Annual Reading Challenge--2020

willowsnn3

DIS Veteran
I look forward to the reading challenge every year, so volunteered to start the thread for 2020. I really don't look at it as a challenge, mostly a place to keep up with books I have read & also to read other posters reviews to find new books/authors.

Just post how many you 'challenge' yourself to read this year, title of book & author's name and a brief review if you like and I will try to keep up. Also you don't have to have a quota to participate. I love to see what people are reading & get a lot of good reads from y'all.

Looking forward to the new year & new books to read!

I have gone over my goal the last couple years so will raise it to 60 books, this time around.

I am off work on Mondays, so will try to do any updates then, but don't hold me to any 'strict' policies, lol.

Readers:

allenfane-------------5/12
BLTtinkerbell-----------1
bobbiwoz----------26/80
BonnieF--------------12/50
bostonKyle-----------6/35
caroline5177---------2/24
cavem915------------75
Cogswel_Cogs-------4/15
Colleen27-----------32/156
daydreamer101-------4/25
Deffenm--------------35
Disney_Alli-----------19/75
drwitz---------------17/50
FlightlessDuck-------17
Heather07438-------12
JayMass--------------6/30
jen7233--------------3/20
JennM----------------6/42
jf256------------------4/55
kaytieeldr------------05
KevM-----------------15/52
Kirby------------------1
Lumpy1106----------1/20
luvmarypoppins-----3/30
melk-----------------12/25
MGMmjl--------------11/30
Mini22----------------15/35
mmouse37-----------8/40
monarchsfan16-------22/30
OKW8297-----------17/25
Peachy0118----------2/35
SaintsManiac---------11/30
Shellsbutt------------9/25
Simba's Mom--------14/56
supergirl104------------24
Swimnoid-------------16/75
TammyNC-------------7/20
Tiggerish-------------22/80
tiggrbaby------------26/90
Virge-----------------4/50
wendy1985----------1/20
willowsnn3----------18/60

Last edited:

willowsnn3

DIS Veteran
1. The Last Widow by Karin Slaughter (local author)
2. The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane
3. The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
4. The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
5. The Walk by Lee Goldberg ('W' in title)
6. The Little Old Lady Who Broke All The Rules by Catharina Ingleman (senior character)
7. I Am Still Alive by Kate Alice Marshall (set in winter)
8. Iron Lake by William Kent Krueger
9. What Rose Forgot by Nevada Barr
10. Shamed by Linda Castillo
11. The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
12. Broken Things by Lauren Oliver
13. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
14. We Are Called To Rise by Laura McBride
15. The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
16. Lost You by Haylen Beck
17. Maid-Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive by Stephanie Land
18. Kingdomtide by Rye Curtis
19. Edgeland by Jake Halpern

Last edited:

cavem915

Earning My Ears
Hoping to get back to 75 books this year. My first book of the year is The Fowl Twins by Eoin Colfer. I read the Artemis Fowl series back in the day and have been waiting forever for Disney to release the movie version.

• willowsnn3

DIS Veteran
    Hoping to get back to 75 books this year. My first book of the year is The Fowl Twins by Eoin Colfer. I read the Artemis Fowl series back in the day and have been waiting forever for Disney to release the movie version.
    Welcome!
    I think I have that series on one of my many to be read lists. I really need to re organize those lists, lol.

Wendy1985

Mouseketeer
    Can it be a book we started in 2019, can it be half audio and actual reading, sometimes while doing chores I will listen at bed time I will actually read it

Tiggerish

DIS Veteran
    Thanks willowsnn3 for getting this year's thread going. I am in for 80 books this year. That is substantially less than last year but I am probably going to accept a position (unpaid :)} on my apartment building's tenant council and there is a battle brewing over some continuing violations of our leases by management. If I join the fight it will mean substantially less time for reading.

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
    Hi! I’m setting 75 as my goal again for this year. I enjoy reading about books on this thread, and have read many that I have enjoyed because they were mentioned here.

Thank you for handling this thread!

Bobbi :)

• willowsnn3

DIS Veteran
    Can it be a book we started in 2019, can it be half audio and actual reading, sometimes while doing chores I will listen at bed time I will actually read it
    Absolutely! Any book completed in 2020 counts. Welcome aboard.

Thanks willowsnn3 for getting this year's thread going. I am in for 80 books this year. That is substantially less than last year but I am probably going to accept a position (unpaid :)} on my apartment building's tenant council and there is a battle brewing over some continuing violations of our leases by management. If I join the fight it will mean substantially less time for reading.
    Glad to see you back for this year. I think the 'unpaid' positions are more time consuming than the paid ones sometimes. Good luck.

Hi! I’m setting 75 as my goal again for this year. I enjoy reading about books on this thread, and have read many that I have enjoyed because they were mentioned here.
    Thank you for handling this thread!
    Bobbi :)
    Good to see you are here again also. Thanks.

I will go with 30 books again this year.
    Yay! Glad you are back also.

• Kirby

DIS Veteran
    Thank you for continuing this! I'm not going to challenge myself because I am always reading when I can, just don't seem to have as much time as I use to. There was a time when I could read over 100 books a year but I've slowed down quite a bit. I'll check in and let you know what I've finished and to see what all of you are reading. I can always count on finding a good book to read here.

JennM

Mouseketeer
    I've done a reading challenge on Goodreads for the past several years, so I might as well do it here for accountability too. :) My goal for 2020 is 42 books. Have not started the first one yet!

mmouse37

DCL Diva!!
    My goal last year was 30 and I passed that so I'll challenge myself to 40 this year. We watch 3 grandkids under 4 full time so it really may be a challenge LOL!!

I started in 2020 a book called the Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson which I love. Not finished yet but really enjoying it.

Good luck to all in the New Year!

MJ

Shellsbutt

Mouseketeer
    I took the goodreads.com challenge as well last year, did not even come close! So let's cut it in half and try for 25 this year.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.