you are taking a trip to New York next year, I'd save $$ and take your daughter to New York with you and visit the American Girl Place. She can bring her doll and eat lunch in the cafe. Plus, she can shop for her doll while she is there. It would be a trip she would never forget. My opinion, much better than spending a fortune on the bed.

We are going next year but it's an adult girl family trip (no children). We are taking a bus trip overnight and going to see the lights and do some xmas shopping. Santa will be bringing her next doll.

I'd love to take her up there some time for maybe a day bus trip, but this trip is for adults (I'm with DD 24/7, almost) and need some fun girl time.

I'll have to check out the cafe and prices for a day trip for just the two of us.

The prices for the meals are pretty reasonable for NYC anyway- about $20 a person. But it is worth every penny IMHO- so cute. My dd LOVES this place and she even ate stuff she normally hates just because AG made it. lol

Target sell Generation Girls. They are 18' dolls that although similar, are not the same quality as the AG.

DD used some birthday money to purchase some Generations Girls. Also, last Christmas she got an AG Today Girl and Santa brought some of the Generation Girl outfits that fit the AG fine.

The AG 3 in 1 bed is just way too much money for us to spend. We have 5 children and that would put us way over budget.

Santa found a canopy bed for the Generation Girl last year. For DD's birhtday she got the GG bedding - pretty cute with mattress, comforter and pillows. DD loves it.

Oh, last year Santa found a really neat wooden case. It folded open and had a place for the doll, 2 drawers and a hanging rod(think closet). Santa bought it a Michaels Craft store. Michaels also carries pretty gold hangers that work nice with the AG and GG girls clothing.

etwinchester said:
Thanks. I'll have to check out Target some time for outfits and accessories.

I hope your Target is better stocked than ours! My daughter is getting the bitty twins from grandma. I went to pick up some outfits today and they had two outfits left! Oh well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter