Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is all kinds of crazy! I was just out floating around in the pool and it hit me that if I am going to WDW in August, why the heck am I staying at a resort that does NOT have access to Storm-along Bay. So, I think to myself, "If I can score a room at either the Yacht or Beach Club for around $300 per night, why not? I can suck it up and use Magical Express [yuck] and what I save on parking and a rental car will make up the difference." Well, not only are $300-ish rooms available at the Yacht Club and Beach Club--you can also spend around $300/night at the Boardwalk Villas, Boardwalk Inn, and the Beach Club Villas--all on the Summer AP Discount. Can you say "low occupancy?" Even for the nights before and after the first day of Food & Wine? You bet there will be AP discounts for the fall some time soon!

So, yes I booked Beach Club. I will float around in Storm-along Bay, walk to Epcot AND Hollywood Now I am going even without AP previews. Probably. ;-)

So, this is all kinds of crazy! I was just out floating around in the pool and it hit me that if I am going to WDW in August, why the heck am I staying at a resort that does NOT have access to Storm-along Bay. So, I think to myself, "If I can score a room at either the Yacht or Beach Club for around $300 per night, why not? I can suck it up and use Magical Express [yuck] and what I save on parking and a rental car will make up the difference." Well, not only are $300-ish rooms available at the Yacht Club and Beach Club--you can also spend around $300/night at the Boardwalk Villas, Boardwalk Inn, and the Beach Club Villas--all on the Summer AP Discount. Can you say "low occupancy?" Even for the nights before and after the first day of Food & Wine? You bet there will be AP discounts for the fall some time soon!

So, yes I booked Beach Club. I will float around in Storm-along Bay, walk to Epcot AND Hollywood Now I am going even without AP previews. Probably. ;-)

I love the BC. We’re staying at AKL, which I love. But SAB is such an amazing pool.

I see the issue, the Star Wars package is 10k, the Cinderella suite packages is 30,300. Two different items.
Ah, I didn’t realize there were two packages.

So I just checked the pricing on the room I had booked, the passholder rate dropped from $274 to $232 per night for 8/15-8/18. Not sure that's a good thing in terms of getting a preview that weekend but at least if I still go I got a better price. Just a PSA for anyone who has rooms booked, definitely check to make sure you have the best price!

ya 2 packages. the castle one has been up there for a while now. that's a new level crazy.

So I just checked the pricing on the room I had booked, the passholder rate dropped from $274 to $232 per night for 8/15-8/18. Not sure that's a good thing in terms of getting a preview that weekend but at least if I still go I got a better price. Just a PSA for anyone who has rooms booked, definitely check to make sure you have the best price!
I agree I got an AoA little mermaid room for $133 it had just opened up so there are deals still opening for the AP rates.

I agree I got an AoA little mermaid room for $133 it had just opened up so there are deals still opening for the AP rates.
How do you check if rates have gone down? Do you have to call? We booked under the AP summer rate a while ago for August...

Not sure if it applies to you, but you may have booked at a time when they weren't discounting the weekend and you caught it on a day they were. It's been bouncing back and forth for months now- took me forever to make some changes waiting for them to revert back to discounted weekends.

Not sure if it applies to you, but you may have booked at a time when they weren't discounting the weekend and you caught it on a day they were. It's been bouncing back and forth for months now- took me forever to make some changes waiting for them to revert back to discounted weekends.

Nope, it was discounted when I booked with AP rate! Just not as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter